Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Moses 790 wings

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
xulpix
Rare Poster
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:45 am
Local Beach: Oka, Mont-tremblant, Quebec, Canada
Style: freeride
Gear: Flysurfer Soul 15-10-6m
Moses 101, 790 wing
Brand Affiliation: www.Kitexpress.ca
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 2 times

Moses 790 wings

Postby xulpix » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:14 am

Any review for this? Anyone tried?

Thanks!

Foil
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1303
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:44 pm
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: New Brighton- nr Liverpool. Open sea with big low tide lagoon
Favorite Beaches: New Brighton, Rhosneigr, Fleetwood, Newbrough
lake Como (Italy)
Style: hydro foiler since 2017
Gear: Groove Skate 110 custom graphics, 2021 editions
101cm and 91cm SABMoses wood core masts
Moses- 633/483 on 701 fuse
Ozone Hyperlink V1 ultra light 5mtr
Ozone V2 Hyperlink 7mtr + 9mtr
Ozone Chrono V4 foil kite 11mtr, red
Duotone click bar 2020, my own custom made lines
Ozone waterfoil click in bar, my own custom made lines
Core sector 2s bar custom lines made by me
ION B2 seat harness,rope slider, new 2021 stretchy material
massive grin
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 110 times
Been thanked: 262 times

Re: Moses 790 wings

Postby Foil » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:48 pm

edit due to my mistake :oops:

LeoLeal
Medium Poster
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:17 am
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Maracaípe, ilha de Itamaracá
Favorite Beaches: Maracaípe (PE)
Ilha de Itamaracá (PE)
Ponta de Campina (PB)
Barra do Cunhau (RN)
São Miguel do gostoso ( RN)
Style: Freeride, Strapless Freestyle
Gear: Drifter 12m 2019
Peak4 8m & 5m
Pro Voke 5.1"
Trax 132
Slingshot Hoverglide H5 / H3 / H4 + Pocket 1.23m 18L
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: RECIFE - BRAZIL
Has thanked: 63 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: Moses 790 wings

Postby LeoLeal » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:49 am

Does anyone have tried this wing? Is it good for kitefoiling in wave ? What else this wing are good?

Foil
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1303
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:44 pm
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: New Brighton- nr Liverpool. Open sea with big low tide lagoon
Favorite Beaches: New Brighton, Rhosneigr, Fleetwood, Newbrough
lake Como (Italy)
Style: hydro foiler since 2017
Gear: Groove Skate 110 custom graphics, 2021 editions
101cm and 91cm SABMoses wood core masts
Moses- 633/483 on 701 fuse
Ozone Hyperlink V1 ultra light 5mtr
Ozone V2 Hyperlink 7mtr + 9mtr
Ozone Chrono V4 foil kite 11mtr, red
Duotone click bar 2020, my own custom made lines
Ozone waterfoil click in bar, my own custom made lines
Core sector 2s bar custom lines made by me
ION B2 seat harness,rope slider, new 2021 stretchy material
massive grin
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 110 times
Been thanked: 262 times

Re: Moses 790 wings

Postby Foil » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:31 pm

LeoLeal wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:49 am
Does anyone have tried this wing? Is it good for kitefoiling in wave ? What else this wing are good?
I had one for a while and kitefoiled with it in very very light airs, under 7knts with a 13 or 15mtr U' light V3 Chronos.
it almost refuses to stall, and many times had to jump off to stop as it slowly glided into the shore,
Great for boosting as well, and a few times on landing, the foil just skimmed along on top of the water, which was amazing and I was claiming it as a trick,
So it's a great tool for letting you be the only one out on the water, it's not fast, fast enough but the lift is immense and control becomes an issue if conditions are just less than perfect, if the winds pick up slightly then getting downind is not fun, its scary! and to gain back control I was just turning back upwind to hold the wing down, and speed control on toeside can be entertaining.
for me it became tiresome to use, unless the wind was just mega light and stayed so, I just became arghh dam this wing, it became a session spoiler as I found myself fighting it too many times,
but every one should try one, with a big kite on flat water in 5-6 knots maximum,
and try boosting it, it will make you laugh out loud.
I very rarely miss it, apart from the few times I could do with a wing beneath me that will pump along happily till your legs are done, at pumping it was just great fun.
and before anyone asks, its not great with a small kite.
the 633 is just way more fun in mega light airs.
These users thanked the author Foil for the post:
LeoLeal (Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:15 am)
Rating: 6.67%

