Kiting since: 2006
Gear: Ozone Moses Shinn Best
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Shinn Jackson - Sunburner

Postby richy-c » Fri May 17, 2019 6:44 pm

mar menor wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 6:12 pm
Onda 633 is a wing ,not a board ???
Onda is great but not as durable as a P foil....also hard to buy a second hand moses
The discussion above i think is incorporating the foil as they come as a package. Just a big heavy setup in my opinion.

richy-c
Frequent Poster

Postby richy-c » Fri May 17, 2019 7:19 pm

mar menor wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 6:12 pm
Onda 633 is a wing ,not a board ???
Onda is great but not as durable as a P foil....also hard to buy a second hand moses
Out of interest have you heard of the cracking problem around the bolts on the wings around where they attach to the fuselage? I hear its because the wing sits on top of the mast so is constantly being forced upwards. A friend of mine had this issue.

mar menor
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 70kgs
Local Beach: Mar Menor - los narejos ,la llana, Cabo de palos
Favorite Beaches: Calblanque, El Pinet
Gear: Ozone Alpha V2 10m,PLKB Ozone Alpha v1 8m,PLKB Synergy and Swell 8m & 6m
Boards-Groove skate and moses 633 and 679,north fish.ocean rodeo mako,Nobile 666
Brand Affiliation: Ozone ,PLKB,Prolimit

Postby mar menor » Fri May 17, 2019 8:03 pm

Classic 'losing argument avoidance tactic= introduce new question ,not remotely connected to topic'
Sounds like you have issues with Shinn??
Thread is titled 'Sunburner' . EXACTLY how many hours have you ridden it? And even if you have ridden ( which I doubt) how valid is your opinion ( level of hydrofoiling/years of foiling experience? )Your comments " I hear" and " A friend of mine" comments" hardly constitute irrefutable facts...
Think you should start a new thread titled
'Everything I hate about Shinn foils'
OVER and OUT

Kitetwin-1
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle point
The BlueWater Bridge
Brights Grove
Favorite Beaches: Cuba cayo Guillermo
Turks Long Bay
Hatteras of course
St Lucia
Style: Free ride and foiling
Gear: Cabrinha

Postby Kitetwin-1 » Fri May 17, 2019 8:55 pm

I have a 2018 shinn Jackson and am quite happy with it. I am using a zeeko green and white with the carver wing. The board is solid, well made and inexpensive. Buy it for what it is.

haiku
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Latina beach Italy and...Naish beach Maui
Favorite Beaches: Latina, Porto Pollo - Italy , Kitebeach. Kihei - Maui
Style: old and new school
Gear: Flysurfer Sonic FR, Speed, Boost, Cronix, Naish Pivot, Flysurfer Radical 5, Door 5, Kazuma custom wave boards

Postby haiku » Sat May 18, 2019 11:11 am

I agree with Kitewin-1. I own a lot of foil boards, Groove, Newind, Nobile and obviously the Shinn Jackson. When I learn new tricks I have no worries at all about any ding on scratch on It. It is heavy yes, but It is bomb proof. I also have a model Mega K and a P foil, also very solid. I prefer my expensive full carbon foils (Ketos, MHL and Horue) but again for learning I use the Shinn combo.

Cheers

Carlo
Attachments
DSC00885.jpg
DSC00885.jpg (63.57 KiB) Viewed 1242 times
DSC00865.jpg
DSC00865.jpg (96.34 KiB) Viewed 1242 times

richy-c
Frequent Poster

Postby richy-c » Sat May 18, 2019 3:47 pm

mar menor wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 8:03 pm
Classic 'losing argument avoidance tactic= introduce new question ,not remotely connected to topic'
Sounds like you have issues with Shinn??
Thread is titled 'Sunburner' . EXACTLY how many hours have you ridden it? And even if you have ridden ( which I doubt) how valid is your opinion ( level of hydrofoiling/years of foiling experience? )Your comments " I hear" and " A friend of mine" comments" hardly constitute irrefutable facts...
Think you should start a new thread titled
'Everything I hate about Shinn foils'
OVER and OUT
Thank you for your kind words. I have been riding Shinn gear since 2007 and love it. I currently have a shinnster and a shinn twintip. In my opinion the Jackson was heavy and not very durable. I was warned off the Jackson set up by a few riders who were having various issues. All the best.

