alowishus
Medium Poster
Gear: ozone airush slingshot moses
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: The Hydrofoil Air Jibe w/Foot Stance Change & Downloop

Postby alowishus » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:27 am

Kamikuza wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:54 am
I've the 820 SUP wing (~1600cm2 IIRC), and the few times I've taken a GPS out with me, my moving average was over 15mph :lol: just over 22 mph for the max speed but I know I've been faster when I caught multiple waves at the beach this year :o
Pretty good top end for 1600cm2 methinks. How’s the front foot pressure when you are getting up there?

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:12 am

alowishus wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:27 am
Kamikuza wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:54 am
I've the 820 SUP wing (~1600cm2 IIRC), and the few times I've taken a GPS out with me, my moving average was over 15mph :lol: just over 22 mph for the max speed but I know I've been faster when I caught multiple waves at the beach this year :o
Pretty good top end for 1600cm2 methinks. How’s the front foot pressure when you are getting up there?
Trim changes very little; it's why I've loved the three Axis wings I've owned. You can down loop suddenly and blast off downwind and you don't have to compensate.

I'm not loading it up to race or crank upwind though, those top speed runs were riding on wind-driven swell on a beam or broad reach.
181113.jpeg
181113mov.gif
181113mov.gif (1.31 MiB) Viewed 476 times

Okkiteboarder
Medium Poster
Local Beach: I kite in Oklahoma at Lake Keystone, Hefner, and Eufaula Lake
Favorite Beaches: My favorite beaches are: Maui, Cozumel, St. Pete, and home in Oklahoma
Style: Kite Foil and Wingfoil
Gear: Flysurfer, Delta Foils, FOne, jAxis, and Duotone
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Okkiteboarder » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:04 pm

tomtom wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:36 pm
I dont know why you praise downloop as some magical super cool move. For me while gibe it is zero difference if I downloop or just redirect kite to other side. Hard part is foot switch. Em I missing something?
Tomtom, i don’t see the downloop as a “magical super cool move”. I see it as a requirement at times, such as in lighter conditions when flying a 12m Soul. Probably not as necessary with LEIs and with smaller foil kites, as I have only needed to downloop on an 8m Soul when in 9-12mph winds.

Return to “Hydrofoil”