Favorite Beaches: Plattsburgh City Beach, NY
Gear: Core Section 4M, Section 2 6M. GTS 3 9M
Moses Onda 71 HL
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Froggies warned you

Postby Rotule » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:12 pm

Truc wrote:The 100 % was an absolute lie.
It's not yet that we are more likely to see a Diamond (100% carbon) Hydrofoil :lol:

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Starsky » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:41 pm

Not really, I'm quite convinced you are and were right all along. Bravo, if that's what your looking for. No sarcasm intended.

I don't deny or regret speaking up either, and perhaps windrider was just what mango deserved, but he absolutely spread patently false and defamatory information with his single track agenda. He was just as transparent from the onset, and it deserved just as much critical comment as Mango's launching of his goddess logo, his delusions of grandeur and his over the top stall tactics.

My concern was for those that bought in, and though its all speculation now, Its not difficult to see how the mission to sink his venture in part cost them their money/foils.

That is not worth self congratulation or an "I told you so".

Truc
Rare Poster
Gear: An hydrofoil
Been thanked: 0

Postby Truc » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:53 pm

When somebody is dangerous like him and threatens so many people it is always difficult to prove anything staying anonymous. Because your word has low credit in this situation.
I know other people who faced problems with C and they refused to witness on this forum. They simply did not want to be bothered any more.

How does he make a leaving ? Well he sells (sold) also surfboards and sups. Probably delivered them more correctly to his customers.

The history turns around his ego problem if you really think the situation. He absolutely wanted to be recognized as the creator of kitefoiling. Imagine that Manu Bertin, Bruno (and Dominique) Legaignoux, Flash Austin, Lou Wainman or whoever like Laurent Ness had pretended he had created kitesurfing alone, he his the father of kitesurfing. Ridiculous statement... (one of them did in fact).

History is not that simple. New sports are never created by one single person. All of these people have contributed to create kitesurfing and many others contributed to develop it later. Roby for instance. Same thing for MTB, for snowboarding... The first pionners stayed famous, some did not.

But C wanted to be recognized as the only one for kitefoiling. Such a ridiculous pretention. And as the so called creator, he pretended nobody else should develop new foils. He pretended to have patents but this was an absolute lie too.

A retaliation come-back
This last attempt to come back in the foil market was driven by his willing to punish the followers that in fact overtook him while he was probably not working that hard. I heard that he took too much d....s. This doesn't help to stay clear and face reality when the marketing is developping. The 2 for 1 and all of his marketing were obviously done to help him to recover his hurt ego.

Something seems also important to notice. Manufacturing solid resisting quality foils is way harder than manufacturing surfboards, kiteboards.

That's my five cents. Probably partly right and wrong and missing additionnal explanations.

Return to “Hydrofoil”