Qiter
Medium Poster
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:17 pm
Gear: Mostly foil
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 34 times

Re: Moses 790 wings

Postby Qiter » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:40 pm

I only partly agree with Foils assessment above: Everything mentioned about the low end of the foil is true, it is amazing if you look at exploring the very low end of the wind range. Compared to the 633, it gives you approximately 1 knot more low end. I also used it as an alternative to the 633 or 679 when I wanted to use a smaller kite (9m instead of 12m). With 1500cm2, it is clear that its not the fastest, but I am amazed that I can do almost all manoueuvers I can do on the smaller wings also on the 790, its just a bit slower. I have never ridden it overpowered, so I cannot comment on this aspect.
Its my goto wing in borderline conditions, a "session saver"..

So if you are looking for an addition for the lower end of the wind range and you ride tube kites, its definitely a good choice! Of course, if you have a big foil kite, you probably dont need it, as smaller wings will also do the job.
These users thanked the author Qiter for the post:
LeoLeal (Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:18 am)
Rating: 6.67%

User avatar
Frankieboy
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 994
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:05 pm
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 34 times

Re: Moses 790 wings

Postby Frankieboy » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:06 pm

I use it for winging in stronger winds (also have the 1100) and for kiting when it is worth it (I mostly use the 633)

For me it is not a matter of light wind potential as I only need a kite that pulls me out of the water. Once out of the water, the 633 gives me plenty of low end, no problem.

I use the 790 with my peaks when I want to ride the swell or waves, no matter the wind. You can just use the swell without the power of the kite (like on the wingding, except you still have some pull). I can't do that with the 633 being 100kg.

790 compared to 633: slower, lower stall speed, and everything you would expect from a large surf wing.

Cruising speed for me is 12-15 knots

I use the 790 with 450 stab and 633 with 425 stab. Both are very wel balanced this way.
These users thanked the author Frankieboy for the post:
LeoLeal (Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:42 am)
Rating: 6.67%

LeoLeal
Medium Poster
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:17 am
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Maracaípe, ilha de Itamaracá
Favorite Beaches: Maracaípe (PE)
Ilha de Itamaracá (PE)
Ponta de Campina (PB)
Barra do Cunhau (RN)
São Miguel do gostoso ( RN)
Style: Freeride, Strapless Freestyle
Gear: Drifter 12m 2019
Peak4 8m & 5m
Pro Voke 5.1"
Trax 132
Slingshot Hoverglide H5 / H3 / H4 + Pocket 1.23m 18L
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: RECIFE - BRAZIL
Has thanked: 63 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: Moses 790 wings

Postby LeoLeal » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:42 am

Frankieboy wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:06 pm
I use it for winging in stronger winds (also have the 1100) and for kiting when it is worth it (I mostly use the 633)

For me it is not a matter of light wind potential as I only need a kite that pulls me out of the water. Once out of the water, the 633 gives me plenty of low end, no problem.

I use the 790 with my peaks when I want to ride the swell or waves, no matter the wind. You can just use the swell without the power of the kite (like on the wingding, except you still have some pull). I can't do that with the 633 being 100kg.

790 compared to 633: slower, lower stall speed, and everything you would expect from a large surf wing.

