Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Local Beach: Sooke, BC, Canada
Style: Canada's Kai Lenny (in my mind)
Gear: Ocean Rodeo wings&kites / GoFoil
Brand Affiliation: Open to offers

Re: Fast wave hydrofoiling.

Postby juandesooka » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:49 am

Dang, plummet you bait n switched me ... I scanned through for foil radness, but denied! :-)

Glad you had a stoking session. Truth be told, it's usually better not to see video of it, because I find the video replaces your memory, and it's usually best to re-live it how you experienced it.

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby plummet » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:34 am

Its highly unlikely therel be a vid of me foiling. I'm not in the sb crew as im a weirdo that foils, mutant rides and kite buggies and comes and go at odd times to suit family and work but not necessarily kiting.

slowboat
Very Frequent Poster
Style: wave foiling
Gear: This and that

Postby slowboat » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:27 am

Impressive wave. Not sure there is a huge advantage with a foil on such waves. I guess one can use a smaller kite with a foil. The advantage of foils over SB is in smaller waves.

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:57 am

plummet wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:34 am
Its highly unlikely therel be a vid of me foiling. I'm not in the sb crew as im a weirdo that foils, mutant rides and kite buggies and comes and go at odd times to suit family and work but not necessarily kiting.

Just put a kite or linecam up next time, quality not important and no hassle at all.

Eventhough juandesooka is right, seeing video of how one rides, compared to how you experience and think of yourself riding, will always be a total dissapointment, the first time(s).

BUT, it will be an eye opener to things you do wrong, and can correct, besides giving you a more objective view of your own style and maybe things that you want to change, so a win win win :rollgrin:

This goes for most in here, commenting of how to do things - showing even a lousy video of how they do it, is way better than just commenting.

I think the problem is, the good guys/girls are so good, and show so good video, that noone wants to show an amateur video of oneself :roll:

In my mind though, these videos are the very best, a LOT better than smooth well produced videos from the best riders (they are impressive, but in a different perspective), as the super amateur show the real thing, and often how most of us are able to ride - kudos and respect to everyone who puts of any short videoclip of themeselves :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

8) Peter

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant

Postby plummet » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:39 am

Yeah, I'm not going to light the world on fine with my fine foil wave riding. But I don't care, I'm out their battling with the monster and loving it.

I no longer have a gopro or similar so POV video is not an option either.

Return to “Hydrofoil”