Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Moses 2019-2020

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
grigorib
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2281
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:12 pm
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: OBX; Clinton Lake, IL; Lake Michigan; La Ventana, SPI; Tawas, MI
Gear: Kites: Slingshot Rally 5/7/9/11m, SST 5m, Turbine 9m, Flysurfer Speed4 10m standard, Peter Lynn Venom II ARC 16m

Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Flysurfer Radical6 138, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, Slingshot/Moses 80/82/91/105cm masts with 590/330 695/425 683s/450 679/483 wingsets, Tim's 36" woody, Slingshot Dwarfcraft Micro 3'6" 2019-2020, MBS Comp 95x

For sale: Slingshot SST 6m 2018 $480, Slingshot Turbine 5m 2017 like new $450, BROkite carbon board 140x44cm like new complete $650, Slingshot Rally 6m 2017 like new $530

Moses 590/647/330 $740, Moses 633/749/483 $790, Moses 683s/749/483 $890, 75cm alu mast $200, 80cm alu mast $260
.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 167 times
Been thanked: 206 times

Re: Moses 2019-2020

Postby grigorib » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:06 am

Whattheflock wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:02 am
I have the H4 and H2 wings with 28" (71cm) mast with my dwarfcraft 4'6" board and looking for some insight in my future foil setup. I don't really know what I want just yet. I weigh 70kg's and love the H4 for lightwind but would like a bit more speed. Is the 633 a little quicker? It'd be nice to have a lighter "H4" and maybe another smaller speedier wing later on for when the wind picks up and start some jumping?
When I rode H4 and 633 side by side it felt much smoother to ride the 633. Tony Logosz did a great job designing the 633 and 683s (currently 679) is in my opinion even better wing. Goes faster at its average, cruising speed being 20% thinner and 20% smaller area. I suggest you find the 683s or 679 wing which at your 70 kg would just rock.

You can reuse you aluminum mast for 633 with an adapter and there’ll be plenty of beginners looking for H4/H2 setup to learn on, so your upgrades don’t cost a fortune. You can get 633/693s wing with fuselage and stabilizer for $850-$950 and you will enjoy the upgrade royally
These users thanked the author grigorib for the post:
Whattheflock (Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:08 am)
Rating: 10%

Cefirmeza
Medium Poster
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:30 pm
Local Beach: Ceará - Brazil
Favorite Beaches: Ceará, Ibiraquera, Tarifa, Cape Town, T&C, San Andrés.
Style: Freeride
Gear: Slingshot RPMs and SST
Slingshot Hoverglide H5 / H3
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Moses 2019-2020

Postby Cefirmeza » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:02 pm

Whattheflock wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:02 am
I have the H4 and H2 wings with 28" (71cm) mast with my dwarfcraft 4'6" board and looking for some insight in my future foil setup. I don't really know what I want just yet. I weigh 70kg's and love the H4 for lightwind but would like a bit more speed. Is the 633 a little quicker? It'd be nice to have a lighter "H4" and maybe another smaller speedier wing later on for when the wind picks up and start some jumping?
Also using the H4 here with the longer mast.
How fast have you reached with this wing? I did 43 km/h which I consider reasonably fast for an entry level foil.

I look foward to compare it with moses 633 but mostly to increase low end at 63kg on the lake and start jumping as it is much lighter.

Unfortunately it is hard to find foil equipment here in Brazil. Mostly second hand from foreign tourists during season.

Whattheflock
Medium Poster
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:23 pm
Local Beach: Wasaga
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: Moses 2019-2020

Postby Whattheflock » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:51 pm

Cefirmeza wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:02 pm
Whattheflock wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:02 am
I have the H4 and H2 wings with 28" (71cm) mast with my dwarfcraft 4'6" board and looking for some insight in my future foil setup. I don't really know what I want just yet. I weigh 70kg's and love the H4 for lightwind but would like a bit more speed. Is the 633 a little quicker? It'd be nice to have a lighter "H4" and maybe another smaller speedier wing later on for when the wind picks up and start some jumping?
Also using the H4 here with the longer mast.
How fast have you reached with this wing? I did 43 km/h which I consider reasonably fast for an entry level foil.

