Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2004
Local Beach: Coyote Point, CA
Style: Freestyle, starting foiling
Gear: Airush Diamond V1 7, 9 and 12. Blankforce MK5 & Advisory
Brand Affiliation: None

Foil board for beginning and compatible carving

Postby iwave » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:44 pm

I am looking for a foil board to begin with kite foiling, but that could also be used for carving as progressing.
I understand that this 2 programs might not be entirely compatible. Please let me know what you think.
I am <75 kg/165lbs. I am a beginner to foiling, but have been kiting for +12 years.

Another important aspect for me is that the board has to be very light, so likely a carbon board.
I don't have a garage where I can store my gear, and I can't leave my equipment in my car because of constant breaks in when street parking in the city where I live, so I have to carry all my equipment from my apartment to the spot (so every gram counts ;-) ).

So far I selected these baords: Please let me know what you think or if you think of another board that would work.

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,

Re: Foil board for beginning and compatible carving

Postby clint2070 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:12 am

iwave wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:44 pm
I am looking for a foil board to begin with kite foiling, but that could also be used for carving as progressing.
I understand that this 2 programs might not be entirely compatible. Please let me know what you think.
I am <75 kg/165lbs. I am a beginner to foiling, but have been kiting for +12 years.

Another important aspect for me is that the board has to be very light, so likely a carbon board.
I don't have a garage where I can store my gear, and I can't leave my equipment in my car because of constant breaks in when street parking in the city where I live, so I have to carry all my equipment from my apartment to the spot (so every gram counts ;-) ).

So far I selected these baords: Please let me know what you think or if you think of another board that would work.
I have had a dwarfcraft for years now but just saw a guy with a Tray and I had to have one ! I haven't even gotten it yet but its on the way. I wanted the 94 but all I could find was a 125. Ill let you know how it goes. My dwarfcraft has been great to me though

drsurf
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: NSW South Coast
Gear: Too much too describe
Brand Affiliation: Whatever I sell

Postby drsurf » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:58 pm

I've had the Axis Tray 110 for all last season teamed with a Moses 679 foil. The board is light stiff and strong, gives you a really direct connection to the foil.
If you're just starting to foil, the Tray 125 will make it easy as it is easy to manage on the water and in touchdowns. I'm assuming you're running a surf foil as that's what works so well with this board.

jumptheshark
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Shhhhh
Favorite Beaches: Nude
Gear: The good stuff

Postby jumptheshark » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:24 pm

Either of them look sweet.

Put the time in and you'll get it and neither of those will hold you back.

Return to “Hydrofoil”