Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Moses 2019

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
maximlg253
Rare Poster
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:29 am
Kiting since: 34
Gear: Cabrinha Switchblades, Zeeko hydrofoil
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: Moses 2019

Postby maximlg253 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:33 pm

Ok, so I ordered Vorace 101FR 590/330 as cruising/jumping setup and separately 683/483 on 710 fuse as freeride setup. And T38 board. With my weight approaching 100kg the package should be great. Very excited.
Last edited by maximlg253 on Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

grigorib
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1752
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:12 pm
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: OBX; Clinton Lake, IL; Lake Michigan; Tawas, MI; SPI; La Ventana
Gear: Kites: Slingshot Rally 5/7/9/11m, Slingshot Turbine 9m, Flysurfer Speed4 10m standard, Peter Lynn Venom II ARC 16m
Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, Slingshot/Moses 80/91/105cm masts 590/683s/633 wings, Tim's 36" "woody", Slingshot Micro 3'6", MBS Comp 95x

For sale: Slingshot SST 5m 2018 $500, Slingshot SST 6m 2018 $600, Slingshot SST 10m 2017 $500, Core XR4 10m $840, Core XR4 13.5m $970, Core XR4 17m $1060, Slingshot Turbine 5m 2017 like new $450, Slingshot Turbine 15m 2018 like new $1100, BROkite carbon board 140x44 like new complete $650, Slingshot Rally 6m 2017 like new $530, Slingshot Guardian 20" brand new $290
.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 56 times
Been thanked: 91 times

Re: Moses 2019

Postby grigorib » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:39 pm

maximlg253 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:33 pm
Ok, so I ordered Vorace 101FR 590/330 as cruising/jumping setup and separately 683/483 on 710 fuse as freeride setup. And T38 board. With my approaching 100kg the package should be great. Very excited.
make sure that you have 683s on that order, not 683 (which is incompatible with surf fuselage). The dealers would know better but if you ordered online it's easy to make the mistake.

maximlg253
Rare Poster
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:29 am
Kiting since: 34
Gear: Cabrinha Switchblades, Zeeko hydrofoil
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: Moses 2019

Postby maximlg253 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:50 pm

grigorib wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:39 pm
maximlg253 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:33 pm
Ok, so I ordered Vorace 101FR 590/330 as cruising/jumping setup and separately 683/483 on 710 fuse as freeride setup. And T38 board. With my approaching 100kg the package should be great. Very excited.
make sure that you have 683s on that order, not 683 (which is incompatible with surf fuselage). The dealers would know better but if you ordered online it's easy to make the mistake.
Yes it is S version.

User avatar
Leo de Castro
Rare Poster
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:22 pm
Kiting since: 2003
Local Beach: Cauipe
Favorite Beaches: Taiba & Paracuru.
Style: KiteWave
Gear: Slingshot RPM
Brand Affiliation: https://www.akcaucaia.com/
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Moses 2019

Postby Leo de Castro » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:59 am

thanks all
today even with a bad weather i had a great day to try the moses hidrofoil.
gush i'm love foil!

Image

I love my Slingshoot. " just in the head of the wind "

Image

THAKS MOSES CREW! ALOHA!

oregonkiter
Medium Poster
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:26 pm
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Hood River
Style: foil
Gear: Slingshot 633/590/DC36/SST
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Moses 2019

Postby oregonkiter » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:28 am

Your rear wing is mounted backwards

User avatar
Leo de Castro
Rare Poster
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:22 pm
Kiting since: 2003
Local Beach: Cauipe
Favorite Beaches: Taiba & Paracuru.
Style: KiteWave
Gear: Slingshot RPM
Brand Affiliation: https://www.akcaucaia.com/
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Moses 2019

Postby Leo de Castro » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:11 am

oregonkiter wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:28 am
Your rear wing is mounted backwards
I cute.. bad think for the nek!]

User avatar
DukeSilver
Medium Poster
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:43 pm
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: Pelican Point Western Australia
Favorite Beaches: Graveyards
Style: Hydrofoil, Strapless Surfboard
Gear: Ozone Reo, Ozone Hyperlink, Slingshot foil board, Cabrinha Skillit
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Moses 2019

Postby DukeSilver » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:05 am

Leo de Castro wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:59 am
thanks all
today even with a bad weather i had a great day to try the moses hidrofoil.
gush i'm love foil!

