Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

first 360 hydrofoil from Marc blanc !

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: France: St Laurent du Var, Cannes, Almanarre
Style: 62 kg , light wind
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 15&12&.369 , Elf 11 &7, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, Rally 6&4.
foil Ketos, Zone, OR mako, snowskis, kite-boat
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: first 360 hydrofoil from Marc blanc !

Postby Regis-de-giens » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:32 am

This trick is so beautiful ! I see no other sailing boat that could reproduce this ... I really want to try one day...

It is hard to conclude on best practice , looking at the very few number of videos showing it (and rides like you to do it) ; a medium / low ratio foilkite allows to fly "slower" against the wind and more stable to slack lines, so should be more adapted ; maybe in your next try, Iyou could just shorten hard the turning radius by seizing the pre-line ( helicopter mode like you do on your sonic) to turn it tight around its center, and then pursue the 360 ?

For sure the shorter line, the less distance (hence time) you have to face the wind with your inertia or pumping the HF (IMO)

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Double Around the World !

Postby Peter_Frank » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:16 pm

Horst Sergio wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:54 am

Maybe I was wrong in many aspects: Tubes allow much tighter turns -> smaller line length (I think his setup is only 17 m total) -> lower speeds -> possiblity to combine with pumping -> do a double one ... :D

This is SO amazing, respect :thumb:

A shame the pumping is needed, but I assume it is...

Really incredible to watch, would be nice if it was on youtube or something, Instagram is a lousy platform IMO :roll:

So awesome !!!

8) PF

Return to “Hydrofoil”