mmac
Medium Poster
Local Beach: IOP
Style: surf
Gear: Duotone
Brand Affiliation: none

Hollow Carbon Fiber replacement masts

Postby mmac » Mon May 04, 2020 9:10 pm

Idk if this has been posted before but have you seen these awesome hollow carbon fiber replacement masts? https://projectcedrus.com They appear to have adapters that are compatible with all board mounts and many wings. Seems like a nice upgrade if you want to change from aluminum or need a new mast. Not affiliated in any way, just thought these looked like a great option or solution.
These users thanked the author mmac for the post:
BayAreaKite (Thu May 07, 2020 2:43 am)
Rating: 3.03%

Foil
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 91kg
Local Beach: New Brighton near Liverpool. Open sea with big low tide deep lagoon
and regular at Rhosneigr and Newbrough on Anglesey
Favorite Beaches: New Brighton, Rhosneigr, Fleetwood, Newbrough, Blackrock sands
lake Como (Italy) El Medano
Style: kite foiler since 2017 Ttip since 2000
Gear: My rule to gear choice is "IF IT DONT BOOST ITS NO USE"
Groove Skates 110cm 2022 editions
kraken mast systems 103k and 93k.
Kraken fuse 703k
Duotone SLS Evo's -- 11mtr/9mtr/7mtr/6mtr/ 4mtr RRD.
Duotone 2022 click bars x2,my own custom made lines fitted,
(modified lines now available for the flite99 shod duotone bars)

Bar lines made up to any length in a choice of strengths, power lines, trim lines, pigtails, leader lines, bridal lines, elasticated lines, I make and fit them all, free fit and tune service,
quick turnaround,drop me a message, find me on messenger, Colin Moore.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Hollow Carbon Fiber replacement masts

Postby Foil » Wed May 06, 2020 4:23 pm

I remember reading about these masts way back, the "soft" trailing edge made me think that's a very good idea.
never seen one yet on the water,
not sure why they only make masts up to 90cm, they start at 65cm, and all lengths are the same cost.
very interesting that they recommend them for huge boosting, that must be a good sign.
The 90 cm mast weight looks good as well, but you have to add in the extra base plate and adaptor weight, but all in they look not too heavy at all,
to me they look very good,
just need a longer version as well, maybe 100cm ish

BayAreaKite
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Fay Bainbridge
Favorite Beaches: Squamish, Crissy, Waddell
Style: All types!
Gear: Ozone kites, Project Cedrus foil
Brand Affiliation: Owner of Adherend Innovations / Project Cedrus

Re: Hollow Carbon Fiber replacement masts

Postby BayAreaKite » Thu May 07, 2020 12:22 am

Thanks mmac, I actually posted here when I launched the project a couple years ago: viewtopic.php?f=196&t=2401619

This has been a helpful forum for me and I'm happy to answer any questions on this thread or the linked above. Or you can submit them through the website. As mentioned in the other thread, I try to list weights of adapters and mounts and can confirm that even with the aluminum adapters and mounts, Project Cedrus is still very similar in weight or even lighter than Moses/Lift/MFC options while also being stiffer. It is much lighter than aluminum and any of the solid carbon masts out there, like the new Axis or early iterations from other brands.

I'm sorry I can't yet offer a 100cm mast. I am not targeting the racing scene which at the time were the primary customers of long masts. Lesson learned, will definitely keep the site up to date with lengths and options! Thanks again.

Return to “Hydrofoil”