Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

anyone used this stick on foilmount? in real life

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
adriatic
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: anyone used this stick on foilmount? in real life.

Postby adriatic » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:26 am

downunder wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:37 pm
adriatic wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:51 am
I've ben using it for 1year (about 40 sessions so far), rock solid, very happy with it.
Allowed me to get into hydrofoiling spending not much, and now after having progressed I feel could take the next step and buy a dedicated pocket board.
I think with kite-construction boards it is pretty safe, specially if the area is almost flat.
Adriatic - Jadran :)

I am trying to find this countersunk nuts like yours, where did u get those?

Hvala
Hey I got them with the foilmount, it's called the "wizard hat" kit. If you need only the nuts, it seems they can be bought separately here: https://foilmount.com/products/wizard-h ... -only-each

PS I'm on the other side of the Jadran :) ciao
These users thanked the author adriatic for the post:
downunder (Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:22 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

downunder
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: building my own
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby downunder » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:47 pm

Grazie!

Huh, the dealer in AU email not found! Cant imagine they do not sell here :(

Anyone knows?

Mossy 757
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: First Landing State Park, Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Style: Kitefoil
Gear: Delta Hydrofoil and board. Cabrinha Velocity 9m, Flysurfer Sonic2 11m, Ozone R1V2 15m

Postby Mossy 757 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:22 pm

PurdyKiter wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:01 pm
The skin separated from the core and the entire bottom of the board is now a big air bubble.
This is the biggest flaw with this design; excluding solid-wood bottoms, what board won't delaminate when you put a bunch of torque on the bottom skin? I think pretty much any material would do this...

That's why foilboards have seriously reinforced boxes installed into the foam core and sometimes connected to the board's stringer, all that lateral load is spread out throughout the design of the board instead of just applying 'peeling' forces to the laminated bottom.

PurdyKiter
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Jones Beach, The Gorge
Favorite Beaches: La Ventana
Style: Hydrofoil
Gear: Flysurfer Soul, BRM Clouds, Moses

Postby PurdyKiter » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:27 pm

Mossy 757 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:22 pm
PurdyKiter wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:01 pm
The skin separated from the core and the entire bottom of the board is now a big air bubble.
This is the biggest flaw with this design; excluding solid-wood bottoms, what board won't delaminate when you put a bunch of torque on the bottom skin? I think pretty much any material would do this...

That's why foilboards have seriously reinforced boxes installed into the foam core and sometimes connected to the board's stringer, all that lateral load is spread out throughout the design of the board instead of just applying 'peeling' forces to the laminated bottom.
Many years ago I drilled my North Whip (EPS core w/ skin) and mounted a foil. First ride out I could feel the torque twisting all over the place. Then I plunge routered 4 stringers of 3/8 X 18 inches, then fabric wrapped ash stringers in plus laid two layers of cloth. Seemed to work. Used it for a few months and sold it cheap

Mossy 757
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: First Landing State Park, Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Style: Kitefoil
Gear: Delta Hydrofoil and board. Cabrinha Velocity 9m, Flysurfer Sonic2 11m, Ozone R1V2 15m

Postby Mossy 757 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:19 pm

Yeah, this is actually a place where race boards are making good advancements because any wiggle in the box translates to big instability going fast. Davesails7 got a custom board made by Will Cyr and said he never realized how wiggly his previous carbon board was until he rode one that was no-compromises engineered to hold a pro-box foil.

ladomi
Medium Poster

Postby ladomi » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:29 pm

I also began foiling with the foilmount. I put it on a nearly 20 year old little fat bastard. I don't know anything about the construction but it has worked for me with no issues for 3 seasons. I have run it aground many times (at least 15 - 20 times) as I foil in a shallow location.

I prepped it very well. Light sand paper, scotch brite, alcohol for final cleaning. I do attach a leash (Q power line) in the hopes it would save the foil in the event of a failure.

Return to “Hydrofoil”