Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Lift high aspect wings

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
geokite
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Silver Strand, Mission Bay
Favorite Beaches: Sherman, Belmont
Style: Surf, Foil
Gear: Avoid the Triton foil board, made by Newind!

B: [Firewire SP, Kanaha MM, Triton] F: [Lift, Triton, Axis] K: [Kitech, Gin]
Brand Affiliation: None

Lift high aspect wings

Postby geokite » Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:09 am

These are somewhat new to the lift lineup. Curious what the more experienced think of them (just from a picture).
https://liftfoils.com/foil-wings/

I asked lift how they would differ from the 170 classic or the 170 surf for kiting, and they just recommended me to the 110 classic. I get the feeling the kite community is not their bread and butter...

jumptheshark
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Shhhhh
Favorite Beaches: Nude
Gear: The good stuff
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Lift high aspect wings

Postby jumptheshark » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:23 pm

Lift do need to clue in to the marketing potential of high end kite foiling. They are all in wrt efoil marketing, but it’s lacking any kind of talent or athletic component.

Right now they want to project the idea that anyone can efoil, so the vids they put out are all smiles, scenery, smooth easy riding and their new Jeep. With a battery filed board the turns are all pretty lazy arcs and there is no real performance or sport aspect to the riding. Once they get a little more market penetration they will need to start showcasing their foil in a little more performance oriented fashion. They will look to splice in a few more clips of tow in, kite and of course the obligatory wing foiler pulling off an air.

So funny they refer you to the 110. Probably wanna sell it on a 36” mast too! Oh well, happy to continue developing a strapless air skater style of swell foiling on their 170. Perhaps someday they will take notice and promote their lesser markets to at least project a little athleticism instead of the current easy chair image they seem to be pushing.

Return to “Hydrofoil”