Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Zeeko Blue & White: very fragile front wing, anyone else? How to fix my new wing?

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
omg
Very Frequent Poster

Zeeko Blue & White: very fragile front wing, anyone else? How to fix my new wing?

Postby omg » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:35 pm

Hi,

I noticed that the very end of the tip of the front wing was scratched a bit and when looking more closely there were two cracks, which increased when bending the tip with just finger pressure! The other tip didn't have no scratches whatsoever, but when I pushed with my thumb nail, the very end of the tip and trailing edge of the tip was soft! and the finger nail basically cracked the area!

I remember someone mentioning that the Blue wings are softer compared to G10 (Black & white version), but how can a finished product be this soft?

What would be the best way to repair the tips and prevent the cracks when handling the foil? Should I just laminate one layer of fiber at the end of the tips?

Macisback
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kahuna Surf House, Kiti, Larnaca
Favorite Beaches: Kahuna Surf House, Les Dauphins, Soma Bay, Prasonissi, Boracay, Tarifa, Sotavento
Style: Airstyle, Hydrofoil, Wave
Gear: Naish, North & Zeeko Kites, Flysurfer and RL Boards, Zeeko and Iero Hydrofoils
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Zeeko Blue & White: very fragile front wing, anyone else? How to fix my new wing?

Postby Macisback » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:14 pm

Hm, I just spray painted the wing. All good now.

paulOz
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Weight: 85kg
Local Beach: Hampton and Brighton, Victoria Australia.
Style: HF WW in order of preference.
Gear: KBHF - Jshapes (wonderful)
OR flites

Re: Zeeko Blue & White: very fragile front wing, anyone else? How to fix my new wing?

Postby paulOz » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:35 pm

Hi,

I would have thought, and do suggest, the first action would be to contact Zeeko and ask for them for input and advise.

I would anticipate, at least, the best advise on repair, and at most, well, just imagine.

Cheers

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant

Postby plummet » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:51 am

photo's?
impact damage?

fpvSB
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Leadbetter, Santa Barbara
Style: Nasty
Gear: LiquidForce, Zeeko

Postby fpvSB » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:29 am

I repaired mine.

EDIT: I have been in contact with Zeeko, and am now going to be receiving the products I asked for.
Last edited by fpvSB on Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

andre_oner
Rare Poster
Gear: Notus & Foil Series
Brand Affiliation: zeeko kites - international sales

Postby andre_oner » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:59 pm

fpvSB wrote:. If anyone with Zeeko wants to help me, I'm all for it, and I will give all evidence needed to support this 'claim'...
please send me an email at andre@zeeko-kites.com

thanks!

andre_oner
Rare Poster
Gear: Notus & Foil Series
Brand Affiliation: zeeko kites - international sales

Postby andre_oner » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:02 pm

omg wrote:Hi,

I noticed that the very end of the tip of the front wing was scratched a bit and when looking more closely there were two cracks, which increased when bending the tip with just finger pressure! The other tip didn't have no scratches whatsoever, but when I pushed with my thumb nail, the very end of the tip and trailing edge of the tip was soft! and the finger nail basically cracked the area!

I remember someone mentioning that the Blue wings are softer compared to G10 (Black & white version), but how can a finished product be this soft?

What would be the best way to repair the tips and prevent the cracks when handling the foil? Should I just laminate one layer of fiber at the end of the tips?
Hello,
did you touch the bottom with your wings ?
please send me pictures of both wings (both sides up and down)at andre@zeeko-kites.com

peace!

KitesurferRO
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: worldwide

Postby KitesurferRO » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:44 pm

@ fpvSB
Apologies for the delay, the fins you have requested were in back order. Would have been nice to send me an e-mail reminder prior to these messages.
I will send you a quote for the Zeeko Air pocket board fins, please reply to my e-mail regarding the shipping address.
Thank you.

Best
Eugene

3InletsWindsports
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Shallow Inlet, Corner Inlet, Andersons inlet.
Favorite Beaches: Shallow Inlet, Point Danger.
Style: freeride
Gear: Zeeko
Brand Affiliation: Zeeko importer in Australia

Postby 3InletsWindsports » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:46 pm

Between Andre and Eugene this should all be sorted it seems.

But for all foils with Anhedral front wings, please note that when the foil is either placed in standing position or touches ground. It is the tips taking the load. Which is food for thought for both users and designers.

Return to “Hydrofoil”