Cruising speed for me is 12-15 knots

I use the 790 with 450 stab and 633 with 425 stab. Both are very wel balanced this way.
Frankie boy, this is what I'm talking about. I do have a Peak4 5 m² and I already use a 1500cm² 65cm wingspan (Space Skate) for ride swell and knee low height waves. I do like my wing but I definitely wanna something with more glide. I'm 82kg and my intention is ride in 10 to 15knots.

User avatar
gmb13
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1770
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:19 am
Kiting since: 1998
Local Beach: Flag Beach, Fuerteventura
Style: Everything
Gear: North Kiteboarding, Moses Hydrofoil, Mystic, Indiana SUP
Brand Affiliation: North Kiteboarding, Moses Hydrofoil, Mystic, Indiana SUP
Location: Fuerteventura
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 190 times
Contact:

Re: Moses 790 wings

Postby gmb13 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:47 am

LeoLeal wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:49 am
Does anyone have tried this wing? Is it good for kitefoiling in wave ? What else this wing are good?
These users thanked the author gmb13 for the post:
LeoLeal (Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:41 pm)
Rating: 6.67%

User avatar
Frankieboy
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 994
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:05 pm
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 34 times

Re: Moses 790 wings

Postby Frankieboy » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:40 pm

LeoLeal wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:42 am
Frankieboy wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:06 pm
I use it for winging in stronger winds (also have the 1100) and for kiting when it is worth it (I mostly use the 633)

For me it is not a matter of light wind potential as I only need a kite that pulls me out of the water. Once out of the water, the 633 gives me plenty of low end, no problem.

I use the 790 with my peaks when I want to ride the swell or waves, no matter the wind. You can just use the swell without the power of the kite (like on the wingding, except you still have some pull). I can't do that with the 633 being 100kg.

790 compared to 633: slower, lower stall speed, and everything you would expect from a large surf wing.

Cruising speed for me is 12-15 knots

I use the 790 with 450 stab and 633 with 425 stab. Both are very wel balanced this way.
Frankie boy, this is what I'm talking about. I do have a Peak4 5 m² and I already use a 1500cm² 65cm wingspan (Space Skate) for ride swell and knee low height waves. I do like my wing but I definitely wanna something with more glide. I'm 82kg and my intention is ride in 10 to 15knots.
I would go for a more HA wing if you want more glide and ride swell but be carefull not ending with a foil that is too fast. Not a problem with a wing but think about the kite you don't want to drop it
HA = more speed and glide, long turns (swell)
Low AR = slower and better short turns (waves)
These users thanked the author Frankieboy for the post:
LeoLeal (Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:42 pm)
Rating: 6.67%

grigorib
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2944
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:12 pm
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: OBX; Clinton Lake, IL; Lake Michigan; La Ventana; SPI; Hood River; Tawas, MI
Gear: Kites: Slingshot Rally 5/7/9/11m, Turbine 9m, SST 4/5/7m, UFO 5/7/9m, Flysurfer Speed4 10m standard, Peter Lynn Venom II ARC 16m

Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Flysurfer Radical6 138, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, Slingshot/Moses/RDB 70/90/91/101cm masts with 1200/860/800/695/730/600/637 wings and 310/273/230/425/420 stabilizers, 36" Woody, Slingshot Dwarfcraft Micro 3'6" 2019-2020, MBS Comp 95x

For sale: Slingshot/Moses 80cm alu mast $240. W695 wing, 1200 sq.cm wing, 273 sq.cm stabilizer
.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 258 times
Been thanked: 367 times

Re: Moses 790 wings

Postby grigorib » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:50 pm

There’s new 950 wing out with comparable area as H4(SpaceSkate) and 790, yet higher aspect 5.6 vs 3.9 for 790 and I’d consider 1600 sq.cm a “lightwindiest wing” for kiting. For me even 633 is pretty slow and it is thinner than 790 but for those riding ultimate lightwind I’d say 950 should be awesome


Return to “Hydrofoil”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests