Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Slingshot fkite choice: Space skate 65 vs Infinity 76

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
grigorib
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: OBX; Clinton Lake, IL; Lake Michigan; Hood River; La Ventana; Ocean Park, PR; SPI; Tawas, MI
Gear: Kites: Slingshot Rally 5/7/9/11m, Turbine 9/13m, SST 4/5m, UFO 3/5/7/9m, Flysurfer Speed4 10m standard, Flysurfer 2cool 6m, Peter Lynn Venom II ARC 16m

Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Flysurfer Radical6 138, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, Slingshot/Moses/RDB 70/90/101cm masts with 1200/860/800/730/600 kitefoil or 2200/1700/1400 wingfoil wings and 310/230/425 stabilizers, Naish MicroChip 80cm, 36" Woody, Slingshot Dwarfcraft Micro 100, MBS Comp 95x

For sale: Slingshot Turbine 9/13m, 20” Guardian bar, 1700 sq.cm wing/fuselage/stabilizer fitting Moses mast
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Slingshot fkite choice: Space skate 65 vs Infinity 76

Postby grigorib » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:35 pm

wallydog wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:59 pm
hey grigorib what "macgyver it to aluminum hoverglide mast" is that you have in your picture? Is that Stringys?
it's not my picture. It's from Moses 2018 thread.
Guy did sand down the mast and modified fuselage holes a bit.
viewtopic.php?p=1016733#p1016733

Stringys looks pretty impressive actually.

Youtch
Frequent Poster

Postby Youtch » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:20 pm

All your shared info come very usefull.

I found it quite hard to find review over the internet of their 2019 wings, being either spaceskate, timecode or infinity. Almost found none, actually.

There are a couple of review with the old h4, which is exactly the same as the new spaceskate as per my understanding (except material.

mjwrx
Rare Poster
Gear: Naish
Slingshot
Ocean Rodeo
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby mjwrx » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:15 pm

Youtch, Some of the best reviews I have found are on a German language web sight. I don't speak German but this works.

Do a google search of the following text:

Der SP eignet sich daher auch für Schlaufen-Fahrer, weil der Auftrieb sehr gut zu kontrollieren ist

Click on "Translate this page" of corse the result will be broken english, one thing is they will call foot straps "loops" or "loop".

Also some say Slingshot Hover Glide is for beginners. Check out this video

From the German test the Moses Onda 633 rides about the same as the space skate but at a different position in the track, the HG is heaver on the walk to the water.

grigorib
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: OBX; Clinton Lake, IL; Lake Michigan; Hood River; La Ventana; Ocean Park, PR; SPI; Tawas, MI
Gear: Kites: Slingshot Rally 5/7/9/11m, Turbine 9/13m, SST 4/5m, UFO 3/5/7/9m, Flysurfer Speed4 10m standard, Flysurfer 2cool 6m, Peter Lynn Venom II ARC 16m

Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Flysurfer Radical6 138, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, Slingshot/Moses/RDB 70/90/101cm masts with 1200/860/800/730/600 kitefoil or 2200/1700/1400 wingfoil wings and 310/230/425 stabilizers, Naish MicroChip 80cm, 36" Woody, Slingshot Dwarfcraft Micro 100, MBS Comp 95x

For sale: Slingshot Turbine 9/13m, 20” Guardian bar, 1700 sq.cm wing/fuselage/stabilizer fitting Moses mast

Postby grigorib » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:43 pm

mjwrx wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:15 pm
Youtch, Some of the best reviews I have found are on a German language web sight. I don't speak German but this works.

From the German test the Moses Onda 633 rides about the same as the space skate but at a different position in the track, the HG is heaver on the walk to the water.
Well, I’ve been riding 633 on 71cm mast for about 5 full weeks in 2018 and then I rode the H4 for several sessions, right after I sold my original 633 to a friend
With all the respect to low cost of H4 the 633 feels so much more stable, goes up at less speed and can go faster at great stable feeling. H4 is certainly a grade down in comfort and riding abilities.