I look foward to compare it with moses 633 but mostly to increase low end at 63kg on the lake and start jumping as it is much lighter.

Unfortunately it is hard to find foil equipment here in Brazil. Mostly second hand from foreign tourists during season.
I've got 38km/h with my Garmin watch on a 71cm mast and fairly powered up.

grigorib
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2281
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:12 pm
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: OBX; Clinton Lake, IL; Lake Michigan; La Ventana, SPI; Tawas, MI
Gear: Kites: Slingshot Rally 5/7/9/11m, SST 5m, Turbine 9m, Flysurfer Speed4 10m standard, Peter Lynn Venom II ARC 16m

Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Flysurfer Radical6 138, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, Slingshot/Moses 80/82/91/105cm masts with 590/330 695/425 683s/450 679/483 wingsets, Tim's 36" woody, Slingshot Dwarfcraft Micro 3'6" 2019-2020, MBS Comp 95x

For sale: Slingshot SST 6m 2018 $480, Slingshot Turbine 5m 2017 like new $450, BROkite carbon board 140x44cm like new complete $650, Slingshot Rally 6m 2017 like new $530

Moses 590/647/330 $740, Moses 633/749/483 $790, Moses 683s/749/483 $890, 75cm alu mast $200, 80cm alu mast $260
.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 167 times
Been thanked: 206 times

Re: Moses 2019-2020

Postby grigorib » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:08 am

To add to my 82cm mast feedback - trailing edge is wire-smooth and doesn’t feel “dull knife sharp” like previous mast models
These users thanked the author grigorib for the post:
Whattheflock (Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:20 am)
Rating: 10%

Whattheflock
Medium Poster
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:23 pm
Local Beach: Wasaga
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: Moses 2019-2020

Postby Whattheflock » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:22 am

grigorib wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:08 am
To add to my 82cm mast feedback - trailing edge is wire-smooth and doesn’t feel “dull knife sharp” like previous mast models
Thanks! How do you like your 695? Do you like the 590 more? Do you use your 82cm mast on faster wings?

grigorib
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2281
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:12 pm
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: OBX; Clinton Lake, IL; Lake Michigan; La Ventana, SPI; Tawas, MI
Gear: Kites: Slingshot Rally 5/7/9/11m, SST 5m, Turbine 9m, Flysurfer Speed4 10m standard, Peter Lynn Venom II ARC 16m

Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Flysurfer Radical6 138, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, Slingshot/Moses 80/82/91/105cm masts with 590/330 695/425 683s/450 679/483 wingsets, Tim's 36" woody, Slingshot Dwarfcraft Micro 3'6" 2019-2020, MBS Comp 95x

For sale: Slingshot SST 6m 2018 $480, Slingshot Turbine 5m 2017 like new $450, BROkite carbon board 140x44cm like new complete $650, Slingshot Rally 6m 2017 like new $530

Moses 590/647/330 $740, Moses 633/749/483 $790, Moses 683s/749/483 $890, 75cm alu mast $200, 80cm alu mast $260
.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 167 times
Been thanked: 206 times

Re: Moses 2019-2020

Postby grigorib » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:02 am

Whattheflock wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:22 am
grigorib wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:08 am
To add to my 82cm mast feedback - trailing edge is wire-smooth and doesn’t feel “dull knife sharp” like previous mast models
Thanks! How do you like your 695? Do you like the 590 more? Do you use your 82cm mast on faster wings?
Here’s my review of 695 viewtopic.php?p=1083937#p1083937
My 590 is for sale. If I weighed 190 lbs I’d keep it

