Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Moses silente Hydrofoil carrying bag design ideas

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
brunoperez
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Miami Beach
Favorite Beaches: Miami Beach, Crandon, Matheson, Cabarete, Cape Hatteras, Long Island New York, Puerto Rico ,
Style: Hydrofoil, riding, jumping
Gear: Ocean Rodeo
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Moses silente Hydrofoil carrying bag design ideas

Postby brunoperez » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:51 am

It looks nice and convenient, how much is it?

Jollydriver
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Mid-Atlantic
OBX
Favorite Beaches: OBX
Dewey Beach
Style: Freeride & Progressing
Gear: Cheap, On Sale, or Used

Postby Jollydriver » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:25 pm

Hi

This looks great, especially since the Silente is on my very short list of possible first foils!

So my suggestions are minor.

1. I would suggest some method to secure the mast (hook & loop restraints at two or three points in the case).
2. If the desire is to make the case capable of carrying multiple wings, please ensure all of Moses' wings can fit in the wing pockets. The front wings are available in 425mm, 450mm, and 485mm (high performance) widths. The rear wings are available (or soon will be) in 270mm and 320mm widths. I've attached one of your pictures with dimensions and suggested widths for pockets.
3. If this will be a commercial product, please offer at least one boring color (navy blue, black, or tan/beige). How else am I going to try to pass this off as a display stand for a convention to avoid airline charges? :wink:

So will this be a commercially available product?

JD
SilenteBag2.png
SilenteBag2.png (460.25 KiB) Viewed 1531 times

fun2kite
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Singapore
Favorite Beaches: Secret spots around Asia
Gear: Foil: Moses
Kite: Fone Breeze, Flysurfer Sonic FR

Postby fun2kite » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:18 pm

Thank you for comments guys. I agree with size pockets, and strap for the mast. Those are must to add. Also thinking maybe to make the bag 15cm height all the way, instead of getting wider at the top only. Would give more room for stuff.

It could be commercial product if there is enough demand to make it feasible to do production.

I think I would need at least 15 - 20 people to want it worth my time. I'll try to create a separate thread to gauge the interest.

I spoke to a kitesurfing distributor in US and he thinks that this bag is an odd case use since it does NOT fit EVERYTHING you have (like golf bag) for air travel. So may not be best use case for taking on the plane.

He also said that day-to-day use, people do not want to dis-assemble their foil and thus it may not be useful for day-to-day use either.

So the question is: Does this bag solve anybody's problem?

Do you take your hydrofoil apart when transporting in the car?
When taking it to the beach by walking?
when storing it in the house?

Is it a MUST for a bag to accommodate a board as well as the foil?

Most important question: How much would you pay to get this bag into production?
Since the volume for this even in best case scenario will be tiny, the price can NOT be cheap.
Would you pay $180 USD? $200 ? $250?

Last, how much would you pay for shipping? If there is a small run, the bags would have to be shipped individually that also spells expensive! (if a distributer buys say 20+ bags, it is possible to ship by sea at much better prices to distributor who can then ship locally at much lower prices.

Looking forward to your opinions.

Jollydriver
Medium Poster
OBX
Dewey Beach

Postby Jollydriver » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:54 pm

fun2kite wrote: Would you pay $180 USD? $200 ? $250?
I have not seen the price of the Moses bag in their 2015 brochure, but I imagine you'll need to come in at or below that price point or offer a substantially better product. I've attached an image of that bag. Does anyone know the retail price for the MA005 bag?
2015-06-02 14.18.43.jpg
2015-06-02 14.18.43.jpg (76.11 KiB) Viewed 1432 times

BraCuru
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Grzybowo, Kołobrzeg, Polish Baltic Coast
Favorite Beaches: Polish Baltic Beach
Style: foilboarding
Gear: Flysurfer Souls, Moses Hydrofoil, BraCuru Boards
Brand Affiliation: Moses HF

Postby BraCuru » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:10 am

fun2kite wrote:Here is my newly designed bag.
Empty bag weights just under 2kg.
Very impressive! Nice design and looks like good materials. Did you do it yourself?
Should a perfect hydrofoil bag also be able to fit a board? (i.e.: should I make the bag wider? )
I think that it depends of demands.
Basic question is how often a foil is detached from a board and how often the wings are detached too. If not often then do I need it?
I use a scooter in Belgium - such a bag would be perfect.
However I would doubt if I need it when a foil is transported by a car.

