A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
- Very Frequent Poster
- Posts: 1614
- Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2003 8:48 am
- Kiting since: 1999
- Local Beach: .
- Style: Strapless surf and foil
- Gear: F-One & Aeros kites/ HB surf/ Taaroa foil/ Manera
airsail wrote: ↑
Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:33 am
The J Shapes look great but with the inability to attach to a low volume board makes it a deal breaker. Maybe they will develop a plate mount in the future.
Don't know the J Shapes foil but any foil with a Tuttle or KF box can be mounted onto a thin board using an external mounting plate. Manta foils, Ketos, Alpine foil, F-one and I am sure many others make them. This has also the advantage of being able to pack your mast flatter for transport than with a fixed plate mount.
- Medium Poster
- Posts: 181
- Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:57 am
- Kiting since: 2006
- Local Beach: Queens
- Favorite Beaches: Queens, Scarbs
- Style: Freestyle
- Gear: Bularoo 7, Yaga Pro 11, HP10&12, FS Psycho2 17,
Cardboard 136x46, Nobile 555 131x40
- Brand Affiliation: None
Yep, I see the adapters are available, but then your again mixing alloy with carbon and your back to disassembling and cleaning regularly.
Return to “Hydrofoil”