Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Delta Hydrofoil Review - Interchangeable Front Wing Performance Setup

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
Okkiteboarder
Medium Poster
Local Beach: I kite in Oklahoma at Lake Keystone, Hefner, and Eufaula Lake
Favorite Beaches: My favorite beaches are: Maui, Cozumel, St. Pete, and home in Oklahoma
Style: Kite Foil and Wingfoil
Gear: Flysurfer, Delta Foils, FOne, jAxis, and Duotone
Brand Affiliation: None

Delta Hydrofoil Review - Interchangeable Front Wing Performance Setup

Postby Okkiteboarder » Fri May 17, 2019 11:04 pm

A review of the affordable, performance level, interchangeable front wing, foil system by Delta. A foil for great lift, stability, and progression.

NYKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Wave
Gear: .

Re: Delta Hydrofoil Review- Interchangeable Front Wing Performance Setup

Postby NYKiter » Fri May 17, 2019 11:46 pm

Made in China now?

cnski
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0

Re: Delta Hydrofoil Review- Interchangeable Front Wing Performance Setup

Postby cnski » Sat May 18, 2019 4:52 pm

Yes, Delta is producing foils in China but you can still order a custom foil too. I have the Chinese made surf foil and I really like it. Use it for kiting too. Stiff and light. It has held up well and I weigh 235lbs. I am using a custom 28” long fuse that I think gives even more stability for transitions. I have a custom Delta race and freeride foil. Lots of cool things coming out from one of the two premier custom foil makers in the USA.

trod27
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Utah
Favorite Beaches: Gorge, Los Barilles, Deer Creek
Style: freestyle
Gear: Slingshot, Moses

Re: Delta Hydrofoil Review - Interchangeable Front Wing Performance Setup

Postby trod27 » Sat May 18, 2019 6:55 pm

That custom fuse and foil set up sounds good. Got any photos?
These users thanked the author trod27 for the post:
francis luengo (Sat May 18, 2019 10:41 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

NYKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Wave
Gear: .

Postby NYKiter » Mon May 20, 2019 6:57 pm

something tells me George may not be making them anymore....no contact for him on the website...did he sell things off?

davesails7
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 75 kg
Local Beach: Virginia Beach
Style: Race
Gear: ML B3
R1V2 11. VMG 13, 15, 18
OR Mako 130x35

Postby davesails7 » Mon May 20, 2019 8:18 pm

NYKiter wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 6:57 pm
did he sell things off?
I dont think so. He's in the video. Although maybe he's just a foil model now :D

cnski
Medium Poster

Postby cnski » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:51 pm

Got a sweet new surf,kite,tow board from Delta. It's 3'10" x 18" x 2.75" and weight came in just over 4 lbs. with two 1 in. wide Paulownia stringers running through the board for strength and foil mounting. Lots of carbon!! Ordered the board for light-wind and winter use. Been riding a KS 37" and a Groove 110, which I snapped in half. The board is so light that the swing weight is minimal and the extra volume really helps me get up on foil in very light wind. I've been kitefoiling on his new MONO wing which is 1500 cm2. This wing is unbelievable. Incredibly stable. Does amazing s-turns and loves swellriding. Has a very nice take-off that is gradual and not unruly. It is designed to be ridden as a mono wing (without stabilizer) but is just as good, if not better with a stabilizer. Would be a great learner foil that you won't outgrow. This is a big wing that doesn't feel big and is incredibly fast if you push it. Seriously FAST. Small guys are riding it in all wind condtions too. It has a new airfoil section and some trick design elements that just seems to work really well. I believe he applied for a patent on it. Some Florida pros are going nuts over it. He just made the mold for the MONO XL which is 1880 cm2. A 1200ish will likely be available at some point too, although we feel the 1500 is all you need for kiting. These wings work well for kite, surf, SUP and wing foiling. He now has multiple mast sizes available. 24", 28", 32" and 36". Carbon wings and fuse. Carbon plate strut mount. Aluminum strut. The aluminum strut is only slightly heavier than a UHM strut and just as stiff. Extra struts cost $150. The MONO foil complete is $1250 with a 30 day money back no questions asked return. I think that is a damn good bargain for a top quality foil. George doesn't really promote his stuff that well and spends all his time designing, building and testing. He is my neightbor and I pay for my stuff BTW.
Attachments
IMG_2959.JPG
IMG_2959.JPG (186.39 KiB) Viewed 1098 times
IMG_2958.JPG
IMG_2958.JPG (193.7 KiB) Viewed 1098 times
IMG_2962.JPG
IMG_2962.JPG (183.77 KiB) Viewed 1098 times
IMG_2966.JPG
IMG_2966.JPG (152.78 KiB) Viewed 1098 times

jumptheshark
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Shhhhh
Favorite Beaches: Nude
Gear: The good stuff

Postby jumptheshark » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:28 am

Looks sick.

tomtom
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tomtom » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:37 am

cnski wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:51 pm
Got a sweet new surf,kite,tow board from Delta. It's 3'10" x 18" x 2.75" and weight came in just over 4 lbs. with two 1 in. wide Paulownia stringers running through the board for strength and foil mounting. Lots of carbon!! Ordered the board for light-wind and winter use. Been riding a KS 37" and a Groove 110, which I snapped in half. The board is so light that the swing weight is minimal and the extra volume really helps me get up on foil in very light wind. I've been kitefoiling on his new MONO wing which is 1500 cm2. This wing is unbelievable. Incredibly stable. Does amazing s-turns and loves swellriding. Has a very nice take-off that is gradual and not unruly. It is designed to be ridden as a mono wing (without stabilizer) but is just as good, if not better with a stabilizer. Would be a great learner foil that you won't outgrow. This is a big wing that doesn't feel big and is incredibly fast if you push it. Seriously FAST. Small guys are riding it in all wind condtions too. It has a new airfoil section and some trick design elements that just seems to work really well. I believe he applied for a patent on it. Some Florida pros are going nuts over it. He just made the mold for the MONO XL which is 1880 cm2. A 1200ish will likely be available at some point too, although we feel the 1500 is all you need for kiting. These wings work well for kite, surf, SUP and wing foiling. He now has multiple mast sizes available. 24", 28", 32" and 36". Carbon wings and fuse. Carbon plate strut mount. Aluminum strut. The aluminum strut is only slightly heavier than a UHM strut and just as stiff. Extra struts cost $150. The MONO foil complete is $1250 with a 30 day money back no questions asked return. I think that is a damn good bargain for a top quality foil. George doesn't really promote his stuff that well and spends all his time designing, building and testing. He is my neightbor and I pay for my stuff BTW.
Head to head with 633 /onda/? Onda is something like industry standard. Every other foil i rode /in this big freeride wing category/ is much worse. This is not Onda preaching - im actualy quite bored having samewing for almost 3 years. I very like to change but did not find nothing better yet.

slowboat
Very Frequent Poster
Style: wave foiling
Gear: This and that

Postby slowboat » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:36 am

There are many big free ride wings just as good as Onda, if not better (gets very subjective). I would suggest Ketos, Lift, MFC, Armstrong, new Delta (above) if you are looking for a change.

I have a lot of respect for Delta and what George has done with foils and I am sure above is a great wing but I personally cannot deal with an aluminum strut.

Return to “Hydrofoil”