North Speedster GT Combo

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
GTC
Frequent Poster
Gear: Naish

North Speedster GT Combo

Postby GTC » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:43 pm

Hi there,
I am looking for my first hydrofoil and just found a good offer on the North Speedster GT Combo.
Very little info out there... Anyone tried this wing?

I don't intend to kite in super light winds or achieve high speeds. For now I want something to have fun with my 9m in 14-20 knots.

Thanks in advance!

Craz Z
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: North Speedster GT Combo

Postby Craz Z » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:52 pm

I have this wing.(along with several others :D ) It will do exactly what your intentions are.

You can take it pretty low but not as low as say a surf wing. You can still also go fast but not as fast as a higher aspect wing. Its a middle of the road set. The winglets help keep it on track so its pretty ridgid and not loose like say a double agent, surfwing, etc. They are extremely sharp so no kicking which you shouldn't be doing anyway around any foil.

The winglets help alot with breaching and if you use it with the north profoil type board with beveled rails you can lay it over hard on one side and if one half of the wing comes out of the water it continues tracking no stalling.

all in all i'd say its as good as any entry/intermediate setup you'll have fun with it
These users thanked the author Craz Z for the post:
Puetz (Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:49 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

GTC
Frequent Poster
Gear: Naish

Postby GTC » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:47 pm

Thanks for your insights, Craz Z.
Looks like a good option for a beginner/intermediate foil. I will decide between the Speedster and the LF Thruster.
Regards!

nayy
Frequent Poster

Postby nayy » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:59 am

Very easy foil to start with... much easier than the F-one IC6. (my brother has the speedster, I started with the IC6)

Good low-end, but the high end is limited... and sometimes is starts to make noise at high speeds... (depends from foil to foil, some make noice others not)

Strong wing, takes the beginners abuse well ...

Pick a board with some volume, i find it harder to start on the TT-type boards.

Return to “Hydrofoil”