Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Slingshot dwarfcraft 4'6 or Alien air for beginner?

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
grigorib
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: OBX; Clinton Lake, IL; Lake Michigan; Hood River; La Ventana; Ocean Park, PR; SPI; Tawas, MI
Gear: Kites: Slingshot Rally 5/7/9/11m, Turbine 9/13m, SST 4/5m, UFO 3/5/7/9m, Flysurfer Speed4 10m standard, Flysurfer 2cool 6m, Peter Lynn Venom II ARC 16m

Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Flysurfer Radical6 138, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, Slingshot/Moses/RDB 70/90/101cm masts with 1200/860/800/730/600 kitefoil or 2200/1700/1400 wingfoil wings and 310/230/425 stabilizers, Naish MicroChip 80cm, 36" Woody, Slingshot Dwarfcraft Micro 100, MBS Comp 95x

For sale: Slingshot Turbine 9/13m, 20” Guardian bar, 1700 sq.cm wing/fuselage/stabilizer fitting Moses mast
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Slingshot dwarfcraft 4'6 or Alien air for beginner?

Postby grigorib » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:09 am

Cefirmeza wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:39 pm

What would be the options after switching from a dwarfcraft for improving freeride foiling?
For me a step up from 4’6” Dwarfcraft was a 3’6” Dwarfcraft. Then came replacing front strap with a hook, then the hook broke and I took it as a hint to start riding strapless.
3’6” Dwarfcraft is a pretty awesome board!

kiste
Rare Poster
Style: Freestyle, Wakestyle
Gear: Naish Boxer 12m, SS SST 9m, 7m, Duotone Whip CSC, Core SLC Foil, Wingdings...

Postby kiste » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:32 pm

I started late in the last season... so late that I was not sure if it would be a good idea, because it's getting cold over here :)
I had the same question, but I went for the Alien Air. Together with the Space Skate and a short mast; that's just like cheating. In the third session, I was able to fly gybes from toe to heel and heel to toe. Of course no flying foot switch...
The scoop combined with the short mast and one front strap enables you to recover 80% of the drop downs and just get more time on the board. Also foot switch off the foil is much easier at the beginning...

I will switch to a shorter board when I get the flying foot switch sorted out... so maybe never ;) I foil also on a lake where the wind dies out of nothing, so padding back with the Alien Air is quite comfortable and i think i will keep it for the very light wind days.

richy-c
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Gear: Ozone Moses Shinn Best

Postby richy-c » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:33 pm

kiste wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:32 pm
I started late in the last season... so late that I was not sure if it would be a good idea, because it's getting cold over here :)
I had the same question, but I went for the Alien Air. Together with the Space Skate and a short mast; that's just like cheating. In the third session, I was able to fly gybes from toe to heel and heel to toe. Of course no flying foot switch...
The scoop combined with the short mast and one front strap enables you to recover 80% of the drop downs and just get more time on the board. Also foot switch off the foil is much easier at the beginning...

I will switch to a shorter board when I get the flying foot switch sorted out... so maybe never ;) I foil also on a lake where the wind dies out of nothing, so padding back with the Alien Air is quite comfortable and i think i will keep it for the very light wind days.
Thats helpfull thanks

Return to “Hydrofoil”