Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

hydrofoil / wave kite and bar: Kauper-XT

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
OzBungy
Very Frequent Poster

Re: New hydrofoil / wave kite and bar: Kauper-XT

Postby OzBungy » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:58 pm

The 15cm consists of:
- about 7cm comes from my old back lines being about 7cm short. I would consider that normal on a well used set of lines. The new lines set is all same length. That will change over time.
- 8cm being the difference between the end of the chicken loop in the harness hook and the end of the release on the Pintxo bar tied on the top of the harness hook but closer to the spreader. That is fixed and you have to do something to change it.

It's easy to change the position of the bar. Choose your method and do it. (change the line or pigtail settings, change how the bar is connected to the harness, ride in stronger winds, use a bigger kite)

The point I think I have made in a number of posts is a) the bar is different, and b) you can adapt yourself to it, or c) adapt it to you.

nixmatters
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Style: freeride. started foiling, not there yet
Gear: mostly custom made
Brand Affiliation: None currently

Postby nixmatters » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:59 am

Rainer Kauper wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:12 pm
nixmatters wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:20 pm
How's the Teflon tubing performing vs the PU? You forgot to follow up on this, but I'm sure you've been busy
When we made the tests it was pretty quickly clear that PTFE (Teflon) is much better than PU tubes for our use. Especially at hot temperatures like we had Spain in summer the PTFE tube worked way better. Beside that it slides much smoother through the bar hole. The only thing that you have to take care of is, that you do not kink this PTFE tube. When you put the bar into your bag you always have to take care of that. It`s not a big thing and I am really happy now as the tube lasts way longer. I was in touch with plastics institute of the university of Aachen in Germany which is my home town. They have also advised me to use PTFE.
Anyway thanks for your advise, too. :D
Did you check ETFE? It is more flexible than PTFE and PFA, and more resistant to kinking.
But probably more expensive too.

Rainer Kauper
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Mallorca Beaches
Style: Riding nice waves & Hydrofoil
Gear: Maverick Kites
Pintxo Bar
Brand Affiliation: Kauper XT

Postby Rainer Kauper » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:37 pm

nixmatters wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:59 am
Did you check ETFE? It is more flexible than PTFE and PFA, and more resistant to kinking.
But probably more expensive too.
Not yet, but I will definitely do. On the other hand I am not so unhappy with a little bit stiffer depower rope and our customers reviews are confirming that. The PU tube was very flexible and the new PTFE tube feels more solid and durable. I keep on working and testing nearly every day on new materials. I keep you updated in case there is a need to change anything at the current setup.

Thanks

Ciao

Rainer Kauper
----------------
These users thanked the author Rainer Kauper for the post (total 2):
nixmatters (Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:43 pm) • Peter_Frank (Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:14 pm)
Rating: 6.06%

Rainer Kauper
Medium Poster
Pintxo Bar

Postby Rainer Kauper » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:09 pm

Hi,

since we have been asked for information about the new Maverick sizes in 6m, 8m and 10m as well as information about the Pintxo Bar in 45cm and 60cm in the past few days, I now have launched an update on our website including the prices for the new products. The new kite sizes are priced exactly between the previous sizes and the bars all have the same price, regardless of their width.

Yasmin and I had previously checked our calculation and for now we decided to keep the prices as they were before the website was updated. Originally our kite prices were intended as an introductory offer, which should be increased by EUR 100 after about 3 - 6 months. That was our plan until then. However we have now come to the conclusion that we do not need this increase for the time being because advertising costs originally planned have so far simply not been incurred. For the Maverick and the Pintxo Bar we actually always have a waiting list and therefore no advertising at all. The production has so far simply not been able to bring out more kites and bars which however after the Chinese New Year should change. Additional advertising would only have extended the waiting list and we didn't want that at all as this leads to unrest that nobody wants. I hope our decision to keep the prices will be received positively and I would hope that if it does not lead to unsightly speculation, for example strategy planned from the start, or lousy sales figures and therefore the very low selling price. It was definitely planned differently and we are very happy that we didn't have to invest in expensive advertising right from the start. The word-of-mouth distribution and the forums have proven to be much more efficient and personal, because with the new brand we wanted to have direct contact with our customers which we both appreciate and for which I am right often get very good suggestions and expanded perspectives. In short the start could not have gone better and we would like to take this opportunity to thank you in the form of price stability. :-)

thx

Ciao

Rainer Kauper
----------------
These users thanked the author Rainer Kauper for the post:
Hasse (Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:38 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

a99
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Gear: North, SabMoses, Flysurfer, Liquid Force, Blade, Xenon.
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby a99 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:38 pm

Very nice that already Kauper released lot of kite sizes to choose. Still found only one video on youtube of some independent person
Other videos are only published by owner of brand, but can't understand why not any normal promo video available or normal review video? At least with clear behavior of kite in the air. Just some short video on sea with middle quality phone recording. Very strange. Even at owner video channel below video no any available info as riding wind range, kg and otehr important video. Can't understand difficult to borrow normal video camera and make detailed video of kite in the air ? Possible to understand that Kauper is busy with his brand but still, friend can do it also. Very strange brand promo policy.

windfreak74
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Weight: 70 kg
Local Beach: la trinchera
Favorite Beaches: maule region
Style: weird style!
Gear: switch helium3 7m 2018
Crazyfly 115 x 44 Chill 2021
nobile 2hd 134x42 2018
Manta foil 2015/2018
Brand Affiliation: none

Postby windfreak74 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:49 pm

no videos, no reviews , zero email responses, im still waiting... is someone out there?

