LP Foil Review

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
gmasiak
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Skyway Bridge in Saint Petersburg , Fl
Favorite Beaches: Lido Beach in Sarasota, FL
Anna Maria Beach, North Desoto Beach
Style: Freeride, Foiling
Gear: Lift Foils 110 and 150 with Zeeko AirRace board.
Pulsion UL 12m ,OR Flite kites.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: LP Foil Review

Postby gmasiak » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:12 pm

Hi Stefan,
I just got new LP foil with the smaller wing and try to find good balanced stance.
What shim are you using for the rear wing ?

Stefan
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ft. Stevens, Newport, The Gorge
Favorite Beaches: Ft Stevens, Florence
Style: Wave, Foil
Gear: North Mono's, LP Foils, North Pacific Customs
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Stefan » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:56 pm

gmasiak wrote:Hi Stefan,
I just got new LP foil with the smaller wing and try to find good balanced stance.
What shim are you using for the rear wing ?
Blue, white wasn't even, balance was very rear footed with white..... but it may vary depending on board and foot strap position. :thumb:

gmasiak
Rare Poster

Postby gmasiak » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:26 pm

Thanks Stefan :)
I was playing around with shims and got to this same conclusion .
With white shim I have to correct balance all the time (front or back foot pressure).
Now I have a red shim and it is better . I like to have more pressure on the front foot...more pitch stable.Will try blue one next. My previous foil was Aluminum Zeeko and what I missing the most is how easy was to turn. Maybe I just have to spend more time with the new foil...Any advise ?

Stefan
Frequent Poster

Postby Stefan » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:43 pm

gmasiak wrote:Thanks Stefan :)
With white shim I have to correct balance all the time (front or back foot pressure).
Now I have a red shim and it is better . I like to have more pressure on the front foot...more pitch stable.Will try blue one next. My previous foil was Aluminum Zeeko and what I missing the most is how easy was to turn. Maybe I just have to spend more time with the new foil...Any advise ?
More time definitely, some foils are easier to turn slower in nice arcing turns, small LP just requires more speed and more commitment but once you are used to it it's great I love it. I will say that the board makes as much difference for balance and turning. I have been playing around with different sizes and riding a Dwarfcraft 42" and it's way too small for this foil. I'm waiting on LP to finish their new production board which is still a ways out. :thumb:

3InletsWindsports
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Shallow Inlet, Corner Inlet, Andersons inlet.
Favorite Beaches: Shallow Inlet, Point Danger.
Style: freeride
Gear: Zeeko
Brand Affiliation: Zeeko importer in Australia

Postby 3InletsWindsports » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:41 pm

Stefan wrote:
More time definitely, some foils are easier to turn slower in nice arcing turns, small LP just requires more speed and more commitment but once you are used to it it's great I love it. I will say that the board makes as much difference for balance and turning. I have been playing around with different sizes and riding a Dwarfcraft 42" and it's way too small for this foil. I'm waiting on LP to finish their new production board which is still a ways out. :thumb:
The world is going crazy. Going from a Zeeko to a LF. Of course you will miss the Zeeko.

Stefan
Frequent Poster

Postby Stefan » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:12 pm

:thumb:
3InletsWindsports wrote:
Stefan wrote:
The world is going crazy. Going from a Zeeko to a LF. Of course you will miss the Zeeko.
No, LP dummy. :) lol No offense to LF... I think there are many options and my intent is not to slam one in favor of another. :thumb:

gmasiak
Rare Poster

Postby gmasiak » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:04 pm

Stefan wrote:
Are you foiling strapless ? What board are you using ?

Return to “Hydrofoil”