Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: New inflatable Kite, 100% hydrofoil dedicated: Notus Air

Postby Wielandt » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:58 pm

Look more or less as LF Solo...........

foilonfoil
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Belmont Shore, CA / Hood River, OR
Favorite Beaches: Crissy Field, San Francisco, CA / Benicia, CA / Sail Bay, San Diego, CA / Hermosa Beach, CA
Style: Kitefoil
Gear: Flysurfer Sonic Race, Core Section V1's, MikesLab Foil, Camet Boards.

Postby foilonfoil » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:22 pm

Interesting. Love my Sonics but I would take this for a test drive just to compare.

3InletsWindsports
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Shallow Inlet, Corner Inlet, Andersons inlet.
Favorite Beaches: Shallow Inlet, Point Danger.
Style: freeride
Gear: Zeeko
Brand Affiliation: Zeeko importer in Australia

Postby 3InletsWindsports » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:26 pm

that was a short countdown clock.

Now we just have to get some on the water.

With the 8m extension lines in Australia they are about $140aud but do they replace the 4m extensions or add to them?
Does then the without 8m extension lines wind range mean just using the 20m lines?
If so then is it possible that those Zeeko kiters with a spare bar can then add 4m to make up the 8m?
If all this is so then using a std Zeeko UDS bar with std line setup give a wind range in between the listed wind ranges ??

Zeeko
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Montpellier, France
Style: all styles
Brand Affiliation: Zeeko
Been thanked: 0

Postby Zeeko » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:21 am

Dears,

I agree with Ronnie, the Notus Air we developped is designed to be ridden with 'fast foils', I mean if you have a foil able to ride faster than 20-25knots you'll feel all the potential of the kite.
If you have a slower hydrofoil I suggest to ride mostly with the 8m extension lines.
Also if you want to learn tacks and air jibes, Extension lines are a must as you have power all the time during the trick.

The kite is designed to have a lot of glide in the air, this is not a low aspect ratio kite which gives you power at very low speed. Here the target is to have glide as close as the glide of a High Aspect ratio kites (like Pursuit from Zeeko or Velocity) but with more fun to ride (more Curved C-shape arc, and wider tips).
FInally, about the 8m extension lines supplieds, we choose this length because all Zeeko bars are sold with 20m+4m extension lines, then if you remove the 4m extension lines, you can ride with 28m line length (which is perfect for this kite) and if you want to gain low end more, just all all your extension and the kite is ridable with 32m total line length: perfect for very light winds.

Ride easy
Nicolas

BraCuru
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Grzybowo, Kołobrzeg, Polish Baltic Coast
Favorite Beaches: Polish Baltic Beach
Style: foilboarding
Gear: Flysurfer Souls, Moses Hydrofoil, BraCuru Boards
Brand Affiliation: Moses HF

Postby BraCuru » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:30 am

Congratulations for breaking stereotypes :idea:
We should see more and more companies offering a foilboarding dedicated kites.

I'm surprised to see Notus Air as a C-shape. So far I thought that flat bow kites with high AR would be the best for foilboarding.
Don't understand why C-shape would be better for fast foils. How does it work please?
I must be blind :oops:

Glad to see reduced amount of struts. Well done.
Sizing - 12 & 8m only? I understand this is just beginning.
Hope to see 14,12,10,8,6m next version.

Extension lines - still not appreciated enough by most of foilers!
8m extension makes magic in marginal low winds.

ronnie
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ronnie » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:41 am

Zeeko wrote:Dears,

I agree with Ronnie, the Notus Air we developped is designed to be ridden with 'fast foils', I mean if you have a foil able to ride faster than 20-25knots you'll feel all the potential of the kite.
If you have a slower hydrofoil I suggest to ride mostly with the 8m extension lines.
Also if you want to learn tacks and air jibes, Extension lines are a must as you have power all the time during the trick.

The kite is designed to have a lot of glide in the air, this is not a low aspect ratio kite which gives you power at very low speed. Here the target is to have glide as close as the glide of a High Aspect ratio kites (like Pursuit from Zeeko or Velocity) but with more fun to ride (more Curved C-shape arc, and wider tips).
FInally, about the 8m extension lines supplieds, we choose this length because all Zeeko bars are sold with 20m+4m extension lines, then if you remove the 4m extension lines, you can ride with 28m line length (which is perfect for this kite) and if you want to gain low end more, just all all your extension and the kite is ridable with 32m total line length: perfect for very light winds.

Ride easy
Nicolas
There is a growing market for your type of kite - in windsurfing it is called freeride style.

I guess the BRM kite will be aimed at the freestyle market, for kiters who want it to be easier to learn this style.

I expect neither kite will be limited only to those styles.

Jzh_perth
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Scarborough, wa
Style: Hydrofoil, Sufboard and TT
Gear: Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: Flysurfer dealer

Postby Jzh_perth » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:47 pm

Can Zeeko please elaborate on the handling characteristics at the 20-25 knots as suggested ? At this speed , here in Perth we are usually in the domain of racers riding the Sonic / R1/ Diablo. What differences can we expect of the Notus in comparison to the high AR foil kites we currently ride ? I might have thought freeriding happened at much slower speeds, hence less need for AR.

3InletsWindsports
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Shallow Inlet, Corner Inlet, Andersons inlet.
Favorite Beaches: Shallow Inlet, Point Danger.
Style: freeride
Gear: Zeeko
Brand Affiliation: Zeeko importer in Australia

Postby 3InletsWindsports » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:59 pm

Jzh_perth wrote:Can Zeeko please elaborate on the handling characteristics at the 20-25 knots as suggested ? At this speed , here in Perth we are usually in the domain of racers riding the Sonic / R1/ Diablo. What differences can we expect of the Notus in comparison to the high AR foil kites we currently ride ? I might have thought freeriding happened at much slower speeds, hence less need for AR.
I read that 20-25knots as meaning the speed capability of the foil.
meaning this kite will suit the faster style foils, not necessarily riding constantly at that speed.
Although going faster on foils maybe on everyone's list of fun things to do.

Of course my home spot is Shallow Inlet/Sandy Point. So going fast is the norm, or get run over by the speed sailboarders.

KitesurferRO
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: worldwide

Postby KitesurferRO » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:44 am

Zeeko Notus AIR 12m, courtesy of ROLAVI:

Last edited by KitesurferRO on Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ROLAVI
Medium Poster

Postby ROLAVI » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:33 pm

Fun kite. I used the 12m air seen here yesterday without the 8m extensions in the ocean off nags head. Started in 15-18mph onshore winds and finished in 18-22mph. I could have been on my 10m or 8m after it ramped up. However I wanted to ride my brand new kite. I can easily seen now why the Air has a big range in sizes from 12m -8m. Easy transition. I am going to try the kite with line extension in lighter wind today.

Return to “Hydrofoil”