Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Liquid force Impulse v Moses Onda 91

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
mar menor
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: mar menor,Spain
Favorite Beaches: la llana,los narejos
Gear: ozone kites ,HL and LEIs,liquid force solos,Peter Lynn Swell,shinn jackson and P foil,north fish.ocean rodeo mako
Brand Affiliation: ozone,peter lynn,shinn

Liquid force Impulse v Moses Onda 91

Postby mar menor » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:06 pm

Anyone tested both? Also the LF Galaxy and Moses T38

Macster
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Local Beach: Melbourne
Gear: Moses and Ozone
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Liquid force Impulse v Moses Onda 91

Postby Macster » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:49 am

Well as it turns out you are in luck cause we own both of these setups.

I run the Moses 683s on the t38 board and 91cm mast off the fluente. My wife has the galaxy board and the impulse cloud wings with 70cm and 90cm masts.

Moses wins but I would happily ride both. Here's my simpleton take on the differences:

Boards: I like the galaxy as it's less buoyant has a sculpted deck that contours to your feet and is easier for strapless, doesn't have the t nuts stabbing into your feet like the Moses board and there are screw inserts to mount one foot strap on the front in the middle.

Both boards bounce you back up if you touch down and the Moses is a bit lighter. The galaxy's got this seem that runs around the edge / rail of the whole board which I have damaged when tying the board down tightly on my roof racks. It seems more fragile than the Moses.

Mast. The aluminium mast is wobbly and heavy compared to the Moses. This is my biggest complaint of the LF. I sUppose you get use to it after a while but it just doesnt feel aa tight and connect to you when under foot.

The LF wings are more stable, track straighter and will have you up on the foil in no time and doing air transitions like a pro. They are slower and less nimble than the 683s however. Also, the LF wings are more durable and a good option if you are learning.

Considering the price difference, I think the LF is a solid option and a really fun, free ride, learner to intermediate foil.

If you've got the budget go premium Moses but maybe pair it with a different board.

Kitehume
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Local Beach: Lake Hume, Australia.
Gear: Ocean rodeo prodigy 9.5m
Ocean rodeo flite 10m
Ocean rodeo prodigy 12m
FlySurfer Soul 12m
Ocean rodeo flite 14.5m
Shinn king gee 146x46
Shinn monk gold 135x42
Liquid force thruster foil

Postby Kitehume » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:16 am

I was cross shopping the Moses 633 or 683 against the Liquid force impulse foil. In the end I went for the impulse foil. Mainly because I’m a tight ass. And it’s great no regrets. One day I will reward myself with a Moses foil. But I’m in no hurry.

mar menor
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: mar menor,Spain
Favorite Beaches: la llana,los narejos
Gear: ozone kites ,HL and LEIs,liquid force solos,Peter Lynn Swell,shinn jackson and P foil,north fish.ocean rodeo mako
Brand Affiliation: ozone,peter lynn,shinn

Postby mar menor » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:59 am

Thank you both for your replies. Macster,I am looking for a comparison with the Onda 633 which I believe is more stable than the 683s? My concerns re Moses are the sharp edges on the wings and mast,seen a few people with nasty cuts from them (the Impulse is more rounded ,less sharp and less likely to cut you ? ) Regarding the Galaxy which size do you have? Have you tried the Moses foil with Galaxy board?

Kitehulme ,for tight ass (and I include myself in that category) Moses are bringing out a 'package' Onda 633 with their own aluminium mast,which will be much cheaper than the carbon (but much heavier)
Decisions,decisions......

grigorib
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: OBX; Clinton Lake, IL; Lake Michigan; Tawas, MI; SPI; La Ventana
Gear: Kites: Slingshot Rally 5/7/9/11m, Slingshot Turbine 9m, Flysurfer Speed4 10m standard, Peter Lynn Venom II ARC 16m
Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, Slingshot/Moses 80/91/105cm masts 590/683s/633 wings, Tim's 36" "woody", Slingshot Micro 3'6", MBS Comp 95x

For sale: Slingshot SST 5m 2018 $500, Slingshot SST 6m 2018 $600, Slingshot SST 10m 2017 $500, Core XR4 10m $840, Core XR4 13.5m $970, Core XR4 17m $1060, Slingshot Turbine 5m 2017 like new $450, Slingshot Turbine 15m 2018 like new $1100, BROkite carbon board 140x44 like new complete $650, Slingshot Rally 6m 2017 like new $530, Slingshot Guardian 20" brand new $290

Postby grigorib » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:30 pm

Right time to ask question - is LF staying in kite business? Later development and crew leaving says the company might focus back on wakeboard gear where they started.
I’m sure Cloud9 will still sell foils and hopefully will stay compatible

drsurf
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: NSW South Coast
Gear: Too much too describe
Brand Affiliation: Whatever i sell

Postby drsurf » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:28 pm

mar menor wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:59 am
Thank you both for your replies. Macster,I am looking for a comparison with the Onda 633 which I believe is more stable than the 683s? My concerns re Moses are the sharp edges on the wings and mast,seen a few people with nasty cuts from them (the Impulse is more rounded ,less sharp and less likely to cut you ? ) Regarding the Galaxy which size do you have? Have you tried the Moses foil with Galaxy board?

Kitehulme ,for tight ass (and I include myself in that category) Moses are bringing out a 'package' Onda 633 with their own aluminium mast,which will be much cheaper than the carbon (but much heavier)
The Onda 633 is a great foil which is easy & fun to ride, manoeuvrable, and stable. If you don't like the sharp edges just get some suitable wet and dry sandpaper and round them off to your safety requirements as I did. The sharp edges are not a problem as you can choose to alter them. If your foil has got really rounded edges and less performance as a result, you can't change the edges back to sharp.
I can't see why people get worked up about sharp edges on foils when it is such an easy issue to fix.
Forget the alloy mast, try the carbon mast version of the 633, you won't be disappointed. If you compared the two masts you wouldn't bother with the alloy version.

It is really important to try the different foils you are considering before you spend your hard earned money. It shouldn't be too hard to find someone on the beach who'll give you a go if you are already able to foil.

Have fun, AusDave

Cefirmeza
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2014
Local Beach: Ceará - Brazil
Favorite Beaches: Ceará, Ibiraquera, Tarifa, Cape Town, T&C, San Andrés.
Style: Freeride
Gear: Slingshot RPMs and SST
Slingshot Hoverglide H5 / H3

Postby Cefirmeza » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:43 pm

drsurf wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:28 pm
mar menor wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:59 am

The Onda 633 is a great foil which is easy & fun to ride, manoeuvrable, and stable. If you don't like the sharp edges just get some suitable wet and dry sandpaper and round them off to your safety requirements as I did. The sharp edges are not a problem as you can choose to alter them. If your foil has got really rounded edges and less performance as a result, you can't change the edges back to sharp.

Have fun, AusDave
Can someone tell something about the performance issues or feeling after a fixed or sanded wingtips?
I bought a second handed kit with some work done on the wing so I have no comparison to make. How bad it could be until it may compromise the glide feeling?

Return to “Hydrofoil”