Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Best "FreeRace" Foil Kite?

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
WH Lithuania
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Melnragė, Elektrėnai, Vievis
Favorite Beaches: Melnragė
Style: wave, hydrofoil
Gear: Ozone Chrono V3 UL 13m. Ozone Reo V5 9m and 7m, V4 10m. BWS Aeneema 5'5. Tons of GoFoil, Moses, Takuma foils. BWS Mulcoy Pro 6'0.

Re: Best "FreeRace" Foil Kite?

Postby WH Lithuania » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:04 am

Adventure Logs wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:48 pm
WH Lithuania wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:43 pm
Yodarocket31 wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:00 pm
What is your recommendation for a great "FreeRace" foil kite? I am thinking of a 2-kite quiver, 11m and 15m. More wind than that and I'll probably stick to my LEI.

I am not on the racing scene, so I don't necessarily need a race-only kite. I have both a race foil and a freeride foil, and I simply enjoy going fast from Point A to Point B, jibing/tacking (able to foil through both), and pushing my angles, just for fun.

I wonder if a Freeride foil kite like the Hyperlink or Soul will leave me wanting more...

Brand debates aside, what would you suggest?
There will not be any more questions what is the best freerace foil kite after you try Ozone Chrono V3 Ultralight. The only downside is the price.
and a deflate zipper that will eventually freeze up, an nonadjustable bridal that will eventually shrink, and stitching which will collect sand. But sure if you are just going to use it for a season, it's not bad :roll:
Not sure what you are talking about as I haven't got any of those. Probably that's what Flysurfer fanboys experience :cool2:

Never had any problems with zippers. My Ozone zippers looks and works like brand new.

There are bridle measures publicly accessible so if you need to tune the bridle - just measure your bridle and extend shorten the bridle lines accordingly. Only basic line splicing knowledge needed. Pro speed system is adjustable.

Haven't got any issues with sand.

The biggest problem with Flysurfer fanboys is that none of them ever tried Ozone Chrono V3 Ultralight and pretends that they know a thing about it.

Return to “Hydrofoil”