Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Hydrofoil stiffness & fuselage connections

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
tomtom
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Hydrofoil stiffness & fuselage connections

Postby tomtom » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:31 am

No definitely not. Shorter mast will always ride different - more agile less wobbly etc. How do you know then what is from stiffness alone. Also differences between length will be quite small - so if these will be easily spotted and important then really soft masts /which can be multiply times softer/ must be unridable bad - and they are not

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:46 pm

tomtom wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:31 am
No definitely not. Shorter mast will always ride different - more agile less wobbly etc. How do you know then what is from stiffness alone. Also differences between length will be quite small - so if these will be easily spotted and important then really soft masts /which can be multiply times softer/ must be unridable bad - and they are not
That's my point -- material and construction are identical, the only difference is added flex from the length. If it's a noticeable difference, then it's analogous.

IMO the 15cm length difference produced not small differences, that could be felt easily and anticipated when it would occur.

"And they are not"
That's as subjective an opinion as mine is that it's a very bad thing.

I bet that it bothers people that it would bother...and those happily oblivious wouldn't care anyway :lol:

I know someone who learned on Moses and has gone to another brand, and has nothing nice to say about the Moses mast specifically. n = 1. That's the only direct comparison I can think of though -- the guys here with Moses have used nothing else since day 1, and other guys with other carbon boards have gone from low-end aluminum to carbon. No other frame of reference so they can't comment.

I'm afraid to ask for a demo of their kit because I've seen the broken Moses masts ... so I probably won't get a demo any time soon :D just wiggling them by hand -- even the 75cm mast -- gave me the heebie-jeebies.

dave1986
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Gear: .
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby dave1986 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:54 pm

Which brands offer a similar light carbon surf style foil like the Moses 633, but with less flex?

jumptheshark
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: Shhhhh
Favorite Beaches: Nude
Gear: The good stuff
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby jumptheshark » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:30 pm

Lift

Return to “Hydrofoil”