A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
- Medium Poster
- Posts: 110
- Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:03 pm
- Kiting since: 2002
- Local Beach: mar menor,Spain
- Favorite Beaches: la llana,los narejos
- Gear: ozone kites ,HL and LEIs,liquid force solos,Peter Lynn Swell,shinn jackson and P foil,north fish.ocean rodeo mako
- Brand Affiliation: ozone,peter lynn,shinn
- Location: Murcia,Spain
Have the dakine chameleon with 8 in option spreader (rope)
gen 1 coming undone solved by dumping the red clip and reversing metal clasp ala ride engine.I use it with the 'nappy' legs straps ,not cool looking but super comfy.
- Frequent Poster
- Posts: 455
- Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:38 am
- Kiting since: 2012
- Local Beach: Kijkduin, IJmuiden, Schellinkhout, Wijk aan Zee, Marina, Mirns.
- Style: Freeride
- Gear: Best Roca 4m, Naish Boxer 6 and 9m, GA Pure 8m Naish Trip 10m, Gong strutless 11m Modded Waroo 14m.
Mako 135x38 Mako 140x40 & Mako King 165x45, Crazyfly Bulldozer, T40 Moses Vorace Hydrofoil + Gong Wings
- Brand Affiliation: None
- Location: Amsterdam
FLandOBX wrote: ↑
Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:35 pm
If you have the option of going with 8" or 12", I'd choose the 12". The Dakine spreader bars (like most others) are curved so that, if the bar is too small, the ends of the bar will dig into your abdomen. If the bar is too long, the bar will curve around your abdomen, but not dig in. I've always used 12" Dakine spreader bars for that reason.
Thanks for this consideration.
I am not a fan of the Dakine option spreader bar.
Generation one would come unlatched but only when you rode toe side.
Generation two has a very long attachment buckle on the right side, that seemed to correct the coming unlatched issue but, it seemed to make the loading uneven. The solution seemed to be leave more slack on the left side. This could be an issue if you use the longer 12” as it might be too big.
I think there are better slider options on the market. Just my opinion.
Sounds like you have investigated a lot of them. What is (value for money) in your opinion the best one?
- Very Frequent Poster
- Posts: 1154
- Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2003 1:00 am
The two spreaders I’ve used and prefer are the ion cbar, and the mystic stealth bar.
As far as value, something that works seems to me a better value than something that doesn’t. I’ve used dakine harnesses and hooks for decades but I think they didn’t get the rope slider right.
- These users thanked the author purdyd for the post:
- Peert (Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:32 am)
Return to “Hydrofoil”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: wavy navy and 7 guests