Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Adapter to use Moses with inexpensive Aluminum Slingshot Masts

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
richy-c
Rare Poster
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 7:48 pm
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: Ainsdale, Cleethorpes, Rhosneigr, Los lances Tarifa. Mar menor Murcia, El Medano Tenerife
Gear: Best Kites. Shinn boards, North Boards
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: Adapter to use Moses with inexpensive Aluminum Slingshot Masts

Postby richy-c » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:40 pm

Foil wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:50 pm
Mine has just arrived here in the UK all the way from Texas, 5 days door to door.
I have just screwed it all together and pleasingly its 74cm when the base plate is fitted, which is better for the shallow spot I intend to use this at,
the black adaptor is really well engineered, machined from Aluminum alloy, it all fits and looks great.

I now need to try it on the water to determine the exact base plate position in the board tracks as the base plate/mast fixing distance is different to my standard Moses carbon mast and the mast angle is slightly different, not a problem but will need a few goes to determine the exact correct position in the tracks.
thanks guys :thumb:
what size mast did you get?

Foil
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 546
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:44 pm
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Newbrighton near Liverpool
Favorite Beaches: Flag beach for the Foil, Rhosneigr for the Foil and twintip.
Style: improving foiler.
Gear: Moses T38 full carbon Ltd edition nbr 3
2019 groove skate naked carbon. 120
101cm Moses Carbon masts
71/90cm slingshot masts with moses adaptor
Moses- 633 wing set
Moses - 683s wing set
Ozone V4 Reo 6/7/8/9
Ozone Alpha V1 10/12
Nobile 50/50 twin tip
North 2018 click bars with Q power lines
massive grin
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 26 times

Re: Adapter to use Moses with inexpensive Aluminum Slingshot Masts

Postby Foil » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:03 pm

richy-c wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:40 pm
Foil wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:50 pm
Mine has just arrived here in the UK all the way from Texas, 5 days door to door.
I have just screwed it all together and pleasingly its 74cm when the base plate is fitted, which is better for the shallow spot I intend to use this at,
the black adaptor is really well engineered, machined from Aluminum alloy, it all fits and looks great.

I now need to try it on the water to determine the exact base plate position in the board tracks as the base plate/mast fixing distance is different to my standard Moses carbon mast and the mast angle is slightly different, not a problem but will need a few goes to determine the exact correct position in the tracks.
thanks guys :thumb:
what size mast did you get?
71cm,
used it today and found the correct setting.
14 cm exactly from the back edge of the board to the back edge of the mast, the sharp mast edge, just before it enters the base plate adaptor,
this is quite a bit further back than the Moses mast setting,
this measurement is for the 633 and the 683s moses wing set, on the slingshot aluminum mast with the adapter.
and guess what?
it works very well,
I could not tell it was an aluminum mast whilst on the water, it felt great, the 71 mast (74cm with base plate) made for a very slashy feeling set up, very nimble indeed.
obviously the shorter mast has its limitations, and I was very aware I had to sail more carefully, every turn was taken with care,the water was not flat so speed had to kept down but it was very enjoyable to use despite the water shape, in this short length the heavier mast did not make any difference compared to using a carbon mast, I did have the 70cm Moses carbon mast 8 months back, but the price was silly, I used the value as a trade in against a kite,
so if anybody is thinking about this set up then don't worry, it works, and works well, I have the latest slingshot 71cm mast which look great in black with a gold slingshot logo, it sort of matches my Groove skate, also in black carbon and gold stripe.

richy-c
Rare Poster
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 7:48 pm
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: Ainsdale, Cleethorpes, Rhosneigr, Los lances Tarifa. Mar menor Murcia, El Medano Tenerife
Gear: Best Kites. Shinn boards, North Boards
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: Adapter to use Moses with inexpensive Aluminum Slingshot Masts

Postby richy-c » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:24 pm

Foil wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:03 pm
richy-c wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:40 pm
Foil wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:50 pm
Mine has just arrived here in the UK all the way from Texas, 5 days door to door.
I have just screwed it all together and pleasingly its 74cm when the base plate is fitted, which is better for the shallow spot I intend to use this at,
the black adaptor is really well engineered, machined from Aluminum alloy, it all fits and looks great.

I now need to try it on the water to determine the exact base plate position in the board tracks as the base plate/mast fixing distance is different to my standard Moses carbon mast and the mast angle is slightly different, not a problem but will need a few goes to determine the exact correct position in the tracks.
thanks guys :thumb:
what size mast did you get?
71cm,
used it today and found the correct setting.
14 cm exactly from the back edge of the board to the back edge of the mast, the sharp mast edge, just before it enters the base plate adaptor,
this is quite a bit further back than the Moses mast setting,
this measurement is for the 633 and the 683s moses wing set, on the slingshot aluminum mast with the adapter.
and guess what?
it works very well,
I could not tell it was an aluminum mast whilst on the water, it felt great, the 71 mast (74cm with base plate) made for a very slashy feeling set up, very nimble indeed.
obviously the shorter mast has its limitations, and I was very aware I had to sail more carefully, every turn was taken with care,the water was not flat so speed had to kept down but it was very enjoyable to use despite the water shape, in this short length the heavier mast did not make any difference compared to using a carbon mast, I did have the 70cm Moses carbon mast 8 months back, but the price was silly, I used the value as a trade in against a kite,
so if anybody is thinking about this set up then don't worry, it works, and works well, I have the latest slingshot 71cm mast which look great in black with a gold slingshot logo, it sort of matches my Groove skate, also in black carbon and gold stripe.
That's very conforting to know thanks. Im glad ive made the right decision 👍

Brizair10
Rare Poster
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:44 am
Kiting since: 2012
Gear: Onda 633, Old Tube kites, soul10
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Adapter to use Moses with inexpensive Aluminum Slingshot Masts

Postby Brizair10 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:32 am

Hi,

does anyone know if the adapter would fit a 2017 Cabrinha Double Agent Mast ?
Older Cabrinha and slingshot masts look about the same....

