Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

90cm/36" pocketboards easily available in the US?

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
tkaraszewski
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2016
Local Beach: Hood River
Style: Hydrofoil
Gear: Moses/F-One/Flysurfer mostly
Brand Affiliation: None

90cm/36" pocketboards easily available in the US?

Postby tkaraszewski » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:29 pm

I'm looking for a good travel board that's the same size (more or less) as my 91cm Moses mast. I've been riding the Kanaha Shapes 37", and so that's an option, but I want to see what else is available that I can get in the US on a relatively short notice. I've been building a custom board, but that project is going slowly, and I'm not sure if it'll be done before I leave for a three week trip in a few weeks, so I'm looking for fallback options. Custom boards and special orders from the EU aren't really feasible as I want something I can order and have in my hands within a week or so.

elguapo
Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: cabarete, kanaha
Gear: ..

Re: 90cm/36" pocketboards easily available in the US?

Postby elguapo » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:07 pm

try www.KiteOutlet.eu

i ordered a pocket board on a sunday and Gerrit had it at my door by the following friday.

another option is to contact riccardo at newind.net and see what split foilboards he can ship now.
seemed pretty easy to contact via facebook or whatsapp
https://www.facebook.com/NewindKiteboarding

edit: neither are in usa... but i had zero issues so far getting orders shipped to 'merica from netherlands, italy, germany, etc...
edit again: a nobile splitboard should be easy to source from USA.. and fits your size desires for travel (but is kinda sucky)

thewindego
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Wolfe Island
Gear: core and windego boards

Re: 90cm/36" pocketboards easily available in the US?

Postby thewindego » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:18 am

Rough calculation using boardcad for my shape 90x40x2cm gives 0.3m2. Using a sheet of plywood 3/4=19mm gives approx 2.4kg. So maybe for a travel board make it KISS. Probably need some glass at the mast with inserts but you could wip that off and test before you go and save $$$$. Might need a little extra stuff in the buckling area but some wood is cheap. No need to finish it all happy just a ghetto ride and leave in the dumpster when you leave.

Return to “Hydrofoil”