DukeSilver
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Weight: 82
Local Beach: Melville Beach Western Australia
Favorite Beaches: Graveyards
Style: Hydrofoil, Strapless Surfboard
Gear: Ozone Reo, Ozone Hyperlink, Moses 683s, home built pocket foil board, Cabrinha Skillit

Postby DukeSilver » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:45 am

I don't know if this will be of any help to you, but here is a review of the Infinity 76 and the Moses 633 I wrote several months ago on an Australian Hydrofoil forum:

"Given the interest in, and growing popularity of, larger surf wings for kite foiling over the last 12 months or so, I've been really keen to try out one of these behemoths to see what all the fuss is about. I currently ride one of the original Slingshot NF2 Hover Glide foils which is what I learnt on about 18 months ago. I would say I'm an intermediate foiler. I'm solid on my foiling gybes and rarely breach my foil anymore. Haven't attempted any tacks yet - that's next.

Thanks to the kind folks at Action Sports (thanks Darren and Todd) I was able to demo a couple of the larger "surf" wings over the weekend. Namely the Slingshot Infinity 76 - a 1536cm2 monster designed for prone and SUP surfing and the Moses Onda 633 - a slightly smaller but still significant 1200cm2 + wing. The former was attached to my 78cm Slingshot NF2 mast and the latter on the 71cm Fluente mast.

My mate Alverstone was also keen to demo these large wings and I met him at the river at Applecross on Sunday afternoon. The wind was a light to moderate southerly sitting between 10 - 15 kts for the duration of our session. I put up my 6m Ozone Catalyst and Jon went with his 7m Drifter. I was using a Dwarfcraft 54 which I ride strapless while Jon was atop his North Pro Foil board with gybe straps on the front and no rear strap.

I decided to head out with the Infinity 76 first while Jon took out the Moses 633. The wind felt about 12-14kts and with my 6m Cat it took a few dives to get my 81kgs out of the water and onto the board. A few more dives, and the board and I were effortlessly lifted off the water and under way. I immediately felt comfortable on this foil. Very pitch stable, my initial concerns about this big wing wanting to rise up and breach with any speed were soon put to rest. It didn't require any more front foot pressure than my smaller H5 wing. I did have the mast positioned all the way back in the tracks though.

I tried to do a few slalom type carves from side to side on the Infinity 76, and while it could be done, it took a bit more effort than on the H5 wing, but this was to be expected given the extra 20cm of span. Carving gybes was a pleasant surprise. I could do a fairly wide arc turn comfortably but given the light wind and 6m kite, I mostly had to rip as tight a turn as possible to keep my lines tensioned and my kite powered. This wing loves a tight turn. I could almost pivot turn and still stay up on the foil. I would say it can do a tighter arc than my much smaller H5.

Cruising around in light wind on a small kite was an absolute joy. I was pulling off flying foot swaps with ease on this thing, and being able to foil at what felt like a jogging pace was fairly surreal for me. There were a number of other foilers out with us and were mostly on 9 and 10m kites, which is understandable given the wind speed. I would think this wing allows you to drop 2 or 3m in kite size compared to the normal sized race and freeride wings most of us have. This wing has an alleged speed range of 8 - 22kts and when I headed off on a broad reach, I could believe this top speed was accurate. It was actually pretty quick when pushed, and still, it was well mannered and pitch stable.

My verdict - I want this wing. It will be mine......oh yes, it will be mine.

I had a quick go on the Moses Onda 633. Jon had turned his bar and lines into a spaghetti dinner so I took the chance for a 20min blast on this Italian beauty. Lovely looking setup and light. This was the first carbon mast and wing set I have ever tried. Once again, like the Infinity 76, it popped up easily and at low speed and once flying, felt very slippery. What I will say is that it's not as roll stable as the Infinity wing. It felt quite twitchy in comparison, but certainly still very easy to fly. If you wanted a one wing quiver, the Moses would probably be the setup you'd choose. Surfy and loose feeling but still quick enough to keep all but racers happy. Both these wings would be good for a beginner due to their ability to go at low speed and good pitch stability. I was surprised that once Jon was ready to head out again, I wasn't in the least bit sorry to be jumping back on the Infinity.

If you're at all interested in the big wing foiling experience and want to know what the hype is all about, I'd suggest organising a demo to see what you think. It's an eye opener. "
These users thanked the author DukeSilver for the post:
SENDIT! (Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:11 am)
Rating: 3.03%

Youtch
Frequent Poster

Postby Youtch » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:30 pm

As far as i am concerned, onda 633 might look sexy but with its sharp edges it enters in the category of blades to use as weapon.

Therefore it is getting a total veto from my wife, even if sanding it all, it will still look too much as an object to cut or impale someone for her to agree with me going kiting on this.

The benefits of being married i guess.

SENDIT!
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Okaloosa Island
Favorite Beaches: In no particular order; Kailua Beach, Oahu; Lake Nitinaht, BC; OBX
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Flite 17 Aluula, North Reach 12, Ocean Rodeo Rise 10, Reach 9, Prodigy 7, Litewave Carbon Wing 165, Ocean Rodeo Mako 150, Poptart 139, Litewave Carbon Kick S 139, North Scoop/Sonar Surf Foil
Brand Affiliation: Mojo Actionsports

Postby SENDIT! » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:10 am

DukeSilver wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:45 am
I don't know if this will be of any help to you, but here is a review of the Infinity 76 and the Moses 633 I wrote several months ago on an Australian Hydrofoil forum:

"Given the interest in, and growing popularity of, larger surf wings for kite foiling over the last 12 months or so, I've been really keen to try out one of these behemoths to see what all the fuss is about. I currently ride one of the original Slingshot NF2 Hover Glide foils which is what I learnt on about 18 months ago. I would say I'm an intermediate foiler. I'm solid on my foiling gybes and rarely breach my foil anymore. Haven't attempted any tacks yet - that's next.

Thanks to the kind folks at Action Sports (thanks Darren and Todd) I was able to demo a couple of the larger "surf" wings over the weekend. Namely the Slingshot Infinity 76 - a 1536cm2 monster designed for prone and SUP surfing and the Moses Onda 633 - a slightly smaller but still significant 1200cm2 + wing. The former was attached to my 78cm Slingshot NF2 mast and the latter on the 71cm Fluente mast.

My mate Alverstone was also keen to demo these large wings and I met him at the river at Applecross on Sunday afternoon. The wind was a light to moderate southerly sitting between 10 - 15 kts for the duration of our session. I put up my 6m Ozone Catalyst and Jon went with his 7m Drifter. I was using a Dwarfcraft 54 which I ride strapless while Jon was atop his North Pro Foil board with gybe straps on the front and no rear strap.

I decided to head out with the Infinity 76 first while Jon took out the Moses 633. The wind felt about 12-14kts and with my 6m Cat it took a few dives to get my 81kgs out of the water and onto the board. A few more dives, and the board and I were effortlessly lifted off the water and under way. I immediately felt comfortable on this foil. Very pitch stable, my initial concerns about this big wing wanting to rise up and breach with any speed were soon put to rest. It didn't require any more front foot pressure than my smaller H5 wing. I did have the mast positioned all the way back in the tracks though.

I tried to do a few slalom type carves from side to side on the Infinity 76, and while it could be done, it took a bit more effort than on the H5 wing, but this was to be expected given the extra 20cm of span. Carving gybes was a pleasant surprise. I could do a fairly wide arc turn comfortably but given the light wind and 6m kite, I mostly had to rip as tight a turn as possible to keep my lines tensioned and my kite powered. This wing loves a tight turn. I could almost pivot turn and still stay up on the foil. I would say it can do a tighter arc than my much smaller H5.

Cruising around in light wind on a small kite was an absolute joy. I was pulling off flying foot swaps with ease on this thing, and being able to foil at what felt like a jogging pace was fairly surreal for me. There were a number of other foilers out with us and were mostly on 9 and 10m kites, which is understandable given the wind speed. I would think this wing allows you to drop 2 or 3m in kite size compared to the normal sized race and freeride wings most of us have. This wing has an alleged speed range of 8 - 22kts and when I headed off on a broad reach, I could believe this top speed was accurate. It was actually pretty quick when pushed, and still, it was well mannered and pitch stable.

My verdict - I want this wing. It will be mine......oh yes, it will be mine.

I had a quick go on the Moses Onda 633. Jon had turned his bar and lines into a spaghetti dinner so I took the chance for a 20min blast on this Italian beauty. Lovely looking setup and light. This was the first carbon mast and wing set I have ever tried. Once again, like the Infinity 76, it popped up easily and at low speed and once flying, felt very slippery. What I will say is that it's not as roll stable as the Infinity wing. It felt quite twitchy in comparison, but certainly still very easy to fly. If you wanted a one wing quiver, the Moses would probably be the setup you'd choose. Surfy and loose feeling but still quick enough to keep all but racers happy. Both these wings would be good for a beginner due to their ability to go at low speed and good pitch stability. I was surprised that once Jon was ready to head out again, I wasn't in the least bit sorry to be jumping back on the Infinity.

If you're at all interested in the big wing foiling experience and want to know what the hype is all about, I'd suggest organising a demo to see what you think. It's an eye opener. "
Nice review, DukeSilver! I have the Infinity 76 as well and I love it. I find it to be far easier/more stable to use than the original Hoverglide NF2 wing. It is pretty surprising to see how tight a turn you can make on such a large wing. Now that I'm more reliably nailing down the heelside to toeside carve and back the other way, I need to start working on jibes.
These users thanked the author SENDIT! for the post:
DukeSilver (Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:02 am)
Rating: 3.03%

juandesooka
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Local Beach: Sooke, BC, Canada
Style: Canada's Kai Lenny (in my mind)
Gear: Ocean Rodeo wings&kites / GoFoil
Brand Affiliation: Open to offers

Postby juandesooka » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:59 am

https://www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Sta ... le/Foiling

quote=Youtch post_id=1044174 time=1550265643 user_id=2566]
All your shared info come very usefull.

I found it quite hard to find review over the internet of their 2019 wings, being either spaceskate, timecode or infinity. Almost found none, actually.

There are a couple of review with the old h4, which is exactly the same as the new spaceskate as per my understanding (except material.
[/quote]

This forum has user reports for those wings....link at top of post

Cefirmeza
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2014
Weight: 65kg
Local Beach: Ceará - Brazil
Favorite Beaches: Ceará, Brazil
Style: Kitefoil Wingfoil
Gear: Slingshot sst 4m, Airush Ultra 5m, brm cloud 5.5m, Peak4 4m/6m, Duotone Slick 3.5/4.5m
Sabfoil W1000,W800, Lift classic 150
Armstrong SKT3’11 25L

Postby Cefirmeza » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:26 pm

For a 65kg kiter seeking for the lightest winds it makes more sense to get one of these bigger wings or a lighter/foil kite?

I have the impression that once I get the kite up in the air the size of the wing is not much of an issue.

Today I ride a 9m sst but need at least a decent breeze to get it going even with longer lines.

So to be able to ride from 7knots at the lake would make much difference getting a H4 wing or the key is taking the step towards a foil kite?

My options today are getting a H4 wing for my hoverglide or a used 12m flysurfer speed5 that I believe would cover more lower end.

PugetSoundKiter
Frequent Poster
Style: Wake TT, Strapless Surfboard, Landboard
Gear: Cabrinha, Ocean Rodeo, Slingshot, Naish, North, Pansh, Ozone, HQ, Peter Lynn

Postby PugetSoundKiter » Sun May 05, 2019 3:47 am

Why did https://www.rideengine.com/Manta-Wing-76cm start selling https://www.slingshotsports.com/Hover-G ... arbon-Wing, any difference besides colors?
76Foils2.jpg
76Foils1.jpg

Read http://www.iwindsurf.com/forums/viewtop ... 7c102a4114 some windsurfers have had leading edge delamination, anybody here have that problem with any of the 2019 SS or RE wings?
76Foils3.jpg

The H11 76cm Infinity/Manta wing seems popular, think SS will build an all carbon fiber version?

Return to “Hydrofoil”