Why Cant I find a Sword 2 review?

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
lander
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Why Cant I find a Sword 2 review?

Postby lander » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:47 pm

You will be happy with your choice Bill. It is a very nice foil. My personal speed record on the Sword2 is 39 mph (34 knots/ 64 kmh) and I have not felt the "speed wall" either ;)
But opposite you, I feel that the board of the Sword could have been better. (lighter and a better rail shape). But I like the placement of the straps. Again shows how personal everything is.
In a perfect world you could have a mix of both. (Spotz and Sword). I really like how you can ajust the angles of the rearwing with ease on the Spotz and I really like the smooth feeling of the Sword...
Attachments
Sword2 best result.JPG
Sword2 best result.JPG (139.86 KiB) Viewed 1425 times
Last edited by lander on Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.

stefaans
Very Frequent Poster

Postby stefaans » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:54 pm

SparD wrote:
Taaroa wrote:
Why doesn't Johnny Heineken have one? Yet he was world champ?
Johnny will receive his Sword 2 in less than 2 weeks
So, what happened since Nov 6th ?! Johnny's Sword 2 was lost during the transport ?!

Because he was using a Spotz in La Ventana !!
No nothing lost.

Johnny has both foils obviously and gets to compete on whichever is faster.

dusta
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby dusta » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:09 am

Tone wrote:yeah KFA who certainly didn't copy the Sword :P

and a sword doesn't look like a spotz or a magma or any other brand . There are going to be similarities in every brand . Tone have you had a kfa MK3 side by side with a spotz2 ? If you have you will see it is not an exact copy as you state .

Also been alot of spotz2's breaking in aus . Luckily KFA didn't "copy" that aspect of the spotz2

Taaroa
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Frejus
Gear: sword 2 - elf kite
Brand Affiliation: Taaroa

Postby Taaroa » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:00 pm

I purchased a Sword 2 after the LV race.. I am a recreation rider, one year experience, riding about 200 days a year, and I have had 5 different foils during that time.
The Sword 2 is easy to ride with a nice lift entry, a very stable glide with no erratic pitch or yaw moments, as the speed of the foil increases so does it's stability. Jibing, s-turns, 360, and tacking are very predictable. GPS speeds up wind are in the 22MPH for me, off wind, my comfort level is 26MPH, the boards level is more, I have not felt the "speed wall" yet. Down wind is very deep, and in that 22-25 mph range for me, the board has a higher potential than I can take it.
The board is a nice piece of work, good rail shape and the "V" bottom really works, the back foot strap is a little too far back for me.
The craftsmanship and construction of the foil and board is excellent, I like the durability of the one piece mast and fuselage and it's clean lines, packing it along with the board width is no problem. When looking at a mast and fuselage cross section, I was very impressed - solid carbon, and well done.
If one would want to experiment with different wings they would be very easy to adapt to the fuselage also. Sword has 3 different wings.
This would be a good board to learn on, and a board to keep your interest up for a long time. When you are ready to race, just show up, the board is ready.
Thank you Taaroa, and Ludowic.
Bill
Thanks you bill for this nice review, hope to see you next year in La ventana :D

Return to “Hydrofoil”