Image

I love my Slingshoot. " just in the head of the wind "

Image

THAKS MOSES CREW! ALOHA!
You think you love the foil now? Just wait till the stabiliser is mounted the correct way - facing forward :o :o :lol: .

derek440
Rare Poster
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:47 am
Kiting since: 2005
Local Beach: Perth
Favorite Beaches: Coogee
Style: Frothing the foils
Gear: Surf kites, strapless surfboards, foil gear, foil kites
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Moses 2019

Postby derek440 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:24 am

I tried out a 633/483 and loved it, I just would like to go a bit faster for learning tacks and gybes, also I was waaaay forward on my strapless board and in a position where my other boards I wlll be too far forward to use even front footstrap holes without massive front foot pressure. So I bought a 683/483, borrowed a 749 fuse and bought a foilmount slingshot/moses adapter as I already have a hoverglide. I mounted on the 90cm SS mast and rode it and it was great but again feet waaay too far forward. I ordered a stringy 743 fuse and it arrived this week, have mounted and it looks like is definitely going to move my feet back to the right position for my boards. If it doesn't I might start playing with stab shims, seems I'd need some under the back bolt of stab to bring feet back, I could also put new holes in the SS mast plate to move the whole rig back an inch if necessary. Anyway am just waiting for wind to try it out today but hopefully its properly balanced. Will post some pics of the old and new, in the new pic you can see the mast is way closer to the front wing which is good news. btw Cumbuco is awesome and a great place for a 633!
Attachments
IMG_5341.PNG
IMG_5341.PNG (1.03 MiB) Viewed 357 times
IMG_5325.jpg
IMG_5325.jpg (88.61 KiB) Viewed 357 times

alowishus
Rare Poster
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:38 pm
Kiting since: 14
Gear: ozone airush slingshot
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: Moses 2019

Postby alowishus » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:29 am

derek440 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:24 am
I tried out a 633/483 and loved it, I just would like to go a bit faster for learning tacks and gybes, also I was waaaay forward on my strapless board and in a position where my other boards I wlll be too far forward to use even front footstrap holes without massive front foot pressure. So I bought a 683/483, borrowed a 749 fuse and bought a foilmount slingshot/moses adapter as I already have a hoverglide. I mounted on the 90cm SS mast and rode it and it was great but again feet waaay too far forward. I ordered a stringy 743 fuse and it arrived this week, have mounted and it looks like is definitely going to move my feet back to the right position for my boards. If it doesn't I might start playing with stab shims, seems I'd need some under the back bolt of stab to bring feet back, I could also put new holes in the SS mast plate to move the whole rig back an inch if necessary. Anyway am just waiting for wind to try it out today but hopefully its properly balanced. Will post some pics of the old and new, in the new pic you can see the mast is way closer to the front wing which is good news. btw Cumbuco is awesome and a great place for a 633!
I got the foilmount adapter as well. The alternative “Stringy” adapter though looks like it moves the mast more towards the front wing since the bolt holes are in between and in front of the Moses fuse holes, rather than in between and behind the fuse holes in the case of the foilmount adapter... if that makes sense...
Stringy adapter pictured here:
Image
Attachments
0A7169C0-6B21-48B3-8A19-B867F6B24084.jpeg
0A7169C0-6B21-48B3-8A19-B867F6B24084.jpeg (252.9 KiB) Viewed 266 times

derek440
Rare Poster
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:47 am
Kiting since: 2005
Local Beach: Perth
Favorite Beaches: Coogee
Style: Frothing the foils
Gear: Surf kites, strapless surfboards, foil gear, foil kites
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Moses 2019

Postby derek440 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:48 am

yeah seeing as how the moses mast has rake and the slighshot mast does not you really want the adapter to be moving the wings aft (like the stringy one) rather than moving the wings forward like the foilmount one. Either way if you get a stringy fuse the problem is solved by moving the mast further forward/moving the wings further back (looks like its also fixed on alu-moses which has mast near front wing). I test rode mine today and with the stringy fuse my feet were way back where the proper footstrap holes are on my board are rather than way forward near the nose (almost off the deck pad) with the 749 fuse. Problem solved. And btw the foil is freakin amazing, I clocked over 28km on it today and top speed around 20kn in pretty crappy wind, am very happy with the stringy fuse and 683s, its a winning combo. So smooth and fast and stable, its high quality kit, makes all the other gear I have tried so far seem like wobbly plastic crap
These users thanked the author derek440 for the post:
alowishus (Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:52 am)
Rating: 10%


Return to “Hydrofoil”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BraCuru, Google [Bot] and 13 guests

cron