Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

2020 Slingshot Dwarf Craft 3'6" Micro review...

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
joekitetime
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Sherman
Style: surf, foil, wake, plywood
Gear: wainman, slingshot, homegrown
Brand Affiliation: None

2020 Slingshot Dwarf Craft 3'6" Micro review...

Postby joekitetime » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:44 pm

Bear in mind this review if after only one ride. (I've been on the injured reserve list - guy accidently tomohawked his kite and lines across my face resulted in cuts/stitches).

Wind: 10-15mph, kite 7m wainman (most twin tippers on 12-15m kites, surfboard guys on 10-12, cloud kite 8m, other lei foilers on 8m)... wind was super steady, one notch above super light...

I needed to keep my face dry so rode the moses 873/450 and 101 mast. Felt like christmas carrying a new board to the launch. I set up the mast in the furtherst position back, rear strap in back all the way back and front strap in front, all the way forward.

Luckily, the slingshot positions were perfect for this setup (and, I do not change anything for the 633/683/790 or 873. One position works for all these wings. On the 590 I move my forward strap back 2 positions and mast all the way forward).

Once up and riding the dwarf craft micros felt exactly like my non-micro 3'6". The new padding was less cushy, just slightly. They did make some tweaks on the board but I didn't take the time to note them all, I just wanted to ride.

It was super cool to be carrying and riding the potatoe chip board. Zero noticeable difference from the 3'6" that I could tell. But this board is like 10 liters rather than 20 which is cool. Didn't get a chance to sit on it in water (if I drop the kite I like to sit like I'm on a surfboard to deal with getting kite back up - so not sure if I can do this yet or not.

But I really liked the board like I like the regular 3'6".

junebug
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Gear: Twintip
Foil

Re: 2020 Slingshot Dwarf Craft 3'6" Micro review...

Postby junebug » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:21 pm

I’m curious about the benefits over the standard 3’6”. Does the reduced volume makes the turns livelier?

joekitetime
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Sherman
Style: surf, foil, wake, plywood
Gear: wainman, slingshot, homegrown

Re: 2020 Slingshot Dwarf Craft 3'6" Micro review...

Postby joekitetime » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:50 pm

Here are the benefits that I perceive:
easier to carry around (as many times as I load, unload, move, schlepp, etc, this actually is a benefit)...
lighter (see benefit above!)
cooler...

While riding:
a little harder on the feet (slightly less cushion)...
feels exactly the same to me otherwise...

There may be a difference when jumping, but I refuse to jump on a foil....

Return to “Hydrofoil”