mar menor
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 70kgs
Local Beach: Mar Menor - los narejos ,la llana, Cabo de palos
Favorite Beaches: Calblanque, El Pinet
Gear: Ozone Alpha V2 10m,PLKB Ozone Alpha v1 8m,PLKB Synergy and Swell 8m & 6m
Boards-Groove skate and moses 633 and 679,north fish.ocean rodeo mako,Nobile 666
Brand Affiliation: Ozone ,PLKB,Prolimit

Postby mar menor » Sat May 18, 2019 4:17 pm

In my opinion ,if "a few riders" (vague ) have "various issues" (even more vague) they should contact the company to resolve the issue . ONLY if the company does not respond should they or someone by 'hearsay' post general pejorative remarks on a public forum.As the thread is titled Sunburner (with reference also to the new K foil ) I welcome comments from people who have ACTUALLY ridden them.

NEkitesurfing
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

Postby NEkitesurfing » Fri May 24, 2019 5:37 pm

This new version of the Jackson looks amazing! I was very happy with the previous Jackson that I sold recently to buy the new version. The Jackson I know was the stiffest board in the robust and hazzle free snowboard construction category that I could find. It was not heavier than competitors boards. I could travel with it without getting a headache and a repair kit. Air travel didnt even caused any scratch on it. The trim track system allowed me to try different foils on it without the necessity to change foot strap positions. Even this year this is not standard at all foilboarding brands.

The new K2 Foil description sounds promissing as well. For hydrodynamic reasons and simplicity other companies changed to top mounting as well.

As soon as I have received the Sunburner and K2-Foil I will post pictures and hopefully can give some impressions on how it feels for me in the water.

dkazhdan
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2016
Weight: 200 lb
Local Beach: Miami beach
Style: foil
Gear: airush

Postby dkazhdan » Fri May 24, 2019 6:14 pm

my problem with the jackson board is that the pad keeps peeling off no matter what i do.
i used contact cement to glue it and tried to attach it with gorilla tape, nothing helps, the whole thing is hanging on treads now.

if someone has experience fixing it i'd appreciate an advise,
regards

SonnyRider
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: A muddy estuary 40 miles from home called Weston super mare.
Favorite Beaches: So many. In no particular order - Outer Hebrides, Wales, Cornwall, Mauritius, Cape Verde, Portugal, Brazil, Barbados, Sardinia
Style: Strapless surfboard & strapless foiling
Gear: Airush Wave 7, 9, 10, Ultra v2's 7, 10, 14 and sometimes my GF's Airush Diamonds, 5.5, 7, 9, 12, Varial X 14m

Firewire Evo Helium 5'3" , Airush Converse 6'. Shinn Mega k carbon with a 75cm mast. Building a 120 carbon pocket board
Brand Affiliation: I like the build & ethics and kites from Airush. I've had Ozone, Liquid Force, PLKB, Flexifoil

Postby SonnyRider » Fri May 24, 2019 6:24 pm

dkazhdan wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 6:14 pm
my problem with the jackson board is that the pad keeps peeling off no matter what i do.
i used contact cement to glue it and tried to attach it with gorilla tape, nothing helps, the whole thing is hanging on treads now.

if someone has experience fixing it i'd appreciate an advise,
regards
'stormsure glue' worked on mine when it lifted the edge.
These users thanked the author SonnyRider for the post:
dkazhdan (Fri May 24, 2019 6:34 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Return to “Hydrofoil”