Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

F-one Breeze v1 vs v2 for beginner

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
VillamZ
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Lake Balaton in Hungary
Favorite Beaches: Garretstown and Red beach in Cork, Ireland (Also liked Manhattan Beach in LA)
Style: foil
Gear: F-one IS6 850 Foil with 49 board - still looking for a kite
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

F-one Breeze v1 vs v2 for beginner

Postby VillamZ » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:11 pm

Just recently got a foil (f-one 850), but still lack of the kite to go above it. I was considering the Breeze, tried the 17 last year with TT, in really light wind it was really stable and easy to relaunch. Now I am planning to get a 13m v1 for foil (beginning). Anyone tried this size? I am 80kg. Thanks a mill

K-Roy
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Balaton
Taiba, Brasil
Favorite Beaches: Cumbuco to Jeri
Style: strapless SB & strapless FB
Gear: Fone Bandit X, XII, Breeze V2. and Diablo V.1
FW Vader, OR Duke, Mitu Pro, Fone foil
Brand Affiliation: Fone brand Ambassador

Re: F-one Breeze v1 vs v2 for beginner

Postby K-Roy » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:34 pm

I got the Breeze V2 11m and very happy with it.
For 80kg and low wind conditions, I would go for the 13m.

cheers
These users thanked the author K-Roy for the post:
VillamZ (Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:21 am)
Rating: 3.03%

Slyde
Frequent Poster

Postby Slyde » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:30 am

You don’t need any fancy new kites to learn to foil. I would suggest using what you are used to unless it is really big. You don’t want to learn in marginal conditions. Use your normal twintip sized kites for the first few goes so you can hang off them a bit. Once you have the feel of it then you can downsize. Once you can foil comfortably with regular winds and kites you can push the low wind envelope with a fancy new kite and by then you will know if you want 11 m or 13.

slowboat
Very Frequent Poster
Style: wave foiling
Gear: This and that

Postby slowboat » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:14 am

Slyde wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:30 am
You don’t need any fancy new kites to learn to foil. I would suggest using what you are used to unless it is really big. You don’t want to learn in marginal conditions. Use your normal twintip sized kites for the first few goes so you can hang off them a bit. Once you have the feel of it then you can downsize. Once you can foil comfortably with regular winds and kites you can push the low wind envelope with a fancy new kite and by then you will know if you want 11 m or 13.
this is good advice

VillamZ
Rare Poster
Favorite Beaches: Garretstown and Red beach in Cork, Ireland (Also liked Manhattan Beach in LA)

Postby VillamZ » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:10 am

Slyde wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:30 am
Would love to use my old kite, the problem is, I don't have one at the moment. That is why I am planning to buy one :)

My question is in general if anyone has experience with the Breeze, I got great reviews from good foilers around me, just wanted a second opinion :)

robclaisse
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Currently living in Blouberg, Cape Town, ZA
Favorite Beaches: Shoreham-by-sea, UK
Waddell Creek - Santa Cruz, USA
Tableview, Cape Town, SA
Style: Waves / Foiling
Gear: F-one Breeze 15m, Bandits 11,8,6
Pocket 13cm with a Mirage 800, 85cm mast
Mitu 5'8"
Trax Carbon 137
Brand Affiliation: Progression Sports (Formally Fat Sand)

Postby robclaisse » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:03 pm

I've just started riding F-one and ride the Mirage 800 (similar to the 850) and pocket 130. I have a 15m Breeze v2 and love it! I'm 105kg so take that in to account (for 80kg, I think the 13m would probably be perfect).

It amazing the number of times that kite has saved me from sitting on the beach unable to ride. What I love about the breeze is that I can ride in 6-10 knots, have enough power to do everything and importantly it is super stable overhead, even in the right light stuff. Loops well too. In my mind, it is definitely a rival for the Airush Ultra's light wind LEI crown. The only downside is it can get overpowered, on a foil, in 11-12 knots but then my 11m Bandit is working great - this will probably be slightly less noticeable on the smaller 1-strut kites. If you want a bigger range from a lightwind kite then you probably want to start thinking about a foil kite.

Disclaimer: F-one UK help me out with kit so take that into account but honestly if I didn't like the kite I just won't say anything on here :)
These users thanked the author robclaisse for the post:
VillamZ (Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:04 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

VillamZ
Rare Poster

Postby VillamZ » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:32 am

According to f-one, the wind range of the Breeze 13 m v1 should be around 8-20 knots. So should I take this with a grain of salt? Or that is true to TT and not to foil? How bad is when you get overpowered on the foil?

robclaisse
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Currently living in Blouberg, Cape Town, ZA
Favorite Beaches: Shoreham-by-sea, UK
Waddell Creek - Santa Cruz, USA
Tableview, Cape Town, SA
Style: Waves / Foiling
Gear: F-one Breeze 15m, Bandits 11,8,6
Pocket 13cm with a Mirage 800, 85cm mast
Mitu 5'8"
Trax Carbon 137
Brand Affiliation: Progression Sports (Formally Fat Sand)

Postby robclaisse » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:48 am

^ Yeah that wind range isn't for foiling. 13m in 20 knots on a twintip is doable but not on a foil - you'll be good up to about 15 knots on a foil but probably pretty powered up and will have more fun on a smaller kite. But that also depends on your foil - smaller front wing and you'll be able to handle more power, bigger front wing you'll get overpowered quicker and your foiling experience should be factored in too - sorry it's never quite as straight forward as a certain size kite in a certain wind!

ankers
Medium Poster
Gear: BRM
Has thanked: 0

Postby ankers » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:11 am

i use V1 13m for foiling from 7knots onwards (not less) up to 12-13, as i can then change to 8m cloud

Its not a bad kite at all. but compared to clouds......
Its stable and has good range

Return to “Hydrofoil”