maexx100
Rare Poster
Gear: Slingshot Celeritas, Airush Ultra, Flysurfer Soul, Best Cabo, Moses 633
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Moses T38 vs T22

Postby maexx100 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:27 am

I have the 633 and Slingshot Dwarfcraft 4'6 and i usually ride strapless, the 633 wing is not that good to jump anyway. Now i like a smaller and lighter Board where the Foil attachment is back of the board suitable for the 633 Wing.
I like the size and weight of the T22, but it does not have any beveled edges. I dont know if this is a problem with the size of the Board, because sometimes i like to make longer distances and i like the beveled edges of the Dwarfcraft Board.
The red T38 is a bit heavier and the more comfortable board because of the length, is this the better choice for an advanced rider?

Foil
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 91kg
Local Beach: New Brighton near Liverpool. Open sea with big low tide deep lagoon
and regular at Rhosneigr and Newbrough on Anglesey
Favorite Beaches: New Brighton, Rhosneigr, Fleetwood, Newbrough, Blackrock sands
lake Como (Italy) El Medano
Style: kite foiler since 2017 Ttip since 2000
Gear: My rule to gear choice is "IF IT DONT BOOST ITS NO USE"
Groove Skates 110cm 2022 editions
kraken mast systems 103k and 93k.
Kraken fuse 703k
Duotone SLS Evo's -- 11mtr/9mtr/7mtr/6mtr/ 4mtr RRD.
Duotone 2022 click bars x2,my own custom made lines fitted,
(modified lines now available for the flite99 shod duotone bars)

Bar lines made up to any length in a choice of strengths, power lines, trim lines, pigtails, leader lines, bridal lines, elasticated lines, I make and fit them all, free fit and tune service,
quick turnaround,drop me a message, find me on messenger, Colin Moore.

Postby Foil » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:03 pm

maexx100 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:27 am
I have the 633 and Slingshot Dwarfcraft 4'6 and i usually ride strapless, the 633 wing is not that good to jump anyway. Now i like a smaller and lighter Board where the Foil attachment is back of the board suitable for the 633 Wing.
I like the size and weight of the T22, but it does not have any beveled edges. I dont know if this is a problem with the size of the Board, because sometimes i like to make longer distances and i like the beveled edges of the Dwarfcraft Board.
The red T38 is a bit heavier and the more comfortable board because of the length, is this the better choice for an advanced rider?
you mentioned jumping, I believe the T22 will not be great for jumping as it has no rear strap, only front straps, however the T38 has all 3 straps for locked in riding and jumping.
I find the 633 wing is just great for boosting, and landing is easy after much practice. :thumb:

Opi
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Wremen / Germany
Favorite Beaches: Nörre, Middles, Hamborg, Wijk, Canos, Bolonia, CT...
Style: Wave, Foil, Twintip
Gear: Ozone, Moses, RRD Baracuda
Brand Affiliation: Ozone
Has thanked: 0

Postby Opi » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:35 pm

I believe the T22 will not be great for jumping as it has no rear strap
... i installed a back footstrap with the two screws of the mast...

Works fine with the 633 :thumb:

JayTC
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Currently Brazil Parajuru
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa - Spain
Prea - Brazil
Sakalava Bay - Madagascar
Style: Strapless
Gear: Duotone Pro Whip
Dutotone Neo 6, 8, 12m2

Postby JayTC » Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:45 am

Hello,
I have finally received the foil. Super stoked!

Here is a little feedback should a beginner be interested in investing.
I bought the T38, 633 / 483, 75cm alu
BigWave was right, it's definitely manageable as a beginner with few hours logged-in.

Background:
- I am often riding strapless. I would consider that I am good, but by far not expert
- Regarding foil, I did 1h with a 40cm on a surfboard. Then 4h with a F-One 51 TS
- After a 2 weeks break, I went on the T38 and it went very well despite being in the wave

I did not find it much worse than the F-ONE board regarding crash linked to un-wanted touch-downs. Still felt that I took a little step back as I need to adjust to the foil.
Let's see how it goes on the next learning steps. But so far it's really manageable to ride that board.

Personal opinion:
- I will remove the back-strap as I found it actually easier without to manage my weight distribution on the board.
- Had the 82cm mast been available, I would have paid the extra for it vs the 75cm alu. Weight wise its quite amazing. Also a few cm would not hurt with the waves. Actually, I am almost regretting that I did not choose the 91cm.

Hope it can help someone in the future :) Thanks again for the recommandation

Return to “Hydrofoil”