Favorite Beaches: la ventana, los barriles
Style: freestyle, Kiteracing
Gear: ozone edge and RPM
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Any NF2 review out?

Postby andrewkiter » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:38 am

Would like to read some testimonial of someone who has ridden the new Slingshot-Lift NF2 foil

IanNJ
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Brigantine NJ
Favorite Beaches: Brigantine, LBI, Kite Island NJ, Caberate, Hatteras
Style: Wave/freestyle
Gear: Currently rocking a 12/10/8 CORE GTS3 for waves and wake. Cabrinha Velocity 13/10/7 for Foil.
Boards: LF 139 Element with LFK boots and no fins, SlingShot/MHL NF2 Strapless Foil, CORE Ripper 2 5'10", Cabrinha Secrete weapon 5'10", Slingshot 5'6" Angry Swallow
Brand Affiliation: www.NewJerseyKiteboarding.com and www.GreenHatKiteboarding.com

Re: Any NF2 review out?

Postby IanNJ » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:23 am

andrewkiter wrote:Would like to read some testimonial of someone who has ridden the new Slingshot-Lift NF2 foil
getting out tomorrow. I posted some initial stats comparing weight to the LF foil today in a different thread.

phlow
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: Texas City Levee, Texas City Dike, El Jardin, Galveston
Gear: North Rebels, Nobile NHP, Jimmy Lewis Surf and SUP, Slingshot Alien Air, Lift NF2 Foil

Postby phlow » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:16 pm

I took my Alien Air FX out for it's virgin session yesterday afternoon, light 10 - 11knot winds, North Rebel 14, Texas City Levee.

Initial perceptions was great, though the mast is quite tall.

Unfortunately, I was bummed that the mast broke off about 30 minutes into the session!! Very strange, broke off cleanly, no exposed carbon rovings etc. The baseplate is still secured firmly to the board and it's almost like the solid mast was "glued" into the pocket of the baseplate and not really laid up / integrated solidly into the base.

Again, deep water, sand bottom, board broke free cleanly sliding downwind once I got up on plane.

I know this is probably a freak mfg issue and Slingshot / MHL will stand behind this fully, just wasn't what I was expecting 30 min into my first session on a $2799 toy!!

andrewkiter
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Local Beach: hood river
Favorite Beaches: la ventana, los barriles
Style: freestyle, Kiteracing
Gear: ozone edge and RPM

Postby andrewkiter » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:27 am

Wow!
That really sucks, I ride Lift and lost my front wing, waiting for a new one now..
The mast in my Lift looks however well built and inserts nice and tight in the board.
I feel the four bolt in system very strong and secure.

Hope you can get foiling again!

Contact Nick Leason the owner of Lift, he's a great guy and will sort you out and get
you out riding again as quick as possible!

Cheers

phlow
Frequent Poster
Gear: North Rebels, Nobile NHP, Jimmy Lewis Surf and SUP, Slingshot Alien Air, Lift NF2 Foil

Postby phlow » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:58 pm

Yeah I'm sure it will get sorted out quicly, I sent Nick and the guys a series of pics of the failure. Slingshot and MHL are both great companies who stand behind their products so I'm hopeful to get a replacement soon (and I'll advise all here once I do!)

IanNJ
Frequent Poster
Gear: Currently rocking a 12/10/8 CORE GTS3 for waves and wake. Cabrinha Velocity 13/10/7 for Foil.
Boards: LF 139 Element with LFK boots and no fins, SlingShot/MHL NF2 Strapless Foil, CORE Ripper 2 5'10", Cabrinha Secrete weapon 5'10", Slingshot 5'6" Angry Swallow
Brand Affiliation: www.NewJerseyKiteboarding.com and www.GreenHatKiteboarding.com

Postby IanNJ » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:17 am

ulx
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Local Beach: St. Peter-Ording, Germany
Favorite Beaches: Klitmøller (Denmark) and South Africa
Style: Strapless Surf- and Foilboard
Gear: Slingshot SST 8,7,6,5
Firewire Vader
Ketos Foil with Kakoo board 108x44

Postby ulx » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:20 am

phlow wrote:Yeah I'm sure it will get sorted out quicly, I sent Nick and the guys a series of pics of the failure. Slingshot and MHL are both great companies who stand behind their products so I'm hopeful to get a replacement soon (and I'll advise all here once I do!)
Still no news here?

phlow
Frequent Poster

Postby phlow » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:25 pm

For the record everyone, Slingshot stood behind this fully and I had a complete NF2 replacement within one week.

I wasn't impressed with Nick L's response from MHL but Slingshot took care of me. Back on the water now.

ulx
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Local Beach: St. Peter-Ording, Germany
Favorite Beaches: Klitmøller (Denmark) and South Africa
Style: Strapless Surf- and Foilboard
Gear: Slingshot SST 8,7,6,5
Firewire Vader
Ketos Foil with Kakoo board 108x44

Postby ulx » Sat May 02, 2015 6:05 pm

I just bought one and had a great time with it. First time ever on a foil and got me going pretty fast on open sea. Today, on my second day, I managed my first tacks and jibes. I am kiting since 2006 and strapless surfboard only for the last 3 years or so. That obviously helped. So, with my background it is a great board for learning and from what I hear wide open for progression as well. I use it with frontstrap only at the moment. Very happy. Can't compare to anything, as, like I said, I haven't tried anything else.

IanNJ
Frequent Poster

Postby IanNJ » Wed May 06, 2015 11:36 am

I just want to add that yesterday i did the dummy move of the week. I came out of the water as the wind was picking up. I live super close to the beach so put my Nf2 on top of the truck. As i was packing up my kite the wind got stronger and blew the board off the roof. (I didnt have a chance to strap it down and never thought it would go flying). It landed about 10' away from the car on semi-soft sand. I check all the rails kn the board and all connection points and other areas on the foil and there was nothing wrong. The only damaged part was my ego :( it is still rock solid.

Return to “Hydrofoil”