Favorite Beaches: Polish Baltic Beach
Style: foilboarding
Gear: Flysurfer Souls, Moses Hydrofoil, BraCuru Boards
Brand Affiliation: Moses HF

Re: The longest non-stop leg

Postby BraCuru » Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:30 pm

vanart wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:58 pm
BTW Where di you get you goggle with the nose protection!???
Google for cross enduro goggles with a nose.

I am testing various goggles and sunglasses.
I don't like sunglasses as they don't protect well against wind. For 2-3 hours session it's OK but not when I am riding upwind 4 hours nonstop into sun.

Any proper quality goggles with antifog systems don't work well as they have usually a double lens. It means that sooner or later water gets between lenses and it sucks.
This one used in the last trip are a cheap motor cross enduro with a single lens. They work well but quality of the frame is poor.
I am looking for a stiffer frame with a single lens and a nose protection.

Nose protection is the must for long trips as UV filters, cremes work only for a short period. And all these cremes are greasy what is an enemy for itching eyes and carbon bars don't like them either ;)

https://a.allegroimg.com/s1024/113ca9/8 ... arysowania
These users thanked the author BraCuru for the post:
vanart (Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:49 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Jibskibs
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Gear: Ghost, UFO, Soul, UltraV2
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Jibskibs » Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:56 pm

Just chiming in to say this is awesome. I originally got into foiling as a means to go explore, living on one of the Great Lakes (US) rather than the high wind/chop “battle kiting” on the twin tip. I’d love to lay down tracks like BraCuru, only reservation is that lots of my shoreline turns to cliffs and rock in areas and while confident on the foil, I haven’t overcome justifying that risk solo at least.

Does your Baltic shoreline turn rocky or involve private landowners or is it easy for you to bail out on any point in your journey?

BraCuru
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Grzybowo, Kołobrzeg, Polish Baltic Coast

Postby BraCuru » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:56 pm

Jibskibs wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:56 pm
Just chiming in to say this is awesome. I originally got into foiling as a means to go explore, living on one of the Great Lakes (US) rather than the high wind/chop “battle kiting” on the twin tip. I’d love to lay down tracks like BraCuru, only reservation is that lots of my shoreline turns to cliffs and rock in areas and while confident on the foil, I haven’t overcome justifying that risk solo at least.

Does your Baltic shoreline turn rocky or involve private landowners or is it easy for you to bail out on any point in your journey?
We are lucky as the Southern Baltic beaches are sandy and flat. Moreover there are no submerged rocks, rocky cliffs and first of all the entire shoreline 532km is public except harbours' premises.
We practically can land anywhere except harbours.
Sounds odd but we even can use most of beaches belonging to navy. Strange, huh?
Some beaches are protected by wooden breakwaters but it does not matter for foilers.

There is a nice bicycle route among the coast from Germany to Russia. 580km long https://polandonbike.com/baltic-sea-cycle-trail-ev10/
I originally got into foiling as a means to go explore
Me too. I feel more a sailor than a kiter.
Most of members of our foilclub do the same. We hit a beach and wind decides where we go. Sometimes for a beer in Germany (100km), lunch in Darłowo (60km) and once we did this:
viewtopic.php?f=196&t=2396552

My next year goal is to make one day 450km trip from Germany to Russia among our cost.
Tadeusz Niesiobędzki (60 years old) made 365km trip in 2013!!! what still is the Polish long distance record:

BraCuru
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Grzybowo, Kołobrzeg, Polish Baltic Coast

Postby BraCuru » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:21 pm

BTW: Polish coast in 4k in 5 minutes:

Return to “Hydrofoil”