Custom wave boards
Naish Park
ASV
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Why Cant I find a Sword 2 review?

Postby Tfcm » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:09 am

Actually Europ2 as i kniw who splottie is. And i know for a fact he doesn't have a foil at all (he did briefly posess a Carafino before selling it a few days after we got them).. So can i please have $1AUD tranfered to me immediatley.. Thanks that would be great..

Europ2
Frequent Poster

Postby Europ2 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:06 am

One of the rare persons in the world to receive a complete Carafino set and resold as new ?
.... Tfcm, I'm "fingerless" ... :o :wink:

SparD
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Local Beach: Almanarre
Gear: Foil kites : Ozone R1V3
Tube kites : Ocean Rodeo Flite
Hydrofoil : Chubanga

Postby SparD » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:40 am

Taaroa wrote:
Why doesn't Johnny Heineken have one? Yet he was world champ?
Johnny will receive his Sword 2 in less than 2 weeks
So, what happened since Nov 6th ?! Johnny's Sword 2 was lost during the transport ?!

Because he was using a Spotz in La Ventana !!

cglazier
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Naish, Flysurfer, Alpine, Moses

Postby cglazier » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:03 am

In La Ventana Nico and Johnny were riding the Spotz2 and Maxime was on the Sword2. All were within one point in the final standings.

In my opinion, a big limitation of the Sword2 is the very big fuselage and mast structure which makes it difficult to pack for travel. I hope Taaroa fixes this.

:-) CG

lander
Frequent Poster

Postby lander » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:40 am

I have tried both Sword2 and Spotz2 (with the curved wings). Both really good foils, and as CG mention the result of La Ventana shows that they are both very competitative.
They look very different and feels very different. So a choice would be of personal preference. The Sword have a more smooth glide but also more sensitive. The Spotz have a bit more vibrations but also more stability. The spotz have a more travelfreindly design, but since we are talking racefoils and not freeride foils, I guess performance is your main priority. And here they are both excelent. So again a personal choice of what foil is most suitable for you. But if the choice comes down to a more simple matter, you might consider: availability, cost and design for traveling?

Taaroa
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Frejus
Gear: sword 2 - elf kite
Brand Affiliation: Taaroa

Postby Taaroa » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:37 am

Hi

I agree with lander, now race foil are very close in performance that mean it's a personnal choice, you have to try and compare :)

We have made the choice of a one piece mast and fuselage for having the best solidity.

Buying a foil is an investment and customer want to have something strong. During the event in La Ventana more than 7 foils have break... but 0 Sword 2...

When you are traveling for competition in each case you need 2 bags because you can't put 4 kites, 1 boards , 1 foils , 3 bars, 1 harness , 1 wetsuit, some clothes... :-)

Of course if you are traveling for hollydays you will need less equipements that is why we are working on a foil easy to travel :-), Freeride and affordable.

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:10 pm

T-bar (mast and fuselage) will be stronger and lighter and stiffer and have less drag, if in one piece :thumb:

So one should have good reasons, not to want the one piece T-bar IMO :naughty:

8) PF

WCH
Rare Poster
Gear: Slingshot

Postby WCH » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:43 pm

I purchased a Sword 2 after the LV race.. I am a recreation rider, one year experience, riding about 200 days a year, and I have had 5 different foils during that time.
The Sword 2 is easy to ride with a nice lift entry, a very stable glide with no erratic pitch or yaw moments, as the speed of the foil increases so does it's stability. Jibing, s-turns, 360, and tacking are very predictable. GPS speeds up wind are in the 22MPH for me, off wind, my comfort level is 26MPH, the boards level is more, I have not felt the "speed wall" yet. Down wind is very deep, and in that 22-25 mph range for me, the board has a higher potential than I can take it.
The board is a nice piece of work, good rail shape and the "V" bottom really works, the back foot strap is a little too far back for me.
The craftsmanship and construction of the foil and board is excellent, I like the durability of the one piece mast and fuselage and it's clean lines, packing it along with the board width is no problem. When looking at a mast and fuselage cross section, I was very impressed - solid carbon, and well done.
If one would want to experiment with different wings they would be very easy to adapt to the fuselage also. Sword has 3 different wings.
This would be a good board to learn on, and a board to keep your interest up for a long time. When you are ready to race, just show up, the board is ready.
Thank you Taaroa, and Ludowic.
Bill

Return to “Hydrofoil”