A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
- Rare Poster
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:59 pm
- Gear: Naish kites, liquid force impulse foil
- Brand Affiliation: None
Hey guys, I'm looking into grabbing an 11m Ultra or boxer for my brother (he's going to start foiling).
Anyone got experience riding either with a high split in the lines? They still fly fine?
I've got a boxer as well, really like it, but I've got Naish bar...
- Medium Poster
- Posts: 160
- Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:57 pm
- Kiting since: 2002
- Local Beach: A muddy estuary 40 miles from home called Weston super mare.
- Favorite Beaches: So many. In no particular order - Outer Hebrides, Wales, Cornwall, Mauritius, Cape Verde, Portugal, Brazil, Barbados, Sardinia
- Style: Strapless surfboard & strapless foiling
- Gear: Airush Wave 7, 9, 10, Varial X 14m and sometimes my GF's Airush Diamonds, 5.5, 7, 9, 12. Ultra v2's 7, 10, 14
Firewire Evo Helium 5'3" , Airush Converse 6'. Airush Core v2 foil on a Shinn foil board. Shinn Bronq.
- Brand Affiliation: I like the build, ethics and kites from Airush. I've had Ozone, Liquid Force, PLKB, Flexifoil
- Location: Bath, UK
I wouldn't use a high Y on it. The Airush bars are low Y. Helps keep the canopy open, lets the kite breathe. A high Y will choke it and you won't like the way it flies
Return to “Hydrofoil”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Janus and 3 guests