Thanks...

richy-c
Rare Poster
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 7:48 pm
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: Ainsdale, Cleethorpes, Rhosneigr, Los lances Tarifa. Mar menor Murcia, El Medano Tenerife
Gear: Best Kites. Shinn boards, North Boards
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: Adapter to use Moses with inexpensive Aluminum Slingshot Masts

Postby richy-c » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:46 pm

Brizair10 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:32 am
Hi,

does anyone know if the adapter would fit a 2017 Cabrinha Double Agent Mast ?
Older Cabrinha and slingshot masts look about the same....

Thanks...
Hi i very much doubt it they all have different bolt spacings and mast shape.

Brizair10
Rare Poster
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:44 am
Kiting since: 2012
Gear: Onda 633, Old Tube kites, soul10
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Adapter to use Moses with inexpensive Aluminum Slingshot Masts

Postby Brizair10 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:49 pm

Thank you.....
Seems it doesn´t work...

grigorib
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1353
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:12 pm
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Clinton Lake, IL; Lake Michigan; Tawas, MI; OBX; SPI
Gear: Kites: Slingshot Rally 5/7/9/11m, Slingshot Turbine 9m, Flysurfer Speed4 10m, Peter Lynn Venom II ARC 16m
Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, Slingshot/Moses 91cm/42” masts 590/633 wings, Slingshot Dwarfcraft 42", MBS Comp 95x

For sale: Slingshot Coupe 6'
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: Adapter to use Moses with inexpensive Aluminum Slingshot Masts

Postby grigorib » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:50 pm

Brizair10 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:32 am
Hi,

does anyone know if the adapter would fit a 2017 Cabrinha Double Agent Mast ?
Older Cabrinha and slingshot masts look about the same....

Thanks...
Slingshot mast has 51mm (2") spacing of M8 mount holes. If it fits it sits (like a cat)

Brizair10
Rare Poster
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:44 am
Kiting since: 2012
Gear: Onda 633, Old Tube kites, soul10
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Adapter to use Moses with inexpensive Aluminum Slingshot Masts

Postby Brizair10 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:38 pm

The Cabrinha hole spacing is about ¼” off as with all brands they are different. Only slingshot seems to fit.

grigorib
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1353
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:12 pm
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Clinton Lake, IL; Lake Michigan; Tawas, MI; OBX; SPI
Gear: Kites: Slingshot Rally 5/7/9/11m, Slingshot Turbine 9m, Flysurfer Speed4 10m, Peter Lynn Venom II ARC 16m
Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, Slingshot/Moses 91cm/42” masts 590/633 wings, Slingshot Dwarfcraft 42", MBS Comp 95x

For sale: Slingshot Coupe 6'
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: Adapter to use Moses with inexpensive Aluminum Slingshot Masts

Postby grigorib » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:19 am

Brizair10 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:38 pm
The Cabrinha hole spacing is about ¼” off as with all brands they are different. Only slingshot seems to fit.
Call Houston kiteboarding. They might be able to make a piece with custom spacing for you. It’s just a hole off and they can extend their offering to lure Cabrinha owners to ride pretty Mosses wings.
As long as you can measure it precisely.

Foil
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 546
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:44 pm
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Newbrighton near Liverpool
Favorite Beaches: Flag beach for the Foil, Rhosneigr for the Foil and twintip.
Style: improving foiler.
Gear: Moses T38 full carbon Ltd edition nbr 3
2019 groove skate naked carbon. 120
101cm Moses Carbon masts
71/90cm slingshot masts with moses adaptor
Moses- 633 wing set
Moses - 683s wing set
Ozone V4 Reo 6/7/8/9
Ozone Alpha V1 10/12
Nobile 50/50 twin tip
North 2018 click bars with Q power lines
massive grin
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 26 times

Re: Adapter to use Moses with inexpensive Aluminum Slingshot Masts

Postby Foil » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:11 am

grigorib wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:19 am
Brizair10 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:38 pm
The Cabrinha hole spacing is about ¼” off as with all brands they are different. Only slingshot seems to fit.
Call Houston kiteboarding. They might be able to make a piece with custom spacing for you. It’s just a hole off and they can extend their offering to lure Cabrinha owners to ride pretty Mosses wings.
As long as you can measure it precisely.
looking at the adaptor I dont think it can be altered in any way, the wall thickness between the 8mm bolt holes for the mast and the 6mm fuse holes run closely together, so enlarging the holes looks nigh impossible,
making a new adaptor will be needed imo,
it is though a very neat bit of kit, not something I could knock up in my garage, that's for sure


Return to “Hydrofoil”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bragnouff and 4 guests

cron