Gurval wrote: ↑
Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:28 am
I never found video of surffoiling or supfoiling with a monofoil.
I ride my singlewing foil with kite, wing, wave…I never go back to a classic foil
Hi Gurwal, thank you for your video,
I think you have the first video surffoiling with a mono
, but would be interested myself to see further, as myself just doesn't have usable spots close.
But seeing you riding to me means, that there are just two foiling sports left requiring stabis:
- Windfoiling (even if Phil from Horue has shown that it works, my impression is that balance system together with the sail could require stabis also in the future)
- race kitefoiling (no speeds significant above 40 km/h seen and hard to think about going 50 or more on a mono)
- that's it, if not beginner, windfoiler or racer: GO MONO
ghradil wrote: ↑
Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:28 pm
... I designed the Delta Cozumel and Delta Mono wing specifically for use without a stabilizer. They have much greater pitch stability than conventional wing designs. They also work very well with a stabilizer and most customers are using them that way. ...
Thank You for the info George,
the "Cozumel" with a 90 cm strut sounds very interesting, just wondering about the weights you are giving: 2 kg even with a 60 cm strut sounds very light, or is it just the airplane, or 2,4 kg ? Also the gab between 900 cm² and 1500 cm² sounds wide, so have you plans for something inbetween?
As we slowly start to have the first serial products I start thinking about a test in the next month / in spring:
Focus to entrance kite mono foils, so about 850 - 1400 cm²
- We have quite some monofoilers at our spots of every level of experience and weight
- Already many known and converted monos available of different price range: levitaz, moses, duotone, gong ...
- would try to get the first serial monos: DELTA and KETOS
Categories could be:
- easiness of converting to mono
- usability /easiness of riding
- speed range
- pumpability / surfacing / drifting / jumping
@George will contact you when I come closer with planning.