Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Storm voyager 4

Postby Peter_Frank » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:21 pm

jaros wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:21 pm
Nice review Peter!
Can you do a "diagonale opposite line relaunch technic" with a high Y split lines? I find this the best technic to rise a kite from water in really light wind.
Greetings!

Thanks, but sorry, no, havent had it in the water, and most likely rarely will, as it hangs better than even racefoilkites it seems (but the Cloud is even lighter, true), eventhough not the same power as these of course.

On land I always reverse launch in marginal wind, or walk it on its back and pull the lower rearline, also the Voyager this day, and with other kites a bit more wind reverse launch too on the water as no kite can launch from the side when hydrofoiling (unless when windy) anyways.
Problem is small waves can suck the LE down so impossible quite often, and here the diagonal trick should work better as you might be able to pull the kite up on the frontlines when twerked around before it semisinks :D

But my experience is often that it dont work even when doing so the few times I had the chance, meaning I drift ashore instead and launch kite on land or beach standing in low water instead.

Cant help you here, too little experience and using these kites in too low wind for relaunch anyways, sorry...

8) PF

jaros
Very Frequent Poster

Postby jaros » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:00 pm

Well, I have a Voyager 2 generation, strutless. And the opposite line technic is what I find best in marginal winds. It works in very little wind, even when trying to reverse does nothing. So I was just wondering, if that can be done on a high Y bar since I never used one. All my bars are "V" - two front lines just above the depower line.
Greetings.

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:57 pm

jaros wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:00 pm
Well, I have a Voyager 2 generation, strutless. And the opposite line technic is what I find best in marginal winds. It works in very little wind, even when trying to reverse does nothing. So I was just wondering, if that can be done on a high Y bar since I never used one. All my bars are "V" - two front lines just above the depower line.
Greetings.

Well, it can be done using the safety line which goes to one frontline yes - but you can only do it to one side of course.

I hardly never do this, for several reasons.
In fact I have removed my safety line on two of my lightwind hydrofoil bars, easier simpler lighter and cleaner :thumb:

So yes it can be done with a high Y using the safety line, but not as simple and to both sides like a V bar nope.

I have ridden the V2 in 12 and 15 a good amount of sessions two years ago, but would be lying if I said I could compare with the new "4" so long time apart, so I cant do that.

Those 4 I know having the V2 or 3 love them, only one guy trying one did not like it when powered in the high end - he would prefer a strutted or multistrutted kite because he want to be able to ride in changing winds, on cost of lightweight...

You can not get it all :wink:

8) PF

FrederikS
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

Postby FrederikS » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:09 am

If you use a low V bar you just grab whatever front line you want and the opposite back line super easy. Both the 9 and 12 water restart well. The 12 can be tricky in super low winds, but that is the same for all kites.

nothing2seehere
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 72
Local Beach: Calshot, Hayling, Meon - Southcoast UK
Gear: Duotone Rebel, Evo SLS, Flysurfer Soul/Peak, Ocean rodeo jester, Airush Ultra, shinn boards

Postby nothing2seehere » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:52 am

jaros wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:00 pm
Greetings.
Using my north bars, you can sort of do the the front line pull by pulling the safety line. This line runs up to one of the front bridles. You just have to make sure you know which opposite backline to pull as you can only use it in one direction.

Return to “Hydrofoil”