Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Wingfoil mast lenght

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Wingfoil mast lenght

Postby Peter_Frank » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:00 am

Horst, with only one angled front strap like in the picture, how do you ride the other tack after jibing (switching feet) - strapless or?

8) Peter

Horst Sergio
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: -
Brand Affiliation: kitejunkie.com

Account abandoned

Re: Wingfoil mast lenght

Postby Horst Sergio » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:14 pm

Hi Peter,
it's a compromise to some aspects. As I see most wingfoiler ride a just chocolate side strap setting for maybe the main reason that for pumping and riding waves you want to have a as centered stance as possible. As I do both a bit less for me the bigger reasons are the limited boards strap mounts (just want a wider strap fundament distance at front so use the inner of the opposite side) and maybe main reason that I haven't not yet tried foot switching on a wing mono foil to much and could be difficult in flight so going switch on one tack is easier than that. When powered well for long tacks I also ride strapless on the other side. At the moment happy with this compromise.

Also switched it is possible to ride hooked in the harness even it is a bit less compfortable and a bit less stable in gusts. But most of the time I am just turning and turning around also one handed (which is possible very well with the duotone boom) etc. So it is similar to the surf: nice to have the one best stance you prefer most of the time.
Kitejunkie Mono Wingfoil onehand.jpg

Return to “Hydrofoil”