The 82 hasn’t been screwed onto a board yet. Midwest winter here. Short mast is for shallow water. I’d ride shallow water with faster wings if water is seaweed free

dave1986
Frequent Poster
Posts: 380
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 3:25 am
Gear: .
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 40 times

Re: Moses 2019-2020

Postby dave1986 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:40 pm

grigorib wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:02 am
My 590 is for sale. If I weighed 190 lbs I’d keep it
Are you saying that the 590 is better if you weigh less than 190lbs, or better if you weigh more than 190lbs?

grigorib
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2281
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:12 pm
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: OBX; Clinton Lake, IL; Lake Michigan; La Ventana, SPI; Tawas, MI
Gear: Kites: Slingshot Rally 5/7/9/11m, SST 5m, Turbine 9m, Flysurfer Speed4 10m standard, Peter Lynn Venom II ARC 16m

Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Flysurfer Radical6 138, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, Slingshot/Moses 80/82/91/105cm masts with 590/330 695/425 683s/450 679/483 wingsets, Tim's 36" woody, Slingshot Dwarfcraft Micro 3'6" 2019-2020, MBS Comp 95x

For sale: Slingshot SST 6m 2018 $480, Slingshot Turbine 5m 2017 like new $450, BROkite carbon board 140x44cm like new complete $650, Slingshot Rally 6m 2017 like new $530

Moses 590/647/330 $740, Moses 633/749/483 $790, Moses 683s/749/483 $890, 75cm alu mast $200, 80cm alu mast $260
.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 167 times
Been thanked: 206 times

Re: Moses 2019-2020

Postby grigorib » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:32 pm

dave1986 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:40 pm
grigorib wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:02 am
My 590 is for sale. If I weighed 190 lbs I’d keep it
Are you saying that the 590 is better if you weigh less than 190lbs, or better if you weigh more than 190lbs?
Smaller wings ride better for lighter riders. If I weighed under 190 lbs I would have still been riding 590 and maybe some race wings too :) I enjoy speed but I don’t like when wings stall and for that I need thin wing and larger area

live2play
Medium Poster
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:44 pm
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Moses 2019-2020

Postby live2play » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:45 am

I weigh 165lb and after spending the past month riding the 683s/483, 590/330 and 695/425 on my strapless board, my 590/330 is also for sale and the 683s might not be far behind!

I found that the 695/425 was my preferred wingset to ride of the three. It goes almost as slow as the 683s, almost as fast as the 590 and of the three it is the most stable in the roll axis. In addition, it feels like I don't get overpowered as fast when the wind picks up. Another side benefit is that the foil/board is lighter compared to with the 683s.
These users thanked the author live2play for the post:
Whattheflock (Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:04 pm)
Rating: 10%

grigorib
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2281
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:12 pm
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: OBX; Clinton Lake, IL; Lake Michigan; La Ventana, SPI; Tawas, MI
Gear: Kites: Slingshot Rally 5/7/9/11m, SST 5m, Turbine 9m, Flysurfer Speed4 10m standard, Peter Lynn Venom II ARC 16m

Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Flysurfer Radical6 138, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, Slingshot/Moses 80/82/91/105cm masts with 590/330 695/425 683s/450 679/483 wingsets, Tim's 36" woody, Slingshot Dwarfcraft Micro 3'6" 2019-2020, MBS Comp 95x

For sale: Slingshot SST 6m 2018 $480, Slingshot Turbine 5m 2017 like new $450, BROkite carbon board 140x44cm like new complete $650, Slingshot Rally 6m 2017 like new $530

Moses 590/647/330 $740, Moses 633/749/483 $790, Moses 683s/749/483 $890, 75cm alu mast $200, 80cm alu mast $260
.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 167 times
Been thanked: 206 times

Re: Moses 2019-2020

Postby grigorib » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:17 am

^^^^** Same for me for me except I can’t take 695 to OBX as it will collect all and shed none of seaweed floating there.

That’s when 679 will get handy


Return to “Hydrofoil”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests