Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Moses 2019-2020-2021

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
oregonkiter
Frequent Poster
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:26 pm
Style: foil
Gear: Foil stuff
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 52 times

Re: Moses 2019-2020

Postby oregonkiter » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:34 am

I'm really liking the 483/450 combo. Did not shim 450. Just did plugnplay. With this setup if there is less low end vs 633 I sure don't notice it.

cwood
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 705
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:28 pm
Local Beach: Southern Ontario
Gear: Flysurfer
Moses Hydrofoil
Brand Affiliation: Moses, Flysurfer
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 70 times

Re: Moses 2019-2020

Postby cwood » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:10 pm

Did Moses fix the fuse for the 633 to make it more compatible with kiteboards and weight distribution. The first gen one I had created issues with not begin able to get weight far enough forward.

grigorib
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2785
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:12 pm
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: OBX; Clinton Lake, IL; Lake Michigan; La Ventana; SPI; Hood River; Tawas, MI
Gear: Kites: Slingshot Rally 5/7/9/11m, Turbine 9m, SST 4/5/7m, UFO 5/7/9m, Flysurfer Speed4 10m standard, Peter Lynn Venom II ARC 16m

Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Flysurfer Radical6 138, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, Slingshot/Moses 80/91/101cm masts with 800/425 695/425 637/420 1000/421 wingsets, 36" Woody, Slingshot Dwarfcraft Micro 3'6" 2019-2020, MBS Comp 95x

For sale: Moses 80cm alu mast $260
.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 239 times
Been thanked: 348 times

Re: Moses 2019-2020

Postby grigorib » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:15 pm

First generation of 633 was heavier. There was no geometry change and even switching from 749 to 710 fuselage didn't have any effect on weight distribution of the rider. Using 450 stabilizer, in my experience moved weight even further forward.

Eventually I have two positions on the board for mast placement - one for kite wings setup, another for surf wings. Not an issue but paon for those with static placement

cwood
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 705
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:28 pm
Local Beach: Southern Ontario
Gear: Flysurfer
Moses Hydrofoil
Brand Affiliation: Moses, Flysurfer
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 70 times

Re: Moses 2019-2020

Postby cwood » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:21 pm

grigorib wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:15 pm
First generation of 633 was heavier. There was no geometry change and even switching from 749 to 710 fuselage didn't have any effect on weight distribution of the rider. Using 450 stabilizer, in my experience moved weight even further forward.

Eventually I have two positions on the board for mast placement - one for kite wings setup, another for surf wings. Not an issue but paon for those with static placement
I had 483 and needed to shim the mast to fuse to get it balanced (even having tracks on the board to mast mount). Ended up selling it because it seemed kludgy.

dave1986
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 544
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 3:25 am
Gear: .
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 77 times
Been thanked: 76 times

Re: Moses 2019-2020

Postby dave1986 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:29 pm

cwood wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:10 pm
Did Moses fix the fuse for the 633 to make it more compatible with kiteboards and weight distribution. The first gen one I had created issues with not begin able to get weight far enough forward.
It's only an issue if you have a board with fixed mast mounting position. If your board has rails like most do nowadays then you just mount the mast towards the tail.
Alternatively you can buy a shim for the rear stabilizer which fixes the issue. SK Shapes sell them here : https://www.skshapes.com/shop/accessoires/
And I think FamousFrank.de too

cwood
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 705
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:28 pm
Local Beach: Southern Ontario
Gear: Flysurfer
Moses Hydrofoil
Brand Affiliation: Moses, Flysurfer
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 70 times

Re: Moses 2019-2020

Postby cwood » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:32 pm

dave1986 wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:29 pm
cwood wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:10 pm
Did Moses fix the fuse for the 633 to make it more compatible with kiteboards and weight distribution. The first gen one I had created issues with not begin able to get weight far enough forward.
It's only an issue if you have a board with fixed mast mounting position. If your board has rails like most do nowadays then you just mount the mast towards the tail.
Alternatively you can buy a shim for the rear stabilizer which fixes the issue. SK Shapes sell them here : https://www.skshapes.com/shop/accessoires/
And I think FamousFrank.de too
ya, have tracks, still not enough to go without a shim. The stab shim results in a less smooth ride in my opinion because you are flying without neutral trim.

