Very Frequent Poster
Style: wave foiling
Gear: This and that
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Which set do you recommend?

Postby slowboat » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:17 pm

Pellesurf wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:35 pm
I talked to dealers for LF about boards, wings and my riding style. He said that the board's size is important in the contact and experience of the foil. I'm actually quite satisfied with my Rocket wing properties, although more speed would be fun. I am now thinking about just buying a smaller board (LF Galaxy V2 4'2) and try with my Rocket wing. What do you think ?
The board makes a bigger difference than you can imagine. I was skeptical until I tried a small board. Sold my large board immediately. If you are staying on foil for most of your riding, get a small board now. If you get that Galaxy, you will be down sizing again soon. I suggest something in the 37 to 42 inch range.
These users thanked the author slowboat for the post:
Pellesurf (Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:53 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

marekmk
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: africa, new zealand, madagascar, LA, brazil prea, ect
Style: twin tip, strapless surf board, foil
Gear: this year (15) teaching & riding on f-one, Ozone, North Kites
Ocean Rodeo Duke board, Nugget board, Bomb and more
Kentos foil
Has thanked: 0

Postby marekmk » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:03 am

highly recommend KETOS, great wings, fantastic service ect..........I,m on my third wing and they just keep on getting smoother and more responsive without ever being unpredictable.........https://www.ketos-foil.com
These users thanked the author marekmk for the post:
Pellesurf (Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:48 am)
Rating: 3.03%

drone
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Latvia's coast Beaches
Style: Freeride, foil, snow, ice.
Gear: FS, SS, LF, C, N, B.

Postby drone » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:18 pm

I also had Rocket foil, updated to LF Impulse foil. More lift, stabile, a bit faster and silent :) nice for waves.
Have to buy only wings ~600 eur.

tegirinenashi
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: 3rd Ave
Gear: Bates 4000, Dominator MX-10

Postby tegirinenashi » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:14 pm

Are you sure Impulse is faster than Rocket? If you indeed noticed speed increase, then I suspect it is due to your improved foiling skills. Because for larger 1200cm^2 Impulse wing to be faster than 800cm^2 Rocket, the Rocket has to have major design flaw. Seen rocket being unchanged in 3 generations, I'd suggest it's a pretty darn good wing.

P.S. A cursory glance on LF fact sheets
http://liquidforcekites.com/product/imp ... bon-wings/
http://liquidforcekites.com/product/rocket-v2-wings/
with "comfort zone" and "top speed" numbers for both wings confirmed that intuition.

drone
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Latvia's coast Beaches
Style: Freeride, foil, snow, ice.
Gear: FS, SS, LF, C, N, B.

Postby drone » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:31 am

tegirinenashi wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:14 pm
Are you sure Impulse is faster than Rocket? If you indeed noticed speed increase, then I suspect it is due to your improved foiling skills. Because for larger 1200cm^2 Impulse wing to be faster than 800cm^2 Rocket, the Rocket has to have major design flaw. Seen rocket being unchanged in 3 generations, I'd suggest it's a pretty darn good wing.

P.S. A cursory glance on LF fact sheets
http://liquidforcekites.com/product/imp ... bon-wings/
http://liquidforcekites.com/product/rocket-v2-wings/
with "comfort zone" and "top speed" numbers for both wings confirmed that intuition.
You right, I compared gps track, rocket are 2-3 km/h faster in average and max speed.
May be it's felt so because impulse compared to rocket are silent at higher speeds and more comfortable.
It's only first impression, had only few sessions on impulse, winter now.

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:14 pm

marekmk wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:03 am
highly recommend KETOS, great wings, fantastic service ect..........I,m on my third wing and they just keep on getting smoother and more responsive without ever being unpredictable.........https://www.ketos-foil.com

Can only agree - they are not low cost no, but they are amazing and maybe "simply the best" in terms of freestyle/freeride/wave so you wont go wrong.
Not saying others arent as good, just that you cant go wrong with these :wink:

A handful of us in our location here in the center of Denmark, ride the WaveXL wing for freestyle and light wind and waves.

By far my most used wing, eventhough I have 5 different wings now. Next most used is a Surf wing, 1200 cm2.

My buddies here have also fallen in love with the Wave XL wing, size close to 800 cm2, really fast in terms of liveliness, and can also ride fast so good for jumping or just strapless overall fun in all conditions, flat or choppy or waves.

The Pocket 130 board is a good "one board for all" both light wind and high winds and waves :D

Above combination can only be recommended highly, when you want to "move on" as you write Pellesurf :thumb:

8) Peter

Full Carbon board and foil WaveXL wing with 130 Pocket board:
FullCarbon.jpg

Return to “Hydrofoil”