Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Zeeko Spitfire Hydrofoil

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
kazi
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Zeeko Spitfire Hydrofoil

Postby kazi » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:00 pm

How do I order the Spitfire with both wing sets from the US? It does not appear to have an option on Zeeko's website.

jespin4845
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Worth, FL
Jupiter, FL
Style: Freeride/surf
Gear: kites and boards

Postby jespin4845 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:18 pm

états unis is French for United States

then the individual states pop up and the zip, have had stuff shipped her before, shipping use to be cheaper though, its gone to crap now

kazi
Medium Poster

Postby kazi » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:40 pm

Awesome! Thanks Jespin

tswierkocki
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Style: Hydrofoil, Surf, Freeriding
Gear: 3m, 4m, 5m, 8m Flysurfer Peak 4 kites
7m, 10m Cabrinha Apollo kites
Cloud F28 surf foil
107cm Kanaha pocket board for kite foiling
4’8” Stretch Trow surfboard
133 Axis Vanguard twintip

Postby tswierkocki » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:00 pm

Hi Kazi,

You can also order Zeeko gear in the US from Eugene at http://www.kitesurferstore.com. I have had good experiences buying Zeeko foils and boards from his store.

bigtone667
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Local Beach: Birdie Beach, Budgewoi Beach, Lakes Beach
Favorite Beaches: Umina Beach, Birdies Beach, Lake Munmorah, Canton, The Swamp, Le Morne
Style: surf, foiling, jumping, lawn mowing
Gear: Kites: BRM Cloud D's, Duotone Rebels, Peaks
Wings: Cloud W1 2,3,4,5, Duotone DLAB Unit 4.5/5.5/6.5
Boards: Bit of everything
Foils: AXIS and Triton Foils

Postby bigtone667 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:08 am

Will we be able to buy just the XLW wings only? And what will the price be?

Bletti
Frequent Poster
Gear: Slingshot Rally 10m
Been thanked: 0

Postby Bletti » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:24 pm

bigtone667 wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:08 am
When you click on the spitfire link on the zeeko page, there are the two options boxes for ordering. Click "XLW wings" in the first box, then "Wings set only" in the second box and you can order it online. SInce you're in Australia you can probably contact 3 Inlet Windsports' facebook page and order directly from him. For me shipping to Canada it's 374 euros plus 60 euros for shipping (the carver wings are 242 euros plus 27 euro shipping, and 2 carver wings plus another rear wing is still only 27 euro shipping).

Frankly I'm a little disappointed by the pricing of xlw wing only as I expected it to be inline with the carver wing or perhaps a slight premium for also including the front wing too. I'm 50/50 at this point whether to get a stringyfoil (hell, I might even get Jim to make me a canard optimized larger configuration while I'm at it) instead of the xlw to mount to my zeeko mast as it will be less expensive and I'll be in hood river in a couple weeks anyways. It's painful on the wallet when I can see the awesome deal that people outside Europe ordering pay - a new complete spitfire with standard wings is 832.50 euros or standard and xlw wings is 965.83 (w/ free shipping too), so they only pay 133 euros extra for the xlw wings compared with 434 euros for me (3.3 times the price!). I was eagerly waiting for the xlw wings but might hold off for now or perhaps build my own if I don't get a stringyfoil wingset and fuselage.

I really want to give the xlw wings a go as I love my spitfire (was on the water 4 hours in Penticton yesterday!) but for the price I might as well order a complete second foil instead.

gridlok
Rare Poster
Style: Freeride, big air and tricks
Gear: Flysurfer only
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby gridlok » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:26 pm

I've been riding the spitfire for almost a year now. I've been so inspired by this hydrofoil I wrote a 2200 word review on my blog. If you're on the fence about buying one, I'd say do it. Be prepared to not want to ride any of your other boards again once you start on the spitfire. The feeling you get when riding it is just hard to convey in words.

Addicting as hell.

https://awaken-spirit.org/2017/07/13/pr ... il-review/

Check it out.

borist
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

Postby borist » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:12 am

Bletti wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:24 pm
Frankly I'm a little disappointed by the pricing of xlw wing only ................
I really want to give the xlw wings a go as I love my spitfire (was on the water 4 hours in Penticton yesterday!) but for the price I might as well order a complete second foil instead.
Same here. Actually I was quoted $100 for shipping to US. I'm on the fence for now.

bigtone667
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Local Beach: Birdie Beach, Budgewoi Beach, Lakes Beach
Favorite Beaches: Umina Beach, Birdies Beach, Lake Munmorah, Canton, The Swamp, Le Morne
Style: surf, foiling, jumping, lawn mowing
Gear: Kites: BRM Cloud D's, Duotone Rebels, Peaks
Wings: Cloud W1 2,3,4,5, Duotone DLAB Unit 4.5/5.5/6.5
Boards: Bit of everything
Foils: AXIS and Triton Foils

Postby bigtone667 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:36 am

Bletti wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:24 pm
bigtone667 wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:08 am
When you click on the spitfire link on the zeeko page, there are the two options boxes for ordering. Click "XLW wings" in the first box, then "Wings set only" in the second box and you can order it online. SInce you're in Australia you can probably contact 3 Inlet Windsports' facebook page and order directly from him. For me shipping to Canada it's 374 euros plus 60 euros for shipping (the carver wings are 242 euros plus 27 euro shipping, and 2 carver wings plus another rear wing is still only 27 euro shipping).

Frankly I'm a little disappointed by the pricing of xlw wing only as I expected it to be inline with the carver wing or perhaps a slight premium for also including the front wing too. I'm 50/50 at this point whether to get a stringyfoil (hell, I might even get Jim to make me a canard optimized larger configuration while I'm at it) instead of the xlw to mount to my zeeko mast as it will be less expensive and I'll be in hood river in a couple weeks anyways. It's painful on the wallet when I can see the awesome deal that people outside Europe ordering pay - a new complete spitfire with standard wings is 832.50 euros or standard and xlw wings is 965.83 (w/ free shipping too), so they only pay 133 euros extra for the xlw wings compared with 434 euros for me (3.3 times the price!). I was eagerly waiting for the xlw wings but might hold off for now or perhaps build my own if I don't get a stringyfoil wingset and fuselage.

Thanks for the information, would not have found the the "XLW Wings Only Option". I have made the investment.

slowboat
Very Frequent Poster
Style: wave foiling
Gear: This and that

Postby slowboat » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:13 pm

The Zeeko promotional material states that during falls the Spitfire "never tends to fly away". As anyone noticed this difference from non-canard foils? And are you less likely to have it hit you if you fall forward of it?

Return to “Hydrofoil”