Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Kanaha shapes 37" Mucho macho.

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Re: Kanaha shapes 37" Mucho macho.

Postby Laughingman » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:21 pm

flaps1111 wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:13 am
skideeppow wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:40 pm
It’s made in Vietnam not China.
I love mime. Been riding it for 2 weeks straight in the gorge. Helped my tacks and it does allow high speed touchdowns.
Worth every penny
Are you riding 37" or 42"? I like the concept speed touchdowns :thumb: ...... One thing I find useful in my groove skate board 120 is that can be use in ultra light wind and in high wind, yesterday in a lull 5-6 knots its volume help me in a transition, I submerged totality the board and I was able to keep ridding, of course the wing plays an important roll a Moses Onda.
I measured my board and a the pad is just 37". :lol:
I'm doing toe-side tacks as well and some finish wind speed touchdowns I think volume helps a bit.
I think that I'm going to keep practicing with my skate and when I master all the moves tray something smaller or perhaps I'll make my own 37" board just for the feeling. And yes that size board for 850$ + 88$ shipping + 20% custom duties in EU (perhaps more) is bit pricey with Aloha from Vietnam.
Flapps, I ride the 37" KS with cloud1x 22" wing. It is very forgiving and fun to ride yet small enough to travel well, but in sub 8 knots I almost always need to switch to a more buoyant board and I find front straps are helpful when the wind is that low. Nothing wrong with having 2 boards!

Texaskiter
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Texas City
Galveston
Favorite Beaches: North Shore, Oahu, Hawaii
Playa del Carmen
Style: Freeride, surf, hydrofoil, airstyle
Gear: Core, Ozone, Moses,
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Kanaha shapes 37" Mucho macho.

Postby Texaskiter » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:25 am

I had a 42”. Now ride a 37”. 5 inches makes a big difference in feel. I love the 37” in waves. Would not go back to 42.

Return to “Hydrofoil”