PF has a great contribution to this forum and from this to the HF scene in general.
You are quite a fella. Wrong side of the bed? dropped on your head as a kid? Bullied in the school yard?grigorib wrote: ↑Sun May 06, 2018 5:51 amSomewhat disconnected thoughts
- Nice sales pitch
- I'd say "if I have to have only one board, this one would be my last pick probably"
- "easy to travel with". Really? 150x55cm won't fit into most golf bags. There are Door twintips smaller than this board
- "walked down the local beach" - because it didn't fit into car, right?
- on the "transition photo" what is that fat trail on water looking like you touched down. I'm sure you can ride better to not touching down. Wrong wings choice?
- "catamaran bottom"? Is it for folks who foil, like foil actually above water or it has advanced shaping for those who can't foil but kinda buy foil so they feel "cool"
- you "paid for this"? Because of museum value or in hope they won't be able to make another one like that?
- "not a race board" but let's sand it and give it a race board look and feel. I know some people can't get their hearts away from formula raceboards but I'm sure a board like that will get you any chick born before 1947. Sexy grandmotherf*@#er it is!
- them foil manufacturers have invented LW wings already which you can ride with a skateboard deck. Rather than paying for a horror like this it might be cheaper to get proper wings to ride in LW
- that feeling of pushing a clear tradition pad with your bare knees - priceless. Not as sharp as Majha lines but yet another reason not to come near it
- amount of material and budget is probably equivalent to consumption of minor island nation GDP. Almost as cool, economical and making sense as a 19m LEI kite but not quite so.
- overall it's not as cool as a windsurf board and as timely product as a "C" kite. Thumbs up (the @ss?)
Dude, really. Manufacturers realized already they've been wrong pushing too much race gear and completely missing out on freeride market share and they're molding large wings like crazy now. Foiling is about to replace twintips as it did replace formula board nightmare and kids are going to want to ride like Fred Hope and Greg Drexler. And they're going to want sexy, compact products, not catamaran-sized decks (or titties)
Pleasantries started with Peter’s reply to my suggestion of a large wing set
I kind of don’t like my opinion being called “pure bullshit” and in a few sarcastic words I tried to point out that hydrofoiling is about flying, not about using the deck as a door board.Peter_Frank wrote: ↑Sat May 05, 2018 10:53 pm...
See this thread for one option at least: viewtopic.php?f=196&t=2399509
The board is way more important than the wing
Dont believe in those saying it does not matter, and it is only the wing that matters, as this is pure bullshit, honestly, it does NOT work like that...
Ciao from Peter
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests