Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

RRD Squid, any feedback yet?

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
Youtch
Frequent Poster

RRD Squid, any feedback yet?

Postby Youtch » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:19 pm

I am in the market for a new board, but I m looking for a model that I could reuse for something else than foiling, as I cannot afford to have infinite number of boards.
I don t have the money, nor the space.

I love the feeling of riding a skimboard (I own Nobile Skim) and I am very attracted to the idea of having a board which I could convert from foil to skim and vice versa, depending on the conditions.

Nobile Skim is ton of fun, but a bit too short for my taste, and I was looking at selling it in order to get a longer skim to be more at ease with small waves.
The conditions where I am kiting do not justify a surfboard, I used to have one, I prefer the rodeo feeling of a skim to the volume of a surfboard.

I was looking last year at Cabrinha double agent, without being totally convinced by its shape.
RRD just launched this year a new hybrid board, the squid.

I was curious if anyone in this community got the opportunity to give it a try both in foil and skim configurations?

The use I am looking for is just fun, carving and small Mediterranean waves riding.

Thank you very much in advance,
y.

NEkitesurfing
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: RRD Squid, any feedback yet?

Postby NEkitesurfing » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:33 pm

I have the 135 SQUID. Without a Foil it feels like a Skim board even with the bigger fins. With the foil it is a nice foilboard that is stiffer like most of the other foil boards in snow board construction. Mounting a foil and changing the mast position is very easy. The full deck pad is really comfortable and very nice for riding strapless. It is a very good travel board because of its dimensions and durable construction.

Youtch
Frequent Poster

Re: RRD Squid, any feedback yet?

Postby Youtch » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:03 pm

Thank you very much for sharing.

What is your experience riding it without the foil as a skimboard? How does it compare to other skimboard you might have tried?

I am surprised there are so little tests, reviews or feedback on this board.

Thank you very much again

Return to “Hydrofoil”