Gear: Envy
Havoc
HiFi
Brand Affiliation: Liquid Force Kiteboarding
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Liquid Force fun foil

Postby liquidforcekites » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:45 pm

revhead! thanks for fueling the fire on internet skepticism..and sorry for the "wrong" terminology...

we are just foiling and having a blast!! and that is "keeping it real"

see you on the water!!!!!

Do-it
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: North and Ocean Rodeo

Postby Do-it » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:26 am

Rev head.....I have no idea about foils.... But, you my friend are coming off as a big know it all dick-tard. I would have never even picked up on the dick-tardiness, if it wasn't for you interjection on the kitesurfing forum directing IanNJ to the special and elite foil topic. Since you directed me to the foil forum I have been reading alot of posts trying to learn more about foils. Apparently , I should have just pm'ed you, because you know everything. Liquid force is obviously selling beginner foils! What's the big conspiracy??? What are you trying to prove by attacking liquid force.... It's a little pathetic, dick-tard.

darippah
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Weight: 165
Local Beach: New Jersey, USA
Style: Hydrofoil big air
Gear: Sonic 3 13m , Soul 7 and 10m
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby darippah » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:42 am

Hows the liquid force board for jumping? Without the foil

Im sure not as good as twin tip... But how much is lost

dwaynej
Medium Poster
Gear: Kites

Postby dwaynej » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:33 am

revhed wrote: The only way to know if you have a good design and build will be in test flight results and use by experienced pilots offering non bias reviews, we will see!
R H
Many of the foils on the market today just work and are not necessarily backed by a bunch of fluid dynamic testing... Just practical testing. Foils are still new enough with many builders so it may take a few years for the science to catch up to practical experience... I don't expect LF or many others to be able to explain the science behind their projects.

That being said, any foil that allows iterative replacement of wings, fuselage, and mast means your purchase is not destined to the scrap heap when innovation/science occurs... There is enough planned obsolesce in the world.

IMO, I'm not fussed by one piece foils or manufacturers who require complete replacement of all components when changes are made.

A buddy has a foil made up of components from various manufacturers... He likes it a lot and its not a bad approach if you can afford it.
Last edited by dwaynej on Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

t3rse
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Folly
Gear: RRD Obsession/Core XR/Cab FX

Postby t3rse » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:35 am

Do-it wrote:Rev head.....I have no idea about foils.... But, you my friend are coming off as a big know it all dick-tard. I would have never even picked up on the dick-tardiness, if it wasn't for you interjection on the kitesurfing forum directing IanNJ to the special and elite foil topic. Since you directed me to the foil forum I have been reading alot of posts trying to learn more about foils. Apparently , I should have just pm'ed you, because you know everything. Liquid force is obviously selling beginner foils! What's the big conspiracy??? What are you trying to prove by attacking liquid force.... It's a little pathetic, dick-tard.
You know he's French right? Just saying....

Maybe just a cultural difference....

Do-it
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: North and Ocean Rodeo

Postby Do-it » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:17 am

t3rse wrote:
Do-it wrote:Rev head.....I have no idea about foils.... But, you my friend are coming off as a big know it all dick-tard. I would have never even picked up on the dick-tardiness, if it wasn't for you interjection on the kitesurfing forum directing IanNJ to the special and elite foil topic. Since you directed me to the foil forum I have been reading alot of posts trying to learn more about foils. Apparently , I should have just pm'ed you, because you know everything. Liquid force is obviously selling beginner foils! What's the big conspiracy??? What are you trying to prove by attacking liquid force.... It's a little pathetic, dick-tard.

LOL... That explains it.... Why are you frenchies so insecure? oh, probably the two world wars you needed help with???

Hawaiis
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kailua

Postby Hawaiis » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:51 am

Do-it wrote:
t3rse wrote:

LOL... That explains it.... Why are you frenchies so insecure? oh, probably the two world wars you needed help with???
They still believe they beat Germany both times.

lander
Frequent Poster

Postby lander » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:01 am

Easy guys. I am now on my foil no. 5 and must admit, nothing beats the french designs. But the LF foil is a "fun foil", and we should not care about the design as it is a low performance foil. The people who buys it can (after a long delay) expect availability which is a big issue with other brands. The buyer will probably prefere to upgrade to a high performance foil after a few months, but the fair price will get a lot of new foilers on the water, which is a good thing.
Last edited by lander on Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

tekko
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Gorge- USA
Gear: Liquid Force
Brand Affiliation: Liquid Force USA

Postby tekko » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:06 am

darippah wrote:Hows the liquid force board for jumping? Without the foil

Im sure not as good as twin tip... But how much is lost
The Fish does jump well as just the board with the surf fins, but requires some skill to avoid hard landings, due to the width and flatness in the rocker.

But... we have been having some fun jumping it with the foil!! While we don't necessarily promote jumping the foils, our internal real world benchmark for durability(after the lab tests, of course) was putting hours and hours on them, including jumping.

I am 250 pound big dude. I was the one out putting hit after hit on these with both soft/smooth landings and those that I was surprised to have not destroyed the foil or myself and I can say not only will the foil be possible to jump with, it's actually super fun, boosting the foil with a 12m in just over 10knots! Once you learn the load and fly pogo stick action it really is impressive!
Attachments
dualfoil.jpg
Cruising with Slezak in Dec in Hood River. Check the snow on the hills in the background!
foilindy.jpg
Yours Truly- LF Tekko Indy boost in the drysuit!
_DSC0076.jpg
Jason Slezak Tail grab boosting
_DSC0237.jpg
Jason Slezak Indy grab boosting

kitesurfrabbi
Frequent Poster

Postby kitesurfrabbi » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:41 am

whats really impressive tekko is that you can actually grab indy in a drysuit being such a rack ;-)

Return to “Hydrofoil”