live2play wrote: ↑
Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:06 pm
cwood wrote: ↑
Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:12 pm
My Havok wing and stab are mounted and will give them a try today! They look great!
They feel much more solid so I suspect less foam core and stronger.
Did you get a chance to try out the new Havok wings?
I did, one session in quite wavy conditions. Started with them at the same mast position as 637, came in 3 times to adjust mast forward in 1/4 inch increments and ended up an inch ahead. May go further as I like a bit more up bias. The differences are subtle but I would say:
- More neutral in general. (the 637 I find gets harder to keep in the water at upper end....speed and lift outrun the stab somewhat). It would seem that the larger stab is better balanced with the wing.
- More graceful recovery from ventilation
- Seems to fly a bit earlier but I have not tested the low end much yet
- Overall just more predictable behavior and more stable
- I think on average, a bit faster based on gps data and how many times I touched 40kph.
- Maneuverability seems about same, maybe a little less responsive on carves.
- Boosting performance was good. Had me a 50 ft session first time out
More sessions needed.