Rainer Kauper
Medium Poster
Pintxo Bar

Postby Rainer Kauper » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:06 pm

a99 wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:38 pm
Can't understand difficult to borrow normal video camera and make detailed video of kite in the air ? Possible to understand that Kauper is busy with his brand but still, friend can do it also. Very strange brand promo policy.
Our promo policy is NOT to spam the web with expensive promo videos, or expensive advertising etc which would only make our products more expensive. Exactly this can be read on our website, but you are right to ask for some small videos made with a mobile or camcorder. Give me some time please.
windfreak74 wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:49 pm
no videos, no reviews , zero email responses, im still waiting... is someone out there?
Videos, see above;
reviews see also here: http://surfforum.oase.com/showthread.php?t=175914
zero email responses is definitely close to impossible. We reply a lot of emails everyday mostly within hours. So there is no reason to ignore yours. Moreover you can get in touch with us via contact form on our website, via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or you give us a call. It´s also possible to send me a pm here. Which way have you chosen?

Ciao

Rainer Kauper
----------------
These users thanked the author Rainer Kauper for the post:
windfreak74 (Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:40 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

windfreak74
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Weight: 70 kg
Local Beach: la trinchera
Favorite Beaches: maule region
Style: weird style!
Gear: switch helium3 7m 2018
Crazyfly 115 x 44 Chill 2021
nobile 2hd 134x42 2018
Manta foil 2015/2018
Brand Affiliation: none

Postby windfreak74 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:53 pm

hello Rainer,
sent you a Pm!

a99
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Gear: North, SabMoses, Flysurfer, Liquid Force, Blade, Xenon.

Postby a99 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:02 pm

Rainer Kauper wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:06 pm
a99 wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:38 pm
Can't understand difficult to borrow normal video camera and make detailed video of kite in the air ? Possible to understand that Kauper is busy with his brand but still, friend can do it also. Very strange brand promo policy.
Our promo policy is NOT to spam the web with expensive promo videos, or expensive advertising etc which would only make our products more expensive. Exactly this can be read on our website, but you are right to ask for some small videos made with a mobile or camcorder. Give me some time please.
Yes, i'm speaking not about expensive promo video spam - happy with smile guys riding in Bahams and etc.. NO.
i just speaking about good quality Full HD video there clear shows how kite (different sizes) behaves, in loops, in gusts, in some turns and etc. i know that all ok with your replys to emails and some posts.
I very like your concept and way, just little bit as i wrote video presentation of kite side can be stronger. Because video from phones in half even quality don't makes good impression in any way, it's not 2010 year anyway.

Mariomm
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2014
Gear: a lot
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Mariomm » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:32 pm

a99 wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:02 pm
Yes, i'm speaking not about expensive promo video spam - happy with smile guys riding in Bahams and etc.. NO.
i just speaking about good quality Full HD video there clear shows how kite (different sizes) behaves, in loops, in gusts, in some turns and etc. i know that all ok with your replys to emails and some posts.
I very like your concept and way, just little bit as i wrote video presentation of kite side can be stronger. Because video from phones in half even quality don't makes good impression in any way, it's not 2010 year anyway.
What do you get when you see that on the video? Nobody explains you in reality how the kite feels, and that's the important thing. The videos of the big manufacturers mostly have no meaning, you need kiters who tell you about their experience, or buy such a product and test it for yourself.

There are enough people who have no problem, buying a Duotone kite for 1500 euros and are unsatisfied with it. Just bought it, because it looked so great on the video or in the paid videos of several professional testers. But to spend about 700 euros for a product that promises characteristics that a lot of other kites do not have (good low end with small size, suitable price / performance ratio, innovative bar concept, light weight, stable flight characteristics in gusts, fast turning speed, etc.) and where are positive reviews in other forums is obviously not possible?

Most German buyers did not test the products and still bought it, also because they have the advantage that they asked many questions in the German kite forum and the questions were answered competently by Rainer and buyers reported their experiences, which motivated other people to buy the products. Please feel free to read all the comments in the germans forum monster Thread (link above and here: http://surfforum.oase.com/showthread.php?t=176215) and form your own opinion about the package.

Return to “Hydrofoil”