Foil
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1252
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:44 pm
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: New Brighton- nr Liverpool. Open sea with big low tide lagoon
Favorite Beaches: New Brighton, Rhosneigr, Fleetwood, Newbrough
lake Como (Italy)
Style: improving kite foiler since 2017
Gear: Groove Skates 110 and 120 custom graphics and volume 2021 editions
101cm + 91cm Moses Carbon masts
Moses- 633/483 on a 701 fuse
Moses- 718 /421 on the smaller lighter kite fuse
Ozone Hyperlink V1 ultra light 5mtr
Ozone V2 Hyperlink 7mtr + 9mtr
Ozone Chrono V4 foil kite 11mtr, red
duotone click bar 2020, custom lines
duotone 2021 click bar (waiting for delivery)
ION B3 seat harness, now waiting 7 months for delivery:o
massive grin
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 102 times
Been thanked: 246 times

Re: Moses 2019-2020

Postby Foil » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:17 pm

I have the new Moses 138 carbon black rail, it has tracks and works perfectly with the 633,
This is the new 138 not the Newind made edition or the red 138 with bolt holes,
In fact the strap positions, back strap holes go right to back and the mast track which is 12cm from the rearmost edge means there is a setting for everyone.

live2play
Medium Poster
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:44 pm
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Moses 2019-2020

Postby live2play » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:04 am

Foil wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:17 pm
I have the new Moses 138 carbon black rail, it has tracks and works perfectly with the 633,
This is the new 138 not the Newind made edition or the red 138 with bolt holes
Do you have pics and details on this board? Not much info on the Moses site.

Foil
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1252
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:44 pm
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: New Brighton- nr Liverpool. Open sea with big low tide lagoon
Favorite Beaches: New Brighton, Rhosneigr, Fleetwood, Newbrough
lake Como (Italy)
Style: improving kite foiler since 2017
Gear: Groove Skates 110 and 120 custom graphics and volume 2021 editions
101cm + 91cm Moses Carbon masts
Moses- 633/483 on a 701 fuse
Moses- 718 /421 on the smaller lighter kite fuse
Ozone Hyperlink V1 ultra light 5mtr
Ozone V2 Hyperlink 7mtr + 9mtr
Ozone Chrono V4 foil kite 11mtr, red
duotone click bar 2020, custom lines
duotone 2021 click bar (waiting for delivery)
ION B3 seat harness, now waiting 7 months for delivery:o
massive grin
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 102 times
Been thanked: 246 times

Re: Moses 2019-2020

Postby Foil » Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:01 pm

live2play wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:04 am
Foil wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:17 pm
I have the new Moses 138 carbon black rail,

Do you have pics and details on this board? Not much info on the Moses site.

Image
Image
Image

This T38 (128cm in length) is very different from the Newind made version of which I owned two
Much tougher construction, you can't press a dent into this one with your thumb, the tracks are longer and deeper, more strap holes, slightly heavier, but still light at 3.1kg no straps.
The earlier version of the Newind T38 was 2.78kg with straps, my #3 was silly thin and maybe too light(fragile maybe) however the later newind made 138 boards were made much thicker, my later #56 t38 was considerably thicker a tiny bit heavier but annoyingly prone to easily being visually spoiled with little dents.
This new version should stand the test of time much better I think, it still looks fantastic like the Newind version.edges are maybe a little "sharp" but in fact make carrying the board very easy, fitting the hand better.
and it fits the pocket better being quite a bit cheaper.
pictures only taken yesterday(wednesday), bet I was the only foiler on the water in the UK, as the weather was flipping horrible yet again! and will remain so for a few weeks yet.

grigorib
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2785
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:12 pm
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: OBX; Clinton Lake, IL; Lake Michigan; La Ventana; SPI; Hood River; Tawas, MI
Gear: Kites: Slingshot Rally 5/7/9/11m, Turbine 9m, SST 4/5/7m, UFO 5/7/9m, Flysurfer Speed4 10m standard, Peter Lynn Venom II ARC 16m

Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Flysurfer Radical6 138, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, Slingshot/Moses 80/91/101cm masts with 800/425 695/425 637/420 1000/421 wingsets, 36" Woody, Slingshot Dwarfcraft Micro 3'6" 2019-2020, MBS Comp 95x

For sale: Moses 80cm alu mast $260
.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 239 times
Been thanked: 348 times

Re: Moses 2019-2020

Postby grigorib » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:45 pm

gmb13 wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:25 pm


--
Gunnar
Gunnar, what was your mast position for 695/420 compared to 633/483 or 590/330?


Return to “Hydrofoil”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests