Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Moses 2019-2020-2021

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
grigorib
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2631
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:12 pm
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: OBX; Clinton Lake, IL; Lake Michigan; La Ventana; SPI; Hood River; Tawas, MI
Gear: Kites: Slingshot Rally 5/7/9/11m, Turbine 9m, SST 4/5/7m, UFO 9m, Flysurfer Speed4 10m standard, Peter Lynn Venom II ARC 16m

Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Flysurfer Radical6 138, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, Slingshot/Moses 80/82/91/101cm masts with 800/425 695/425 637/420 wingsets, 36" Woody, Slingshot Dwarfcraft Micro 3'6" 2019-2020, MBS Comp 95x

For sale: Moses 80cm alu mast $260
.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 219 times
Been thanked: 328 times

Re: Moses 2019

Postby grigorib » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:34 pm

90x165mm is a standard, hopefully brands can agree that following major standards is a good thing

Life’s too short for proprietary solutions

TomW
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 3523
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:43 pm
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Vejbystrand, Lomma
Gear: TW Surfboards hydrofoil board 110
Gong Veloce M, 100cm carbon mast
Ozone Hyperlink V1 7m
Hyperlink V2 9m, 13m
Concept Air Wave 4,5m
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Sweden
Has thanked: 46 times
Been thanked: 168 times

Re: Moses 2019

Postby TomW » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:53 pm

T38 mast attachment is a disappointment. They should have either used tracks or used BigHead type integrated inserts with 3 positions 50mm between them. What they did is reliable, light and inexpensive to manufacture- but not very compatible.

Foil
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1199
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:44 pm
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: NewBrighton beach-Derby pool end,Wallasey, near Liverpool for 6 months in summer
Flag beach on fuerteventura for 6 months in winter.
Favorite Beaches: Flag beach fuerteventura, off season/6months
Home - NewBrighton,Rhosneigr, Ainsdale, Fleetwood, Newbrough
Style: improving foiler.
Gear: Groove Skate 120,carbon 2020 edition
101cm + 82cm Moses Carbon masts
Moses- 633/483 on a 701 fuse
Moses- 720 balz pro/425 on longer 739 fuse
Ozone Hyperlink V1 ultra light 5mtr
Ozone V2 Hyperlink 7mtr + 9mtr
Ozone Chrono V3 UL foil kite 11mtr
Ozone compact V4 bars,click in,23 mtr lines
duotone click bar 2020
massive grin
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 94 times
Been thanked: 217 times

Re: Moses 2019

Postby Foil » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:16 am

TomW wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:53 pm
T38 mast attachment is a disappointment. They should have either used tracks or used BigHead type integrated inserts with 3 positions 50mm between them. What they did is reliable, light and inexpensive to manufacture- but not very compatible.
I agree, I thought it was just me thinking that was a bad move,that will turn some people off as this is a board Moses uses will generally trade up to, tracks have to be the best fully tune-able most user friendly and strongest solution to mounting a mast, big step forward changing to it on the T38 Ltd, now one step back putting only 2 hole position options on the standard red production T38, and its not cheap!

tkaraszewski
Frequent Poster
Posts: 448
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:03 pm
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Hood River
Style: Hydrofoil
Gear: Flysurfer/Mikes Lab kite, Ozone/Moses wing
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 111 times

Re: Moses 2019

Postby tkaraszewski » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:16 pm

Foil wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:16 am
TomW wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:53 pm
T38 mast attachment is a disappointment. They should have either used tracks or used BigHead type integrated inserts with 3 positions 50mm between them. What they did is reliable, light and inexpensive to manufacture- but not very compatible.
I agree, I thought it was just me thinking that was a bad move,that will turn some people off as this is a board Moses uses will generally trade up to, tracks have to be the best fully tune-able most user friendly and strongest solution to mounting a mast, big step forward changing to it on the T38 Ltd, now one step back putting only 2 hole position options on the standard red production T38, and its not cheap!
When I saw the new red one, I found a T38 LTD with tracks to order before they're sold out. Maybe they'll make more, but I didn't want to risk not being able to get one with tracks so I bought the only one I knew of that was available in the US.

ap888
Frequent Poster
Posts: 284
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:24 am
Local Beach: Zion/K peir/Inver/Goderich
Favorite Beaches: Good wind/Flat water/Good waves
Style: Foil/Loops/Big Air/Strapless
Gear: Ozone Uno V2 4m
North Neo (17) 5m
Cabrinha Drifter (16) 8m
Flysurfer Sonic 2 -11m
Moses
BWS Stallion 5’
CrazyFly Shox Custom 135
Groove Skate
Ride Engine
Brand Affiliation: HFL
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: Moses 2019

Postby ap888 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:50 pm

Also massive advantages on tracks strip a t nut just put in new one...if the insert is in the board umm...now what

oregonkiter
Medium Poster
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:26 pm
Style: foil
Gear: Foil stuff
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: Moses 2019

Postby oregonkiter » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:34 am

Doubt I will ever buy a board without tracks. Too limiting.

slowboat
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 738
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:55 pm
Style: wave foiling
Gear: This and that
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 93 times
Been thanked: 97 times

Re: Moses 2019

Postby slowboat » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:41 am

oregonkiter wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:34 am
Doubt I will ever buy a board without tracks. Too limiting.
Not limiting if riding strapless

TomW
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 3523
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:43 pm
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Vejbystrand, Lomma
Gear: TW Surfboards hydrofoil board 110
Gong Veloce M, 100cm carbon mast
Ozone Hyperlink V1 7m
Hyperlink V2 9m, 13m
Concept Air Wave 4,5m
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Sweden
Has thanked: 46 times
Been thanked: 168 times

Re: Moses 2019

Postby TomW » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:57 pm

slowboat wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:41 am
oregonkiter wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:34 am
Doubt I will ever buy a board without tracks. Too limiting.
Not limiting if riding strapless
True.
agree on the stripped t-nut thing too.

But those tracks are not inherently the strongest solution. They are heavy too.

ap888
Frequent Poster
Posts: 284
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:24 am
Local Beach: Zion/K peir/Inver/Goderich
Favorite Beaches: Good wind/Flat water/Good waves
Style: Foil/Loops/Big Air/Strapless
Gear: Ozone Uno V2 4m
North Neo (17) 5m
Cabrinha Drifter (16) 8m
Flysurfer Sonic 2 -11m
Moses
BWS Stallion 5’
CrazyFly Shox Custom 135
Groove Skate
Ride Engine
Brand Affiliation: HFL
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: Moses 2019

Postby ap888 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:29 pm

Oh ahh new items dropping :o :baby:
Attachments
700C9D01-85D2-4671-A213-8F5CC10AD619.png

tmcfarla
Frequent Poster
Posts: 389
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:35 am
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: Moses 2019

Postby tmcfarla » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:35 pm

oregonkiter wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:34 am
Doubt I will ever buy a board without tracks. Too limiting.
I borrowed a board with tracks once and found it took a lot longer to attach foil. Not that big a deal, but annoying. My preference would be multiple sets of inserts.

A single set of inserts on a production board is pretty lame though.


Return to “Hydrofoil”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests