Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Horue GP Cruising Kite and Windsurf foil.

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
ronnie
Very Frequent Poster

Horue GP Cruising Kite and Windsurf foil.

Postby ronnie » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:19 pm

Question for Horue.

Hi Philippe.

The GP Cruising is unusual in that it can be used for both windsurfing and kiting. I have windsurfed for many years. Would it be easier to learn to foil using the GP Cruising on a windsurfer? Windsurf foils are ridden more flat - does that mean you don't really transfer the skills to a kite foil?

It is mounted very far back on a windsurfer. Does it require mounting further back on a kite foil board than most foils?

philippe 13
Rare Poster
Style: Freestyle kitefoil
Gear: Horue Foil
Brand Affiliation: Horue
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Horue GP Cruising Kite and Windsurf foil.

Postby philippe 13 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:41 pm

Hi Ronnie,

The GP can come with 3 differents front wings. Tests show that they can be used on both wind and kite. The best one for the the windfoil is the lightwind front wing, which provides a power lift even at low speed and doesn't show any speed limits. The cruising front wing is better for kitefoil.

On a kitefoil, you have to put your back foot just above or just behind (closer to the tail) than the tuttle head, depending on your preferences. We are developping a kitefoil board for this model.

It's much more easy to begin on a windfoil compared with a kitefoil :thumb:

ronnie
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Horue GP Cruising Kite and Windsurf foil.

Postby ronnie » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:19 pm

philippe 13 wrote:Hi Ronnie,

The GP can come with 3 differents front wings. Tests show that they can be used on both wind and kite. The best one for the the windfoil is the lightwind front wing, which provides a power lift even at low speed and doesn't show any speed limits. The cruising front wing is better for kitefoil.

On a kitefoil, you have to put your back foot just above or just behind (closer to the tail) than the tuttle head, depending on your preferences. We are developping a kitefoil board for this model.

It's much more easy to begin on a windfoil compared with a kitefoil :thumb:
Thanks Philippe.
None of my current 3 windsurf boards have a tuttle box, but the Horue foil is interesting if it could give a lower wind limit for windsurfing. It did say that the cruising front wing worked for both windsurfing and kitesurfing, but if I want to get the most benefit with a windsurfer, then it seems I would need to get the light wind foil for windsurfing and get a cruising front wing if I want to then use the foil for kiting.

My biggest sail is a 6.5m and I would like to keep that upper sail size limit. It does seem that maybe a JP slalom 68cm wide board would let me get down to planing in maybe 13 knots, but with a foil and 6.5m sail might get below 11 knots - judging by this photo.
It would be nice to see some light wind windsurf foiling video.

https://www.facebook.com/Horuefoil/phot ... =1&theater

Return to “Hydrofoil”