A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
- Very Frequent Poster
- Posts: 1234
- Joined: Sun May 04, 2014 1:58 am
- Kiting since: 2007
- Local Beach: Hatteras Island, North Carolina, USA
Central Florida, USA
- Style: Freestyle, Airstyle, Hydrofoil
- Gear: Cabrinha Apollo, FS Speed 4, FS Soul, Pansh Aurora II, Axis Ltd, RRD Poison, SS Ankle Biter, SS Hoverglide
- Brand Affiliation: None
SENDIT! wrote: ↑
Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:17 pm
This is one of my favorite foiling videos. The music doesn't hurt it, either IMHO.
Agreed. Aerial acrobatics at its finest.
- Rare Poster
- Posts: 35
- Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:18 pm
- Kiting since: 1999
- Local Beach: El Cabezo, Tenerife
- Gear: Shinn, Blade, Da Kine,
- Brand Affiliation: Owner Shinn Kiteboards
Personally I don't like to go too small a wing for jumping...... I find the best technique to get height is to bear off and when you send the kite to pitch the foil upwards and literally sail it up out of the water into the jump. Making the traditional edge and POP seems to drag the foil upwards through the water at the cost of some height.
The benefit of a slightly larger wing (and I am talking around 850cm2 NOT the very large wings) is it makes landing and staying on the foil massively easier.
Return to “Hydrofoil”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: tomato and 9 guests