Waiting for the dedicated Moses Bag - will try it. Maybe I will change my mind.

Jollydriver
Medium Poster
OBX
Dewey Beach

Postby Jollydriver » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:44 am

Hi BraCuru

Have you seen a suggested retail price (Euros, GBP, or USD) for the Moses MA005 bag?

Do you have any idea when it will be available?

Good Winds

JD

fun2kite
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Singapore
Favorite Beaches: Secret spots around Asia
Gear: Foil: Moses
Kite: Fone Breeze, Flysurfer Sonic FR

Postby fun2kite » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:52 am

BraCuru wrote:
fun2kite wrote:Here is my newly designed bag.
Empty bag weights just under 2kg.
Very impressive! Nice design and looks like good materials. Did you do it yourself?
Hi BraCuru,

I just did the design and then went to find a factory that can make it for me. Spent half a day actually trying to find a factory who would even bother with me and then another half a day with the guy who barely spoke English to explain what I want. Now if needed, I can go back to the same guy and make adjustments to the bag and order more if it made business sense.

Maybe Moses guys would want me to make them some bags:-) I don't think there is otherwise big enough market for me to bother with production, unless I get at the minimum 15-20 people wanting them.

By just looking at Moses Bag picture, it seem that their bag does not have padding or at least not as much as my bag has. Because the surface of their bag is so uneven and wobbling. All materials for my bag are exact material used for surfboard bags. They are very high quality and meant for transporting fragile boards. Hopefully Moses has used good quality materials as well and not just some nylon cover as it looks from the picture.

I actually would probably just bought their bag if it was available. But since it was NOT available at all, I wound up making my own.

I am looking forward for you to report on quality of construction of Moses bag when it is available.

BraCuru, do you also know dimensions of their T20 and T40 boards?
I plan to buy one of them later (once I decide which one will suit me better). And them I may wind up making another bag to accommodate the board and the foil together.

I ride in super light conditions in Singapore. So I am worried about betting T20 at the moment as it may or may not have enough floatation to get going. Please share any info on those boards if you have any experience with them.

BraCuru
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Grzybowo, Kołobrzeg, Polish Baltic Coast
Favorite Beaches: Polish Baltic Beach
Style: foilboarding
Gear: Flysurfer Souls, Moses Hydrofoil, BraCuru Boards
Brand Affiliation: Moses HF

Postby BraCuru » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:23 am

Jollydriver wrote:Have you seen a suggested retail price (Euros, GBP, or USD) for the Moses MA005 bag?
Do you have any idea when it will be available?
MA005 price is not established yet :( It and other item prices including shipments and release schedule for all will be decided on a coming meeting. Do not know when exactly. I will share once is confirmed.
fun2kite wrote:do you also know dimensions of their T20 and T40 boards?
T20: 1420x470x22cm x 2,9kg, stance 52-67cm,
T40: 1420x485x40, stance 52-67cm.

I am checking weights of all 4 options (T20,T40, glass, carbon). Moses gives weight 2,9kg for T20 in glass and carbon option. I need to clarify it. I guess the carbon one should be lighter than the glass one.
I plan to buy one of them later (once I decide which one will suit me better).

I ride in super light conditions in Singapore. So I am worried about betting T20 at the moment as it may or may not have enough floatation to get going. Please share any info on those boards if you have any experience with them.

I've never ridden T20 or T40 as they are brand new products. However got some experience gained on the first smallest Moses board, halfcut twintips (100x42x1cm), skim boards etc.

I do not know your weight which might be important factor. However once you mentioned "super light conditions" you should decide to go for T40. Because: 1,5cm wider and doubled volume! You will need it. In ultra light conditions (5-6kts) I use board which has 3 times more volume than T40 and 6 times more than T20.
I guess that in the same wind conditions an experienced rider of 80kg with a kite 14m will go on T40 from 7kts and T20 from 8kts. Add two knots to unexperienced one or a 100kg rider.
Just one or two knots of the difference but in Singapore it might mean couple of dozens more hours foiling during a year :idea:
And them I may wind up making another bag to accommodate the board and the foil together.

This is my option :D Works very well.

Return to “Hydrofoil”